The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2014, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The royal children are so well behaved! I noticed that Prince Laurent appears to be having 40 winks in this photo!

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Old 07-22-2014, 06:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

You did my day An Ard Ri .....

Old 07-22-2014, 07:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mara* View Post

I’m glad that the kids, Elisabeth especially, are able to meet the crowd in such an open and relaxed manner. Looks like the death threats haven’t impressed them and they are shaking hands unbiasedly. Good for them. There still is lots of security around them though. For ex. I saw pictures of gunned policemen watching the scenery from the rooftop of a building.
That was so scary. I never saw those, but this year they were eveywhere. I saw at least 7 snipers on the roofs

Queen Mathilde
Old 07-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it is normal protection. I remember at Delft at Prince Bernard funeral, there were lots of people on the roofs around the square.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's one more nice gallery of the National Day celebrations:

** pp: Mathilde de Belgique: Reine des fleurs après le défilé qui a captivé ses enfants **
Old 07-23-2014, 10:33 AM

I had the great pleasure to be there on the 21st. Here are a couple of my photos:

imgbox - fast, simple image host
Old 07-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipje View Post
I had the great pleasure to be there on the 21st. Here are a couple of my photos:

So cool! Congratulations on getting those great photos of the family.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I enjoyed looking at the photos of the BRF celebrating National Day. Princess Elisabeth has grown up so much - this was her first National Day as Duchess of Brabant and her parent's first National Day as King and Queen.

Like others here, I thought that what the woman in the crowd did to Princess Eleonore was a little inappropriate, and I'm surprised that Philippe and Mathilde went along with it. It must have been quite scary for Eleonore, since she probably didn't know what was going to happen. The woman could've just asked for a photo politely, without all the fuss. Were there any bodyguards nearby when this happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipje View Post

Thanks for sharing your photos with us, Flipje. It looks like you were quite close to the BRF, what a wonderful experience that must have been for you.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!

Tags
archduke lorenz, belgium, brussels, king albert ii, king philippe, military, national day, parade, prince laurent, prince lorenz, princess astrid, princess claire, queen fabiola, queen mathilde, queen paola, te deum