Belgian National Day - 21 July, 1: 2009-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aahh Louise is just adorable! She has always been my favorite. And Maria Laura looked lovely as usual. Actually, all the royal ladies looked lovely today.

I can't see pictures with the children. Where should the pictures be?

apple

:lol:Queen Fabiola, she had taken an apple with her to the defile. Chapeau Madam!:lol:
Picture details

Doesn't Louise looks a little bit like her grandma Paola?

Here are three zimbio galleries:

** Belgium Royal Family attends concert **

** Belgium Royal family celebrates National Day **

** Belgium Celebrates National Day **

And some more big pics from the parade:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

And other events:

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire visit the military during Belgian
National Day celebrations in Brussels, Belgium on 21 July 2009

** belga gallery **

Crownprince Philippe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium meet with public
as they visit the stands of UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund), at
the Royal Park in Brussels, during the Belgian National Day, 21 July 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery **

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz pay a visit to the police during the
Belgian National Day celebrations on 21 July 2009 in Brussels, Belgium.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Mathilde looks beautiful indeed.I prefer her choise for the défilé between the two. The dress she wore in the te deum is a "recycling clothes": she wore it at P.Isabella christening. Anyway she looks stunning and radiant.
Claire...i'm just a little bit disappointed for her outfit...something retrò, she looks as she came from a 1950's movie...
Happy to see Queen Fabiola restabished after the long illness

The photos are all wonderful. It looks like a very lively National Day.

I loved seeing the photos of Queen Fabiola with the apple. I am so glad that she attended this year's events, and wasn't bullied by the threats against her from that psychotic person.

Princess Louise is very charming. She is so cute, and it looked like she was having a good time during the event. I think that she looks a lot like Claire.

Here is an article from Hola about the festivities (and also about Queen Fabiola's brooch):

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_belga/200907219463/dia/nacional/belgica/1/

And here are some photos of Laurent and Claire at the Te Deum mass:

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr01/?p=16020

Last edited:
It was a wonderfull national day. I was there at the the defilé and Louise really really is a girl full of life. She was really playing with her fathers sabel all the time and at one point she was wearing his "hat" (I don't know how you call it in English). When they left the stage she tried to lift up the skirt of her mother, but she could stop her on time. Really funny.
Laetitia it such a lovely child, she was just sitting on her fathers lap and than on Prince Amedeo's lap.
Prince Amedeo is really a shy young man. When he walked back to the car he had to walk a little bit and get in the car at the side were people were standing. Some people called his name and were waving, but he just looked to them from under his "had". Actually really "cute" :).
I really enjoyed being there.

Princess Laetitia's grown up a lot... :) Seems no children of Princess Mathilde have attended the parade?

Sorry, why don't I see any pictures of the children of Astrid and Lorenz?!?
Where are they???

Silly me, and thank you Lucien!

louise n laetitia were adorable as always... n amadeo looks like he's getting more handsome by the day.... <3

I just have to say that I'm really proud of our king, queen, princes and princesses. I watched the defilé on the tv and it was just wonderful to see them. I'm really proud to be Belgian !

So I am... beautiful and likeable Royal family we have !

During the first national days after her wedding , Mathilde was sitting next to Queen Fabiola , they spoke and had fun.. next to the Queen Paola Prince Philippe who is always shy and we saw Queen Paola in a bad mood for the whole afternoon.
Now nevermore , Mathilde has to sit at the end , next to her Prince Philippe and Queen Fabiola next to Queen Paola !
Queen's Fabiola 's apple was really great , she has not say her last word..

I think Princess Mathilde is dress in good taste. I really like both the headpiece and her outfit.

it's really sad that any of CP Philippe and P.Mathilde's children were there on this important occasion as a National Day. I mean, P.Elisabeth is the future CP and Duchess of Brabant and the other ones are anyway children of the future regent couple

I think it was because Philippe and Mathilde were at the King's tribune, the two others were on the side , but why Laurent before Astrid , I never understood.

I found the headgear of CP Mathilde very pretty, light, flattering and above all very inventive. .:idea:

During the first national days after her wedding , Mathilde was sitting next to Queen Fabiola , they spoke and had fun.. next to the Queen Paola Prince Philippe who is always shy and we saw Queen Paola in a bad mood for the whole afternoon.
Now nevermore , Mathilde has to sit at the end , next to her Prince Philippe and Queen Fabiola next to Queen Paola !
Queen's Fabiola 's apple was really great , she has not say her last word..

I don't know if you noticed, maria-olivia, but this time Princess Mathilde and Queen Fabiola chattered and laughed while Prince Philippe was standing to attention for the troops... nicely behind his back (literally that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom