What will happen to the royals in 2017?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweden
Pregnancy announcement for Madeleine and Chris in the summer, another boy.
Pregnancy announcement for Carl Philip and Sofia in the winter, a girl.

UK
A boy for Zara and Mike.
Engagement for Eugenie and Jack in the spring.
Engagement for Harry and Meghan in the fall.

Others
Engagement for Alexandra of Luxembourg
Pregnancy announcement for Amedeo and Elisabetta, another girl.

I also think we'll get a shocking high-profile divorce. I have a few guesses but I think it's best not to say who.

With whom?I've never heard anything about her BF
That would be interesting

With whom?I've never heard anything about her BF
That would be interesting

Neither have I, it's just a feeling I have. The Grand Ducal Family's personal relationships are usually quite private, so I have a feeling we won't know anything about any potential boyfriend of Alexandra's until the engagement announcement.

:previous: Yes I agree. The privacy of the GD Family in Luxembourg is very much respected by the press in their small country. GD Maria Teresa recently gave an interview where she talked about how fortunate they feel about that.

HGD Guillaume was able to conduct his relationship with Stephanie de Lannoy completely under the radar for two years before European press began publishing rumors of an imminent engagement in late 2011.

It might be the same way for Alexandra...in fact I hope it will be!;)

There will be at least one funeral - the King of Thailand's funeral will be next year sometime.

Of course, you are right! But you get what I mean. I don't want to think about it. So I wish good health for everyone next year.

A pregnancy announcement for Zara and Mike in the latter half of the year.

A pregnancy announcement for the duke and duchess of Cambridge (spring 2018 birth)

An engagement or a wedding in the house of Windsor - could be either Eugenie, Harry or Gabriella

Also a possible death in the house of Windsor (I suspect the Queen or Prince Philip, though I hope not)

A pregnancy announcement for Princess Madeleine and Christopher.

A pregnancy announcement in the Luxembourg royal family.

A major scandal in one of the European monarchies - strongly suspect Prince Laurent of Belgium

Another pregnancy announcement in the Belgian/Austria este family

Some major news from the Greek royal family!! Maybe an engagement

More participation in royal life from the Japanese crown princess

Also a decline in the Japanese emperors health

I also believe there will be a divorce or separation in one of the royal families

a pregnancy announcement for guillaume and stephanie
a pregnancy announcement for CP and sofia
a pregnancy announcement for moulay rachid and lalla oum
a pregnancy announcement for leka and elia
inaki goes to prison, cristina manages to get away without prison time but retains residence in switzerland
a state visit from WA and maxima to another country (hopefully with royalty)
a state visit from felipe and letizia to another country (hopefully with royalty) - maybe a rescheduling of the visit to the UK planned last year?

So far only guesses that have come true, a pregnancy announcement for Sofía and CP--I predict a girl.
Someone said a divorce, and unfortunately that came true for Tessy and Louis :(
It's June already so nearly half the year's over but here are my predictions/hopes:
Zara's baby is gone but I think/hope she can still conceive.. maybe late 2018 birth.
I hope for even more than I predict a child for Guillaume and Stephanie
Definitely predict another child or two (she's said she wants 4) for Madeleine and Chris
Hope for another from Will and Catherine! Although the age difference will be much greater than the one by g and c.
Don't see an engagement happening bt Harry and Meghan yet as they've only known each other for about a year
Engagement for Eugenie??

Definitely predict another child or two (she's said she wants 4) for Madeleine and Chris
Hope for another from Will and Catherine! Although the age difference will be much greater than the one by g and c.

And this in fact happened!

And Prince Filip of Serbia went to the altar but not with Lucy Attwood.;)

New Year of 2018

Luxembourg- Royal watchers will continue to predict that a pregnancy announcement for the HGD couple is imminent.:cool:

Belgium-Interest in Philippe and Mathilde's two eldest children(Elisabeth and Gabriel) will intensify, particularly in Lisa. Continental tabloids will become more aggressive in their coverage, but Philippe and Mathilde will-wisely- continue to limit/monitor their pretty young daughter's exposure.

Denmark-Frederik and Mary as well as Joachim and Marie will step up their public appearances as Queen Margrethe withdraws to devote herself to managing the care of an increasingly frail Prince Henrik.

Britain-Engagement announcement for Princess Eugenie...ditto for Harry.

Monaco-No more children for Albert and Charlene. Another pregnancy for Pierre and Beatrice. Marriage and another pregnancy for Charlotte Casiraghi(not necessarily in that order! :lol:)

Last edited:
I totally agree with Moonmaiden! Additional predictions for any year (not just 2017 and 2018)

Spain: Domestic politics is a mess. The kids grow up to be both good looking and smart. The other royals (except F&L) keep a low profile.

Sweden: Kids keep popping out, at an average of one a year. Baby sashes and Nobel tiaras.

Norway: Ari Behn opens a strange art exhibition. Haakon has a great beard. Astrids aigrette is still the coolest thing around.

Imminent pregnancy announcement for the Luxes? It's been several long years that has been 'imminent'!

LaRae

:previous: Indeed it has...but that hasn't stopped the predictions! For myself I have given up predicting, and can only hope from now on.:ermm:

Last edited:
Yeah that's where I am...hoping they will announce sooner rather than later.

LaRae

UK:
Princess Eugenie will announce her engagement. Wedding in Summer 2019.

In December 2017 Prince Harry and Meghan will announce their engagement. Wedding in June 2018.

Third child of Kate and William will born in 1st half of April. A daughter named Alice Victoria Mary.

More engagements for Duchess of Cambridge after returning from maternity leave.

Luxembourg:

HGD Couple won't announce pregnancy in 2018.

Prince Felix and Princess Claire will announce third pregnancy in December. A second son, Dominic will born in June 2019.

Engagement for Prince Sebastien.

Belgium:

New scandal with Prince Laurent.

Denmark:

No abdication. More news about Prince Henrik's health.

Russia:

Grand Duke George will announce his engagement.

Romania:

New decret about succession. Nicholas will get back his title. Alina after wedding will become Princess.

Serbia:

Pregnancy for Prince Philip and Princess Danica, a girl named Milena will born in Summer.

Spain:

King Felipe will be more popular than now.

Albania:

Pregnancy for Leka and Elia. A boy named Zogu will born in Autumn.

Japan:

In September Princess Mako will marry Kei Komuro and leave Imperial Family.

Princess Tsoguko will announce her engagement in Spring to a commoner. Wedding in 2019.

Brazil:

Prince Rafael will announce his engagement to one of his cousins.

UK
The Queen will hand over the royal prerogatives to The Prince of Wales, who will become Regent

Norway
No news

Sweden
No news

Denmark
The Queen will hand over the royal prerogatives to The Crown Prince, who will become Regent

The Netherlands
No news

Belgium
Prince Laurent will cause a new scandal, loose his position in the Royal House and his apanage

Luxembourg
The Hereditary Grand-Duchess will be in blessed circumstances

Spain
The King will continue to walk on a tight rope

Monaco
The marriage of the Prince will sail into stormy waters.

Liechtenstein
No news

Prussia / Russia
Prince Georg of Prussia a.k.a. Grand-Prince Georgy of Russia will announce his engagement to Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark, youngest daughter of former King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes. Theodora is not only royalborn but Orthodox as well, requirements for Georgy to fit in the House Laws.

Hohenzollern / Romania
Alexander Erbprinz von Hohenzollern (Nr 2 in the line of succession according the last royal Constitution of Romania) will marry Elisabeta Karina Medforth-Mills (Nr 3 in the michaelist line of succession) and so bring a new future for the House of Hohenzollern on their dormant Romanian throne

Last edited:
UK
The Queen will hand over the royal prerogatives to The Prince of Wales, who will become Regent
1. The Robert Jobson rumor was that it will happen when HM turns 95.

2. But as all the commentators/experts and former/present courtiers have said, it is never going to happen.

3. Even Robert Jobson has changed his mind (again), and he now says that it isn't likely to happen.

Denmark
The Queen will hand over the royal prerogatives to The Crown Prince, who will become Regent
Not going to happen on a permanent basis, only if QMII is unable to do her duties, the same goes for King Harald of Norway.

Last edited:
Prussia / Russia
Prince Georg of Prussia a.k.a. Grand-Prince Georgy of Russia will announce his engagement to Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark, youngest daughter of former King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes. Theodora is not only royalborn but Orthodox as well, requirements for Georgy to fit in the House Laws.

Hohenzollern / Romania
Alexander Erbprinz von Hohenzollern (Nr 2 in the line of succession according the last royal Constitution of Romania) will marry Elisabeta Karina Medforth-Mills (Nr 3 in the michaelist line of succession) and so bring a new future for the House of Hohenzollern on their dormant Romanian throne

Do they even know each other?
Theodora has another boyfriend and Georgij is in relationship with Rebecca Bettarini.

Hello,
Bit of a wild one - terribly outrageous as well . If anything comes true on this one, I really need to start playing the lottery :)

UK
Complete upheaval of the royal family this year. Problem start early with the announcement of the split of Prince Harry and Meghan Merkel. Kate give birth to a little girl and then surprises everyone with a announcement at the end of the year with another. Leaving the tabloid to suggest that she wants to be on maternity leave for the rest of your thirties. Matters get worse when the surrogate mothers of all the Cambridge children sell their story to the newspapers and Netflix.
Prince William spends most of the year with the children after complaining that he is been overworked. Similar complaint from the Duchess of Cornwall who officially retires in July from public service. Prince Harry decides after the breakup that he will rather spend his time in Africa only returning to the UK for the rugby games. He appears with new wife, in tow for his grandfather's funeral. Gets the title of Earl of Windsor - will inherit Duke of York after Prince Andrew's death.

Prince Andrew invites a girlfriend spend Summer with the family. Princess Beatrice falls pregnant and decides to became a single mom. She starts taking on many of the charities that are left vacant by the retirement of Princess Alexander, the Duke of Kent and Prince Michael. Princess Eugenie gets married in November in the wedding of the season. Princess Beatrice shocked everyone as the unmarried, pregnant bridesmaid.
The Queen passes away silently in her sleep - before August. Canada, Australia and New Zealand all break away from the commonwealth before Charles coronation, which has to be postponed due to the death of Prince Philip in December. Charles spends most of first year of as monarchy redecorating Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle.
Edward and Sophie continue very much as usual - Sophie gets a few new hats and coats. Edward sits to his twenty year old wardrobe. No one really notices when they adopt two children from the local Surrey orphanage or when the attend the same sex marriage of Ivar Mountbatten.

As I said just a load of nonsense - don't like really mentioning the deaths of anyone - but if you of over 80 it is pretty much on the cards for all of us - unfortunately. Have a good year everyone.

Especially considering there is no Prince Alexander :D The duke of kent is named Edward. Though Beatrice and Eugenie taking over patronages from him is the most plausible thing in your list :lol:

As for Megan Merkel....I have heard twitters rumors she is Angela Merkel's illegitamite daughter and the marriage is to cement brexit relations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom