What Will Happen to the Royals in 2005?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Angela Brown will become pregnant, she's too old.

I better get in before the end of the year!

Pregnancies for Maxima, Letiza, Mette-Marit, Noor, and Mary
Prince Ranier, Princess Lilian, CD Jean, and Josphine-Charlotte will pass away
Harry, Andrea and Charlotte will get steady significant others.
Carl Philip and Emma will become engaged, as will Zara Phillips
Seperation/Divorce for Elena/Jaime

I think that Maxima will get pregnant, Mathilde will too and I think also Mary and Letizia will be expecting a baby!
I hope Albert of Monaco will finally get married!

new pregancy for maxima and mette marit (and maybe mathilde as well, although less probable). maxima will have a boy and mette marit another girl.
mary and letizia will be pregnant this year
victoria will announce her engagement (with daniel maybe?)
martha louise will have a boy
infanta cristina will have another boy (although i really want him/her to be a girl!)
rania of jordan will have a baby girl
there will be a biiig concentration of royals somewhere (i hope so!)

carlota said:
victoria will announce her engagement (with daniel maybe?)
Well I would certainly hope that if Victoria announces her engagement in 2005 it would be to Daniel -- he's been her boyfriend for the past several years. If she announced an engagement to someone else that would look slimy and sneeky of her wouldn't it? To have either deceived the Swedish public (her future royal subjects) by having Daniel pretend he was her boyfriend while she snuck around and dated someone else OR to break up with Daniel and to start dating someone else and get engaged to them within the span of a year or less.

Either scenario wouldn't be very good.

I think that Clothilde and Emmanuel-Filiberto won't stay together- I've always had a feeling that there would be infidelity in this relationship and that it would be short lived. My impression of this couple is that they were as much "in love" with publicity as with each other. I could very well be wrong!!

As far as Beatrix goes... I threw that out there hoping it would start discussion and it has! Since both her mother and grandmother abdicated in favour of their own children, I wonder if Beatrix will do the same. I think she would still play a very important role in state and social matters, but slowly reduce her role to a comfortable pace. After all- her children were not that old when she became Queen and it's been an incredible stressful year for her.

There is my opinion.... for whatever it is worth.

azile1710 said:
As far as Beatrix goes... I threw that out there hoping it would start discussion and it has! Since both her mother and grandmother abdicated in favour of their own children, I wonder if Beatrix will do the same. I think she would still play a very important role in state and social matters, but slowly reduce her role to a comfortable pace. After all- her children were not that old when she became Queen and it's been an incredible stressful year for her.

There is my opinion.... for whatever it is worth.
I don't think Beatrix will be abdicating in 2005.
What else would she do if she abdicated? Sadly she has no husband to spend time with, no parents to care for, and all her sisters are married or have their own children and grandchildren to spend time with.
The best thing for Beatrix to occupy her time with for some more years is to carry on with her queen duties.
She's not in ill health to have to cut back on her work.
Amalia is barely 1 year old. Hard for Willem to spend time with her if he is reigning.
Hopefully he and Maxima will have more children so they will want to spend time with them and not miss their children's childhoods completely because they are king and queen.

My predictions...

Engagements & marriages:
# Prince Nikolaos will announce his engagement to a girl who’s been a secret for the media
# Zarah Philips will become engaged

Births & pregnancy announcements:
# Princess Claire will announce the pregnancy for her second child
# Princess Máxima will announce the pregnancy for her second child
# Queen Rania will give birth to a boy
# Princess Märtha Louise will give birth to a boy
# Princess Máxima will give birth to a boy, before July

Deaths, accessions etc:
# Prince Rainier will pass away
# Grand Duke Jean will pass away
# Prince Albert will be enthroned as the new sovereign Prince of Monaco

General royal issues, scandals, gossip, etc:
# Prince Harry will cause a few more scandals during the course of the year
# Prince Ernst August will produce a number of scandals, causing more troubles for himself (a few more court battles and some hefty fines)
# Princess Caroline will be reflecting on whether to stay or go from Prince Ernst August
# Prince Joachim will have a new girlfriend

The biggest step of the year in all categories & all continents:
# The Parliament of Japan will finally pass the constitutional amendment, allowing females to accede to the Chrysanthemum throne (making Princess Aiko the heir)

* And I hope, but don’t think, that the Royal Court will announce the engagement of Prince Carl Philip and Emma Pernald

Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
# Princess Claire will announce the pregnancy of her first child
Princess Claire of Belgium you mean?
She already has a FIRST child. Her name is LOUISE.

Vicomtesse said:
Princess Claire of Belgium you mean?
She already has a FIRST child. Her name is LOUISE.
Sorry, I meant second - I've corrected myself now. I hope she will, it would be nice with an announcement after Louise's 1st birthday.

My guests:
The healths of Ranier (Monaco) and Josephine-Charlotte (Luxembourg) won't impove.

Pieter Christiaan (Netherlands); Floris (Netherlands); Prince Andrew (Britain); Sarah Philips (Britain); a Swedish Royal (Victoria or Carl Philip); Princess Nathalie (Denmark) will get engaged/marry.

Two royals will start dating, get engaged in 2007 and marry in 2008.

William and Harry will get new girlfriends and attend Sandhurst together. The queen has a minor health scare. Charles and Camilla will make a decision about the future.

Japan changes succession law for Aiko to rule one day. Princess Nori keeps her title and has a grand wedding.

Pieter Christiaan Floris will get engaged
there will be stroes that joachim and victoria is dateing this is not true so victoria will sue magazines like she did before.

and see if we can make way foir some unexpected events

harry gets married in las vegas
william will not start military he will take a year off after schoiol playing polo with his brother
chrales say he will get married to camilla trhis will not be liked he then renonce as prince of wales and william will be the new prince after this charkes will get married to camilla but in 2006
edward and sophie will adopt a child
it will be triplets for a royal couple

I predict (for the British Royal Family):
- a minor health scare for the Duke of Edinburgh.
- Prince William will graduate with a 2:1, and then decide to go travelling to an African country.
- a further delay for Prince Harry entering Sandhurst.
- a new girlfriend for Prince Andrew.
- pregnancy announcements for the Countess of Wessex, and the newly-married Lady Davina Windsor.
- engagement announcements for Zara Phillips, and Lady Gabriella Windsor.
- the death of Sir Angus Ogilvy.
- a baby boy for pregnant Lady Helen Taylor.

So sad that the prediction about the death of Sir Angus Ogilvy had to come true.

Yes,some of us has thought that Sir Angus Ogilvy will be died in 2005 but now he has dead.It's really so sad.I'm sorry for his family.I wish rest him in peace.

Danielane said:
I don't think Angela Brown will become pregnant, she's too old.
She's not too old...Ok, technically, I personally would be finished with having children by the time I was her age. However, there are plenty of women, where I am from, her age or near it who are just beginning to have babies. I think another a baby would be great for this couple.

Boy, this is going to be interesting to see just how many of these predictions actually come true.

this thread will son be closed we need some more predictions.....
keep them comming

Jordan

1. Queen Rania will give birth to her 4th child and it will be a boy.
  2. P. Hamzah and P. Noor will announce that they are expecting their first child.
  3. P. Ali and P Rym will announce that they are expecting their first child.
  4. P. Hashim of Jordan will marry
  5. P. Rashid bin Hassan of Jordan will announce his engagement to marry.
  6. Q. Noor will remarry.
  7. Scandal in the Jordanian Royal family leading to a divorce of a royal couple.
Spain

1. Infanta Cristina will finally have a daughter.
  2. CP Felipe and P. Letizia will announce they are expecting their first child.
  3. Elena and Jaime will announce their separation.
Denmark

1. CP Frederik and P. Mary will announce they are expecting their first child.
  2. P Joachim and Alexandria will reconcile.
Great Britain

1. P. Charles and Camilla will finally marry.
  2. P. Harry will get into serious trouble again - but Clarance House will find a way to get him out of it so that he can pursue his career in the military.
  3. P. William will graduate from St. Andrews and announce his engagement to marry in 2006.
  4. Zara Phillips will marry.
  5. Peter Phillips will announce his engagement.
  6. First child for Lady Tamara Grosvenor and husband Edward van Cutsem.
  7. P. Edward and Sophie will announce a second pregnancy.
  8. Scandal surrounding P. Anne.
  9. P. Charles will be cleared on any wrongdoing in the Diana investigation.
Morocco

1. K. M6 and Lalla Salma will have their second child.
  2. P. Moulay Rashid of Morocco will announce his engagement to marry.
  3. P. Lalla Hasna will be embroiled in scandal.
Sweden

1. CP Victoria will finally announce her engagement to Daniel Westling
  2. P Carl-Phillip will announce his engagement
  3. Scandal involving P. Madeleine
Norway

1. CP Haakon and P. Mette-Marit will announce her second pregnancy.
  2. P. Martha Louise and Ari Behn will have a boy.
  3. K. Harald will suffer a relapse and CP Haakon will carry out more royal duties.
Saudi Arabia

1. K. Fahd of Saudi Arabia will die, and CP Abdullah will finally become king.
  2. Discovery of greater terror links between Saudi royals and Al-Qaeda.
  3. P. Al-Walid bin Talal will be positioned to one day succeed the Saudi throne.
Monaco

1. Another scandal involving P. Stephanie
  2. P. Caroline and P. Ernst will divorce.
  3. P. Ranier of Monaco will die :(
Japan

1. Japanese succession will be amended so that P. Aiko can succeed the throne after her dad P. Naruhito.
  2. Emperor Akihito will suffer a relapse and more constitutional powers will pass to CP Naruhito. He may pass on late in the year.
  3. CP Masako will resume royal duties.
Iraq

1. Iraqi royal P. Ali bin Hussein will win a seat in the new Iraqi parliament after elections in January 2005.
  2. P. Raad of Jordan will challenge P. Ali bin Hussein's headship of the Iraqi Royal Family.
This is all I can come up with for now.

Last edited:
OK, here are my predictions:

The Netherlands:
A girl for Mabel
A pregnancy for Maxima
A boy for Marilene
Engagements for Pieter-Christian and Floris

Spain
A girl for Cristina
A pregnancy for Letizia
A pregnancy for Elena

Belgium
A pregnancy for Claire and Mathilde
A serious girlfriend for Amadeo

Monaco
Rainier will pass away
Albert will marry

Denmark
A pregnancy for Mary
A divorce for Alexandra and Joachim

Sweden
Engagement for Victoria and Daniel and maybe Carl Philip

That's all I can think of right now!

the baby of maxima and william alexander will be two boys, twins

Jordan
  1. King Abdullah will privately take a second wife. She will come from the UAE.
  2. P. Hamzah and his younger siblings will leave Jordan for good to live in the US with their mom Q Noor.
  3. P. Haya and S. Mo will announce her pregnancy.
  4. Financial scandal will engulf the Hashemites
Netherlands:
  1. Royal Births: P. Maxima - boy; P. Mabel - girl
Brunei
  1. CP Al-Muhtadee Billah and P. Sarah will announce a pregnancy
  2. A daughter of the Sultan will marry.
  3. P. Jefri will win his case against the Govt of Brunei in a New York court.

Sweden:
Prince Carl Philip will become engaged.
Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel will break up.
Princess Lillian will suffer a health scare.

Norway:
Crown Princess Mette-Marit will become pregnant.

Denmark:
Crown Princess Mary will become pregnant (a girl).
Princess Benedikte will become a grandmother (again).

the Netherlands:
Crown Princess Maxima will have her second child (just announced).
Queen Beatrix will have a small party for her Silver Jubilee.
Prince Pieter-Christiaan or Prince Floris will become engaged.

Great Britian:
The Prince of Wales 'might' marry Camilla (or at least talk about it).
Prince Harry will do something stupid (so will Princess Michael of Kent).
The Duke of Edinburgh will suffer a health scare.

Belgium:
King Albert and Queen Paola will become grandparents (again).
Queen Fabiola will suffer a health scare.

Luxembourg:
former Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte will pass away.
former Grand Duke Jean will suffer a health scare.

Liechtenstein:
Prince Regent Alois will become a father (again).

Monaco:
Prince Rainier will suffer a large health scare (possibly death), and Prince Albert will become Regent.
Princess Stephanie will get married, and then get divorced.

Spain:
Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia will have a baby.
Infanta Elena and Jaime will seperate.

former Royals of Greece:
Constantine and Anne-Marie will become grandparents (again).

former Royals of Romania:
Michael (former King) will suffer a health scare.

kinneret5764 said:
Jordan

1. P. Hamzah and his younger siblings will leave Jordan for good to live in the US with their mom Q Noor.
This is impossible.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
This is impossible.
I have neither seen nor heard P. Hamzah mentioned in any newspaper or media out of Jordan since his last appearnace at the opening of Parliament. We usually see him during the holiday period but not this year for some strange reason. Is he in Jordan for the holidays? I haven't seen P. Hashim or P. Iman or P. Raiyah in Jordan either. I could be wrong but I'm sure they're not too thrilled with KA's decision.

Britain

-Philipp´s health will be worse
-Lady Louise will stay in private there won´t be photos of her
- Sophie gets pregnant again but I´m not sure if she will finally get a baby
- Elizabeth has to be operated
-new girlfriend for William
-(hopefully)new girlfriend for Harry
-Harry will be good at Sandhurst
-Peter Philipps gets engaged or he appears with a serious girlfriend
-Zara will break up with her boyfriend
-Beatrice will have a boyfriend
-seperation of Anne and husband
-pregnancy for Lady Davina
-baby girl for Lady Helen

Belgium
- pregnancies for Claire and Mathilde
-Amedeo will have a girlfriend:(
-Fabiola will die

The Netherlands
- baby girl for Marilene
-baby girl for Mabel
- baby boy for Maxima before mid july
-pregnancy for Laurentien
-Pieter-Christiaan gets engaged
-Floris gets engaged
- very nice jubilee for Beatrix

Spain

-baby boy for Cristina
-Letizia has problems to become pregnant so perhaps an announcement in 2005 but a birth in 2006
- Elena and Jaime stay together because of the strong religious influence on the Spanish house
-Juan Carlos gets ill

Denmark
-Mary will get pregnant,birth in 2006
-Alexandra and Joachim will get divorced but they will stay friends
-pregnancy for Princess Alexandra of Berleburg
-engagement of Princess Nathalie

Norway
-baby boy for Märtha
-pregnancy for Mette-Marit
-Harald will give Haakon more and more duties

Sweden

-Carl philipp gets engaged
-Princess Lilian dies

Monaco
-Rainier will die
-Caroline and Andrea will get the heirs
-Stephanie will marry again

Iraq
  1. Iraqi royal P. Ali bin Hussein will win a seat in the new Iraqi parliament after elections in January 2005.
  2. P. Raad of Jordan will challenge P. Ali bin Hussein's headship of the Iraqi Royal Family.

I highly doubt any of the Hashemite princes will be having anything to do with Iraq, especially P Ali. Just don't see this happening at all.

Well, let´s see.

Britain

Charles and Camilla will continue to go on as companions. No breakup. No marriage rumors.

Harry will get into more trouble with booze and birds.

Ditto for William but he will turn a corner, hopefully.

Princess Royal will attend an event involving horses.

Philip will say something that will cause us to wonder why he speaks in public at all.

Princess Michael of Kent, after her extensive book tours, will, in a PR blitz, reinvent herself as the People´s Princess for the 21st century!(okay. less of a prediction. More of a I-would-love-to-see-that wish.)

Norway

Märtha Louise will have a baby.

Mette-Marit will continue to dress simply but elegantly and have less than perfect posture in public but we won´t mind. She´s so cool.

Marius will appear in photos to be a little puckish creature.

Harald will go sailing.

Denmark:

Joachim will get a girlfriend: Alexandra will continue to be beloved by the Danish public. Their children will get taller.

Frederik and Mary will announce a pregnancy. I say in the spring or early summer. Mary will be pregnant. Not Frederik despite his sympathy pains.

Henrik will drink some wine and Margrethe will smoke some cigarettes.

Belgium:

Another royal pregnancy will be announced towards the middle of the year. I say Mathilde will be the one who will be pregnant. No, Laurent. No, it will be Mathilde.

Netherlands:

Some royal babies will be born.

Monaco:

Stephanie will get a boyfriend but will not get married. This will shock us all.

Caroline will continue to do her best for the principality.

Albert will attend a celebrity-filled event with a gorgeous actress/model.

Charlotte will continue to ride horses but her future as the "Brain of Monaco" will start to take shape. Maybe she will turn Monaco into a big scientific research center. Well, besides for things aquatic.

Japan:

Japanese parliament will pass a law that will allow for females to become regents in the future. Masako and Aiko will dance a dance of joy far away from the eyes of the IHA.

Sweden:

Ann-Christine Jernberg will resign when asked a question by an Expressobladet reporter and she has no response. She will resign in embarassment.

Carl Gustaf will smile at least 5 different public appearances. A bold prediction, I know. But he will.

Queen Silvia will be criticized for at once being too beautiful and elegant and for allegedly going under the knife as well. Possibly in the same article.

Princess Madeleine will have an article published about her that will note her favorite hangouts and what shops she goes to. Also there will be an article heralding her fashion sense.

The fashion sense of Crown Princess Victoria will continue to take a beating in Expressobladet.

A Bernadotte will have either a parking violation or a driving violation.

Carl Philip will continue to drive women in Sweden and on TRF wild.

Carl Philip and Emma will announce an engagement.

Spain:

Cristina will have a baby.

Felipe and Letizia will announce a pregnancy. To support her, he will become shorter and a lot more chubbier and start to get morning sickness.

Juan Carlos will go sailing with King Constantine. And the Spanish and Greek Royal Families will go sailing together as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom