US Presidents breaking protocal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that it was not the rights of others to say what they said. I said it isn't right.

Reina said:
I never said that it was not the rights of others to say what they said. I said it isn't right.

Wasn't (was not) right and isn't (is not) right are the same thing. One is just a past tense (what I used) and the other is the present tense (what you used). :cool:

So either way, you said that it isn't right for others to say that Bush is not smart, even if that is how they really feel.

Reading Mandy's post, there's a bit of a hypocritical double standard on your part isn't there: You're aloud to call Mette-Marit's father "foolish" and the Crown Princess of Denmark "boring" but someone can't say that Bush is "not smart" if that's what they think. Just because Bush is a world leader and Mary and Sven are not doesn't make a difference; they are all still people and the people who made those comments to them it is still their opinon.

I don't care what kind of tense I used. I never said that it was nto a person's right to say that. I said it wasn't right. I am sure someone has thought that it was not right for me to say Sven was foolish or that MAry was boring, but they never said that it was not my right. So I don't see why you or Mandy are so angry or what your argument is.

Well I think that you do bear alot of hostility towards me. The fact that you can recall my comments like that shows that you have harboured some ill-feelings towards what I say. And I guess this is the perfect opportunity for you to show me how you feel. And yes I did feel that they were calling him stupid and I did not like it. And so I said that it was not right. And then Mandy comes and insinuates that I said that people don't have the right to say that he is not smart. I said that "I don't think it is right for one to say that he does not seem that smart". Now if you don't think it is right or me to say that Sven is a fool or MAry is boring then (as you have already done) I would have no problems with you saying that. But if you said that I did not have the right to say that then, unless it were according to the rules, I would contest that. But I did not say the latter. (Also you have forgotten taht I called Nicole a foolish woman.) Anyway, Mandy and others, if you want we can continue this discussion by pm. I think that some moderators/administrators are too bitter to realize that our discussion is off topic.

Mandy said:
Geee Reina, what kind of sound does the word "bitter" make? What part of my message did you hear? I thought that it was a written comment! :confused: I don't recall sending you a voice sample of my comment.:rolleyes:

They are still human beings and no one needs to be called a fool. There are plenty of adjectives in the English vocabulary without having to resort to name calling whether or not one respect these individuals.

We have just as much right to scrutinize his behaviour as that of the royals without delving into politics.

No one called President Bush "stupid", that is your assumption, just as you assumed that I was bitter. You say it youself: (and I interpreted that as saying that he is stupid). Therefore your accusations are unwarranted.

The title of this thread is US Presidents breaking protocal [sic]. NOT Bush breaking protocol. Certainly there are others to also use as example among the 43? I refuse to believe that they all were infallible in terms of protocol... or maybe it just seems like that in retrospective?

Or is it that it is always the most recent of events that come to mind?

Anyway, let's get back on topic. ;)

Reina said:
Anyway, Mandy and others, if you want we can continue this discussion by pm. I think that some moderators/administrators are too bitter to realize that our discussion is off topic.

I think a moderator/administrator is entitled to her opinion, too. So if Mandy feels the way she does, then so be it. I don't see what's so hostile about her comments anyway? It seems to me that you're the angry and hostile one because many people disagree with your comments.

BTW, Mandy is an Administrator. It says so below her name.

Yeah that is why I included administrator. ANyway I look forward to posts about U.S. Presidents breaking protocol. Gee I thought that was the subject of this thread.

Reina said:
And then Mandy comes and insinuates that I said that people don't have the right to say that he is not smart.

Reina, don't ever put words in my mouth again. Since you are not in my head, you are not privy to my thoughts and my emotions.

To refresh your memory, this is what I said :
No one called President Bush "stupid", that is your assumption, just as you assumed that I was bitter. You say it youself: (and I interpreted that as saying that he is stupid). Therefore your accusations are unwarranted.
The darker quote are your words Reina, not mine. You put your own slant on the other members' comments.

In future, when repeating someone's comments, kindly use the quote function instead of using the verb insinuate (insinuate, insinuated, insinuating) which has a totally different connotation than the verbs to say (say, said, saying) and to state (state, stated, stating). Ask for clarification when you are unsure of other members' comments. It is wise to remember that sometimes, comments have no greater meaning or value than just what you see!

Well, yes!

Dennism said:
They also noted that he was a perfect gentleman to QEII. That may have something to do with the audience back home since many Americans seem to think that QEII is the monarch of all monarchs.

Not just Americans, Dennis. ;)

ps.. I have just been reading through this thread. It brought back dark memories of the time I dipped my toe into the Middle Eastern Forums, before beating a hasty retreat. :eek:

:) W

emsaeva said:
LOL@ the "simple texan" comment. The only reason the Bushes claimed residence in the state in the 80's was because of the electoral votes. For a very long time, the only address pappy had was a P.O. box. Then George Jr. had a few failed businesses and decided to steal the governors office. He was born in Conneticuit and raised in Maine. If he is a "Simple Texan" than I am a Russian Empress. He is a rude, uncouth, drydrunk with no sense of right and wrong and who doesn't care about protocol, history or manners. If it wasn't for Pappy, Diebold and the Al-Sauds, he would be night manager at an Arby's. My sources in Texas society say that he is a huge @$$ and addict, along with that blank-faced wife of his.

All of us in America owe the rest of the world a big apology. It is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Bush is a Texan. He was raised in Midland, Texas. He's father lives in Houston and has most of his life ( which would meet the one year of residents required). Here in Texas the Bushes are greatly loved and respected. The rest of that is just ingornant babble so this is all I'm going to say about it.:rolleyes: So you might want to check these "sources" of yours because I live in Texas and the only people I know that are that lacking in factual information are in Austin which is the only left-wing place we have here. Everyone else loves Bush (he won both governor runs in what some call landside runs).
And I don't owe anything to any part of this world and they don't owe me anything either other that respect and tolerance which I give and get.

Last edited:
Reina said:
No dear. You owe me and the rest ppl the U.S. (esp. the ones who righetously voted Bush in) an apology. How dare you assert that we apologize to the world? We are citizens of a sovereign nation and we know what is best for our country. The world does not know what is best esp for the fact that they cannot take care of their own countries in the light of terrorist activities. You are a compromiser. You and those traitors like you can move to Canada already or better yet be like dumb Johnny Depp and move to France and get a fake French accent. All in all you are not a good representation of the U.S. and its values.

what's wrong with Canada?

All I can say is, some of you people on here are very rude.

gogm said:
I can say to Marengo that all of us here in the USA aren't as obtuse as our leader. :(

My apologies!

From personal experience I can say that all americans I have met up to now are very pleasant people, something which this board shows as well, so no need to apologize at all :)

A reminder of TRF's Posting Rules & Guidelines: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920.

I would emphasize the following points:

The responsibilities of a Royal Forums (RF) Member
  1. Be respectful. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with others as long as it is done respectfully and civilly, but do not attack other members in your posts or comments.
  2. Name calling of a royal or other public figures is strictly prohibited. While there is no requirement that you should like all royal persons or public persons discussed at TRF, there is no need to attack them or call them names. There are ways to express your dislike or criticism of another individual than to resort to calling them names. It is childish behaviour that is not tolerated here.
The following are not permitted in any shape or form at RF, and are grounds for suspension or a permanent ban.

Absolutely no discussions of politics is allowed. As we all come from different parts of the world with varying liberal and conservative views, an attack or offensive comment against another nation, a head of state or international and national policies of other nations only leads to disputes -- all of which have nothing to do with royalty. Reference to and discussions of a government or a government leader and the decisions/actions/policies carried out by them are strictly prohibited. You may or may not like the individual leader or agree or disagree with his or her decisions and policies, but their decisions and actions have no baring at this forum. Posts and discussions about politics may and will be removed without notice.

And a final reminder:
We are operating on a "zero tolerance" policy. Violations of our rules or actions and comments which are deemed inappropriate for this forum will result in members being immediately suspended or being banned from this forum. Zero tolerance will also be applied to threads which contain offensive posts or language or other such action deemed in violation of community policies. Threads may and will be immediately closed without warning. The Royal Forums reserves the right to suspend any member for breaking any of the community policies.

If there are more examples of other American presidents breaking protocol with any royal past or present, then please post them. However, we are not here to discuss President George W. Bush's intelligence, his actions and decisions as president whether they be on domestic or international issues, whether our American members should defect to another country, whether they should apologize to the rest of the world, how patriotic they are or are not, etc. I see no connection in regards to those kinds of comments to royalty.

I'm locking this thread for the moment; it looks as though feelings are running a bit too high just now. When everybody's taken a deep breath and calmed down again, perhaps the thread can be re-opened.

Elspeth

Royal Forums Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom