The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who is the most professional crown princess?
Victoria of Sweden 128 27.65%
Mette-Marit of Norway 30 6.48%
Mary of Denmark 85 18.36%
Mathilde of Belgium 68 14.69%
Maxima of the Netherlands 48 10.37%
Letizia of Spain 78 16.85%
The Duchess of Cornwall 25 5.40%
Other 1 0.22%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Victoria is in a league of her own (as others have already said).

However, in light of recent events it can only be Letizia. Appearing so soon in such a variety of events after such tragic events is highly commednable, imo.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Courtier

Definetly Princess Letizia, she is just turning her role as a princess, even She doesn't take in account that she is passing a terrible time.
I admire her too much.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Majesty

what is the criteria for a perfect princess in your opinion
* style
* work in organisations
* how they talk and about what
* giving birth to children

I would really like to know
Old 06-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
what is the criteria for a perfect princess in your opinion
* style
* work in organisations
* how they talk and about what
* giving birth to children

I would really like to know

Excellent question because the parameters didn't seem the for everybody.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Gentry

Interesting question, Josefine

To me professionalism in a Crown princess has nothing to do with looks or style but how they are able to represent the royal houses and their countries, the way they speak for the causes they believe in and how they are able to interact with all different types of persons. That´s why I voted for Mathilde (I think) and Maxima also posesses these abilities IMO.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

1. Victoria of Sweden
2. Letizia of Spain and Mathilde of Belgium
4. Maxima of Netherlands
5. Mary of Denmark
6. Mette-Marit of Norway
Old 07-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Serene Highness

Mathilde of Belgium
Old 07-08-2007, 05:14 AM
Courtier

1. Mathilde of Belgium (a league of her own)
2. Victoria of Sweden
3. Mary of Denmark(when she doesn't visit fashion shows) and Maxima of the Netherlands (micro-credit)

Princess Letizia is not in my top 3, because, well, in my opinion, profesionalism also a lot about individuality, which I see NONE of chez Letizia. Sure, Letizia Ortiz is professional, with a professional degree in journalism and surely professional class, all things she would still have, but I see nothing very professional from the current Princess Letizia of Spain, just following around her husband.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:43 AM
Majesty

good question the one on our criteria to decide the most professional princess. i'd say for me it's a mix of the work they carry on in organisations and, most importantly perhaps, which organisations. i find it of extreme importance that a princess knows how to communicate with an international public, in congresses, seminars, conferences, which is why i think that rania, maxima or mathilde, for example, are doing quite well in their representation abroad and their participation in international forums and committees. i wouldn't say style counts for me, it's enough if they show themselves in a professional, executive and clean image (victoria, mathilde and letizia, for example). it's of course also about the warmth they show and their connection with the people, of which mette marit or maxima are good examples.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Aristocracy

Victoria of Sweden and Letizia of Spain
Old 07-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Victoria has only herself to worry about. She doesn't have to juggle her career with a husband or family so I would think that she can't help but do a good job.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1 View Post
Victoria has only herself to worry about. She doesn't have to juggle her career with a husband or family so I would think that she can't help but do a good job.

i don't think that takes away merit from her though. it's in fact and in my opinion the complete opposite. while she would be able to stay at home looking after her children or taking time off if she did have a family, now she can't and for her there's no excuse to attend events or represent sweden abroad. besides, victoria does an excellent job already and her position as princess and future regent in her own right makes her have an "upper status" among the other princesses. as queen elizabeth more than once said, her life is from britain and britain should always be her main priority.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Nobility

for me princess laetizia
I like her way to be, her calm, her intelligent way to intgrate royal family
Old 07-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

For me, professionality is the amount of "serious" work a Crown Princess does (on her own), the responsibilities and duties she has (for herself) and the respect and acceptance that go with it.

From that perspective my Top 3 are

Victoria of Sweden
Maxima of Netherlands
Mathilde of Belgium

MM & Mary cannot keep up with the workload of these 3, I would say, and Letizia does almost nothing herself. Didn't want to compare the Dutchess of Cornwall with the other Ladies as she's a different generation - but her workload is huge, of course.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissajames View Post
Victoria - she has never given me the impression that she wished she was somewhere else or someone else when she's on the job.

She will make a wonderful Queen for Sweden. :p
I agree, she is #One
Old 09-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

1. Mathilde of Belgium
2. Victoria of Sweden
3. Mette-Marit of Norway
4. Maxima of Netherlands
5. Letizia of Spain
6. Mary of Denmark
Old 09-20-2007, 04:14 AM
Nobility

Which of these Crownprincesses have personal secretary/assistants or Ladies in waiting? That must be a little factor too in how they interact with people and carry out their duties. Does all of them have ladies in waiting? Or some might be alone and has innate professionalism to carry out the duties professionally as well.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouwrein View Post
Which of these Crownprincesses have personal secretary/assistants or Ladies in waiting? That must be a little factor too in how they interact with people and carry out their duties. Does all of them have ladies in waiting? Or some might be alone and has innate professionalism to carry out the duties professionally as well.
All crown princesses has ladies / lady - in waiting and private secretaries / secretary.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

No, the Dutch crownprincess doesn´t have a lady in waiting of her own, she sometimes ´borrows´ one of her mother-in-law. Likewise I have never heard about a lady-in-waiting for the Belgian CPss and in Spain even the Queen doesn´t have a lady-in-waiting, so Letizia surely doesn´t have one either. Don´t know about Mette-Marit, Victoria and the Duchess of Cornwall though. Mary does have her own ladies.
I guess they all have private secretaries, or depending how the court is organized, they share one (or more) with their spouse.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I voted for Maxima but Mathilde came in a very close second. My classifcation comes from how they react to the people. When I watch video's of them they always seem to make everyone feel special and that they are interested in hearing what they have to say. They work hard for their family and country while successfully juggling busy households aswell

Closed Thread