Abdication Issues & Belgium

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't Elio Di Rupo said that they were going to reduce the expenses for the RF and only a few chosen members including a MONARCH THAT STEPS DOWN would get a state allowance?

The palace hasn't dismissed the rumors like they had in the past, the Prime Minister says something like that, we've been seeing more of Elisabeth in the last month than we have seen in the last three years combined...

I don't know but this all screams of abdication for me and I think it is a good thing, it's better to stand down and make your heir's coronation/swearing a party instead of a sombre affair after your death, I really liked how they have done it in the Netherlands and Luxembourg so why not Belgium?

And Elisabeth is actually older than Amalia now and she might be able to start doing solo acts in a few years so that wouldn't be an issue.

I also think that this time the rumours can be true...
The fact that we are suddenly seeing so much of the Belgian children, and that anybody is denying the question, makes me think so.
I like Albert, but I think abdication is the best option is he´s tired and I think P&M are ready to take over.

If King Albert wishes to retire and the government is willing to accommodate, it is possible to follow the Dutch way. After reading this thread, my impression was that an abdication might spell the end for the royal family.

If King Albert wishes to retire and the government is willing to accommodate, it is possible to follow the Dutch way. After reading this thread, my impression was that an abdication might spell the end for the royal family.

that's my greatest fear too, but I think (from a foreigner's perspective) that the Royal family is a kind of a glue for the nation, even if it appears they're not that liked. And also I think Philippe will prove to be a great monarch, and so will do Mathilde. And if it's really Albert's intention to abdicate, I believe he made sure his son is ready to take his place.

I wasn't aware that the palace doesn't deny the rumors
So then I guess we will hear something after or before the King Albert's 20 years on the throne anniversary .

Posts about the special announcement of king Albert II tonight, have been moved to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom