Belgian National Day - 21 July, 1: 2009-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is really a teenager now (almost 15 on the 21st of October) she was really nicely dressed !

And she's going to be quite tall, her legs are REALLY long ;)

is there any footage as well?
I love to see how close she is with her father, he seems to be really fond of his children and really attentive and caring (you can tell he doesn't want his children to experience what he did when it comes to family). She's really growing into her role of Heir to the Throne and I'm sure she'll make her parents and her Nation proud when it'll come the moment to take her role to a more active level.
And yes, she's grown so much since last year. I thought she's wasn't going to be tall since her cousins Laetitia Maria and Louise looked taller than her at Amedeo's wedding, despite being younger, but every kid is different and has his own time to grow up.

is there any footage as well?
I love to see how close she is with her father, he seems to be really fond of his children and really attentive and caring (you can tell he doesn't want his children to experience what he did when it comes to family). She's really growing into her role of Heir to the Throne and I'm sure she'll make her parents and her Nation proud when it'll come the moment to take her role to a more active level.
And yes, she's grown so much since last year. I thought she's wasn't going to be tall since her cousins Laetitia Maria and Louise looked taller than her at Amedeo's wedding, despite being younger, but every kid is different and has his own time to grow up.

This is footage from the night act:

Koningspaar bezoekt vuurwerk met gezin | VTM NIEUWS

It was nice to see the family celebrating the Belgian National Day. It was sweet of Laurent to greet Eleonore, though I agree that he seems to have a complex personality.
It's lovely to watch Philippe and Mathilde's children grow up, particularly Elisabeth. I agree with Marchesina, she'll be a great Queen one day.

And we have the program of the celebrations for the National Day in belgium 20-21 July

"On Thursday, July 20, 2017, their Majesty, the King and the Queen and their Royal Highness, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz attend the Preludium concert until the National Holiday in the Palace of Fine Arts in Brussels.
On Friday, July 21, 2016, the King and the Queen will attend Te Deum, following the National Holiday Day in the Saint Michael and St. Goedelekathedral in Brussels. Their Royal Highnesses Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz attend the Te Deum in St. Peter's Church in Leuven. Their Royal Highnesses Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attend the Te Deum in the Sint Jan Baptist Church in Waver. In the afternoon, the King and Queen, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attend the military and civilian defilation at the Palace Square in Brussels. After the defilation, members of the Royal Family visit the Festival in the Park. In the evening, the King and Queen and Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz attend the fireworks at the Palace Square."

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/nationale-feestdag-2017

The King and Queen seem to be accompanied with Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz at a few of the events this year,thankfully we won't have to suffer looking at too much of Prince Laurent this year.

Good news : for the Afternoon , the King and the Queen, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorens , Prince Laurent et Princess Claire.

Good news : for the Afternoon , the King and the Queen, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorens , Prince Laurent et Princess Claire.

Rightly so. The King and his siblings are the only paid royals. To show up on the Fête Nationale is not too much asked, in return ;-)

Criticism from last year paid off. There's no reason for a member of the royal family to not attend the National Day (apart from health issues).
Plus I hope Princess Elisabeth and Prince Gabriel will attend the concert on the 20th, even if they're not listed (they are never listen, but we know we can expect them to attend the Te Deum and the parade).

They are 4 young Children , assisting the Parade is enough.

They are 4 young Children , assisting the Parade is enough.

A concert for the eldest one (Elisabeth and Gabriel) is not an unbearable duty. They both attended the final sessions of the Queen Elisabeth music competition this year, but of course what they want to do is more important than what I/we want. Unlike their uncles and aunts they are not required to be there because they're not working royals yet.

A concert for the eldest one (Elisabeth and Gabriel) is not an unbearable duty. They both attended the final sessions of the Queen Elisabeth music competition this year, but of course what they want to do is more important than what I/we want. Unlike their uncles and aunts they are not required to be there because they're not working royals yet.

Being an amateur musician herself, Queen Mathilde made it sure that her children also received musical training. According to the website of the Belgian Royal House, both Élisabeth and Gabriel play the piano, Emmanuel plays the flute, and Éleonore plays the violin. I don't know if they actually like it, or if it is something they are simply told to do as princes/ princesses, but, in any case, all of Mathilde's children are used to attending musical performances.

Last edited:
Oh dear I wonder what happened to Princess Astrid?

Oh no hope Astrid is okay! Nice to see she still managed to attend.

Great to see that the Princess still made despite her recent injury.

Arrival of the Royal Family to the Cathedral of St. Micheal and St. Gudula in Brussels for the Te Deum.

Place Royale - FB

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
How beautiful Lisa has become... true beauty and quite grown up now !!!!

The lady with red hat with flowers is there at each Royal Event !
We saw her on Place Royale once.

Was Princess Astrid due to attend the Mass this morning?

Every single time I see Elisabeth, she seems more and more grown to me :eek: :D

Yes, I am delighted and surprised at how beautiful and grown up she has become. It seems yesterday she was a shy little toddler.?

In fact, the entire family is just lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom