Belgian National Day - 21 July, 1: 2009-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching RTBF this moning on TV5 International and they mentioned something abour Waloon politicians not attending the National Day events and sending only low-key representatives due to some kind of political crisis. Would anyone be so kind to give further details ? Thanks.

Belgian National Day - 21 July (2009-2017)

No King and Queen in the park this year. They are paying the Tommorowland festival a visit.

Probably not because they like the music but because they want to show their support for the company that organizes the festival.

They will be back for the fireworks tonight. They will be joined by Elisabeth, Astrid and Lorenz.

Last edited:
Princess Elisabeth has really grown up,she's no longer a little royal and is now a young lady!

I'm glad to see the whole family being involved. It should always be like this. With the king's children still underage and not able to perform royal duties on their own, the king' siblings should be in full forces, helping him.

It's great to see everyone there, including Laurent and Claire. Philippe and Mathilde's children all look so grown up; especially Elisabeth. She's a young lady already. ?

Love the photo of Elisabeth seated with her parents and Princess Astrid from tonight.

I'm glad to see the whole family being involved. It should always be like this. With the king's children still underage and not able to perform royal duties on their own, the king' siblings should be in full forces, helping him.

MTE, they should present an united front all the time.

BTW Elisabeth looks super beautiful right now, I absolutely loved the look in the night act.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW Elisabeth looks super beautiful right now, I absolutely loved the look in the night act.

Incredibly beautiful..she may be every inch of a Coburg, but she has her mum's class.

Why for the evening Princess Astrid is not setting next to King Philippe ?

Why for the evening Princess Astrid is not setting next to King Philippe ?

Why should she be? Philippe is seated between his wife and his heir, I think that's how things should be done.

I think Elisabeth is a mix of her greatgrandmother Astrid and her grandmother Paola.

I think you're right, and they both were very sophisticated beauties.?

Leidi is right Maria Olivia, protocol demands the king sits between the Queen and the Heir to throne.

Astrid had to giggle when the whole family was welcomed but the man didn't say Maria Laura's name. He didn't mention her in both languages and he was standing right in front of them so he probably didn't know who is who.

Does Princess Astrid not make part of the Belgian army anymore?

She was not uniform at the National Parade, as before.

Hoera for her that she chose a nice dress instead of the uniform.

Sorry, I wrote too early this Morning and thought it was Princess Astrid's daughter next to the King. thanks for correcting !

Last edited:
I'm thinking it was possibly down to her injuries making it too difficult to manage a uniform.

Astrid had to giggle when the whole family was welcomed but the man didn't say Maria Laura's name. He didn't mention her in both languages and he was standing right in front of them so he probably didn't know who is who.

Poor Princess Maria Laura! ;) I am glad to see her present with her sister Princess Laetitia Maria, following her absence from Queen Paola's birthday celebrations. I wonder if she will ultimately come home to Belgium, as her brothers have done (although it was short-lived in the case of Prince Amedeo).

Oh dear! :lol: What an awkward moment for Maria Laura, haha. He should have had a list of the RF's names if he didn't know or couldn't remember who was who.

I think Elisabeth is a mix of her greatgrandmother Astrid and her grandmother Paola.

That photo of Paola is almost like a clone of Elisabeth - they look so alike! Now I know where her looks come from.

Oh dear! :lol: What an awkward moment for Maria Laura, haha. He should have had a list of the RF's names if he didn't know or couldn't remember who was who.

That photo of Paola is almost like a clone of Elisabeth - they look so alike! Now I know where her looks come from.

Yes, Elisabeth does favor Paola a LOT, imagine how beautiful she's going to be in her 20s :flowers:

I am actually surprised how her facial expression is so similar to Queen Astrid's. Anyway, Elisabeth is fortunate in the sense that both her mother, her grandmother and her great-grandmother are/were beauties in their own way.

I was wondering at what age Elisabeth will make her first tiara appearance. It used to be the case in the past that women wouldn't wear tiaras until they got married, but, since women now tend to marry at an older age (closer to 30 than 20 !), it is clear she won't wait that long. I believe the Swedish princesses started wearing tiaras when they turned 18, but I don't expect Elisabeth to attend tiara events like state dinners until she is at least 21. What do you guys think ?

Yes, Elisabeth does favor Paola a LOT, imagine how beautiful she's going to be in her 20s :flowers:

I really hope Paola will give her clone lol her tiara when she will need one. I think she will started attending tiara events when she'll finish her studies, around her 23rd/24th birthday, because I'm sure she will get a master degree and attend different courses (military, economics, politics)

I could imagine that she attends some incoming State Visits after turning 18 if she is in the country and not studying abroad. This was the case for Crown Princess Victoria in Sweden.

Video about the Military Parade with a nice moment of Prince Laurent going to greet his nieces and nephews on the royal tribune.

VTM - NIEUWS

I am actually surprised how her facial expression is so similar to Queen Astrid's. Anyway, Elisabeth is fortunate in the sense that both her mother, her grandmother and her great-grandmother are/were beauties in their own way.

I was wondering at what age Elisabeth will make her first tiara appearance. It used to be the case in the past that women wouldn't wear tiaras until they got married, but, since women now tend to marry at an older age (closer to 30 than 20 !), it is clear she won't wait that long. I believe the Swedish princesses started wearing tiaras when they turned 18, but I don't expect Elisabeth to attend tiara events like state dinners until she is at least 21. What do you guys think ?

Mbruno,

I will be very surprised if Elisabeth is not seen in a tiara until she is in her 20's. I am thinking that as Philippe's heir she will probably be seen at State occasions in an appropriate, elegant little diadem beginning around her 18th birthday. In my fantasies, the late Queen Fabiola left some dazzling jewels to the eldest daughter of her beloved Mathilde, whom she seemed to treat as her own child.

But we will have to wait and see.

I also expect that "Lisa" will eventually go abroad to some prestigious university as did her father and many of the other current CP's. She is reportedly exceedingly bright.

Those photos showing her uncanny physical resemblance to her great grandmother Queen Astrid and especially to a young Paola have left me speechless. :ohmy:She is an exact mix of her mother, her great-grandmother, and her grandmother...aristocratic beauties all.

Lucky young lady!;)

Last edited:
I am really wondering why Princess Claire did not hit her husband: "Take your sunglasses of during Mass!"

:ermm:

Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom