The Great Royal Quiz

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Numbers 1-10 are correct. Nice (and early) Easter presents for those who can complete the list.

Marengo said:
Numbers 1-10 are correct. Nice (and early) Easter presents for those who can complete the list.

A few more
11: King Léopold III. of the Belgians
12: Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
13: Duke Carlos Hugo of Parma
14: Queen Anna of Roumania
15: King Michael I. of Roumania
16: Prince Philip of Great Britain, Duke of Edinburgh

Marengo said:
Apologies to Lady_K for hijacking the thread, but I would like to try another sort of quiz here, albeit an easy one. Simular quizzes have been posted at the Royal Quizzes MB.
-
Who are we? In this case it is a closed cirlcle, and only one of the people involved has deceased.All reigning European houses are represented in this quiz.

1) I am a King who just celebrated his birthday
2) I am his 1st cousin and am also on a throne
3) I am a brother-in-law of number 2
4) I am the daughter of number 3
5) I am the brother-in-law of number 4
6) I am the daughter-in-law of number 5
7) I am the sister of number 6
8) I am the mother-in-law of number 7
9) I am the ex brother-in-law of number 8
10) I am a cousin of number 9 and I can not stand him
11)* I was the uncle of 10
12) I am the goddaughter of number 11
13) I am the ex brother-in-law of number 12
14) I am a 1st cousin of number 13, I never reigned over the country that I became a Queen of.
15) I am the husband of number 14
16) I am a first cousin of the mother of number 15 and I am outranked by my wife
17) I am a first cousin of number 14 and a second cousin of number 16 and have 3 children
18) I am a first cousin of number 17
19) I am the wife of number 18, his second one
20) I am a 1st cousin of number 18 and a 1st cousin-in-law of number 20
21) I am the sister-in-law of number 20 and I am a reigning monarch
22) I am a 1st cousin of number 21 and a 2nd cousin of number 1

* = the deceased one

Who are we?
Giving a shot at the last six.

17. Queen Sofia of Spain
18. Prince Ernest August of Hanover
19. Princess Caroline of Monaco/Hanover
20. ex-King Constantine II of Greece
21. Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
22. King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden

Correct! You have to share this price together. I am afraid it is unreturnable so enjoy ;)

Marengo said:
Correct! You have to share this price together. I am afraid it is unreturnable so enjoy ;)

But Queen Sofia is not a first cousin of Queen Anna, she is from her husband and the question was from Nr. 14.

Oops, I made a mistake! It should have been a first cousin of number 15 (King Mihai)! I got the numbers wrong, very sorry...

Marengo said:
Oops, I made a mistake! It should have been a first cousin of number 15 (King Mihai)! I got the numbers wrong, very sorry...

No problem. I had thought that already.

Marengo, I'm stealing it back!

I know I said I'd post this last night, but just as I was clicking post, we lost power! So I went to bed and decided to post it now.

Belgium

This quiz is about the King, Queens, the late King Baudouin, and the Dukes of Brabant. Other questions about other Belgian royals will follow (around the time the ones about the rest of the British royals do :flowers:) I numbered them, as Aurora requested, so hopefully that will be easier. There are some tricky ones here, especcially for those who aren't experts about the Belgian royal family. But others are easier, so don't be intimidated!! Please play- the more people who play, the more fun it is- at least for me! Just be sure to please post your answers in white so others can't see them unless they choose to. I'll post the answers tomarrow night! :flowers: LadyK

1) What was King Albert II’s title at birth?

2) All the Belgian royal babies were christened, and thus had godmothers and godfathers. Albert’s godfather was a prince of Luxembourg. Can you name that prince? (hint- the name is used by one of the princes of Luxembourg. I’m not saying if it is a first name or a middle name!)

3) When was King Albert crowned?

4) What is King Albert’s title?

5) King Baudouin and King Albert II’s mother died when Albert was just year old. How did she die, and where was she when she died?

6) What was the birthname and title of their stepmother?

7) During WWII, and the Nazi invasion of Belgium, Albert and his family were deported, first to one place, then to another. Where were these places? (be specific)

8) When King Baudouin passed away in July of 1993, where was he?

9) What caused King Baudouin’s death? (medically)

10) At the time of King Baudouin died, who was his heir?

11) Both the Belgian Queens are foreigners. Where are Queen Fabiola and Queen Paola from?

12) What unique special privilege do the Belgian queens share with the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, the Queen of Spain, and a few others?

13) In April of 2002, Queen Paola was made Honorary President of Child Focus. What does this charitable organization do?

14) Queen Fabiola has her own charity foundation. It is called the Queen Fabiola Foundatoin National for _______ _____. What is it?

15) What is Queen Fabiola’s full birth name?

16) What color is the Belgian sash?

17) From what University did Philippe receive his Masters degree in Political Science in 1985?

18) In May of 2004, Prince Philippe earned a rather special license, one not so many commoners have. What does his license allow him to do?

19) What was Mathilde’s full maiden name (first, middles, last?

20) Mathilde’s father, Count Patrick d’Udekem d’Acoz, is a member of the Belgian nobility, and as such, Mathilde also bore a title prior to her marriage. What was her title?

21) What did Mathilde study in college?

22) Mathilde is very smart. When she graduated from college in 1994, she graduated with what honor? She obtained a degree ___________.

23) Mathilde plays what instrument?

24) What of Mathilde’s heritage will make her a first among Belgian Queen-Consorts? (it’s a little suprising)

25) What is the engagement ring Philippe game Mathilde composed of? (metal, and gemstone)

26) What royal historic significance did the date of Mathilde and Philippe’s wedding have?

27) How much older is Crown Prince Philippe than Crown Princess Mathilde?

28) What is the name of Philippe and Mathilde’s dog?

29) Where do Philippe, Mathilde, and their children reside? (palace, or city, they’re the same)

30) In the chapel of which castle where Philippe and Mathilde’s children baptized?

31) Philippe and Mathilde held Princess Elisabeth’s 1st birthday party in a special house, near their palace, Castle Laeken. No royals reside there, but Princes and Princesses often like to visit. What house am I talking about, and why is it unique?

32) Where do Princess Elisabeth and Prince Gabriel go to school?

33) What historical importance will occur upon Princess Elisabeth’s becoming queen? She will be the ______.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Yes, some thing great for me to work on. I've been studying up on Belgians and I even thought of a good question myself but it's kind of easy so we'll see if you included something similar. Glad I have this now because it's been a few rough minutes for me so far at the forums. Now I'm smiling!!

Here are my answers

The Belgium Royal Family Part:flowers:

1) His Royal Highness the Prince of Liege

2) Prince Felix of Luxembourg

3) August 9, 1993

4) His Majesty King of the Belgians (p.s. great question b/c its styled different than most)

5) Leopold III and Astrid were driving near the shores of Lake Lucerne in Switzerland when he lost control of the car and crashed. The crash occured Aug. 29, 1935.

6) Mary Lilian Baels known as Princess de Rethy

7) deported to Hirschstein, Germany and then to Strobl, Austria

8) Villa Astrida in Motril, the south of Spain

9) not sure exactly what you are looking for, but he died of heart failure

10) Prince Philippe was his heir but at the time it was thought that he wasn't ready so Albert was the next choice.

11) Spain (Fabiola) and Italy (Paola)

12) not sure but I'm thinking this could have something to do with the catholic religion that is the general connection I see between those listed.

13) The foundation searches for children that are missing and it works with parents and helps prevent sexual abuse.

14) Queen Fabiola Foundation National for Mental Health, it helps support people with mental disabilities.

15) Fabiola Fernanda Maria de las Victorias Antonia Adelaida

16) purple

17) Stanford

18) helicopter pilot

19) Mathilde Marie Christine Ghislaine d'Udekem d'Acoz

20) Jonkvrouw Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz

21) speech therapy and psychology

22) "grande distinction" (magna cum laude), speech therapy

23) piano

24) Belgian born

25) ruby and gold maybe?

26) not sure

27) 13 years

28) Kinga (cool name for a royal pet)

29) Laeken Palace

30) Castle of Ciergnon

31) Le Chalet des Princes

32) Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege

33) the Queen Regnant

Belgium

This quiz is about the King, Queens, the late King Baudouin, and the Dukes of Brabant. Other questions about other Belgian royals will follow (around the time the ones about the rest of the British royals do :flowers:) I numbered them, as Aurora requested, so hopefully that will be easier. There are some tricky ones here, especcially for those who aren't experts about the Belgian royal family. But others are easier, so don't be intimidated!! Please play- the more people who play, the more fun it is- at least for me! Just be sure to please post your answers in white so others can't see them unless they choose to. I'll post the answers tomarrow night! :flowers: LadyK

Prince of Belgium

2) All the Belgian royal babies were christened, and thus had godmothers and godfathers. Albert’s godfather was a prince of Luxembourg. Can you name that prince? (hint- the name is used by one of the princes of Luxembourg. I’m not saying if it is a first name or a middle name!)
Prince Felix

never, he tookm the oath on 09.08.1993

King of the Belgians,

5) King Baudouin and King Albert II’s mother died when Albert was just year old. How did she die, and where was she when she died?
She died through an car-accident in Küßnacht, switzerlands on 29.08.1935. her husband had droven the car.

Lilian Baels, later Princess of Belgium but styled Princess de Réthy

7) During WWII, and the Nazi invasion of Belgium, Albert and his family were deported, first to one place, then to another. Where were these places? (be specific)
Hirschtein in germany, later Strobl in Austria

In his House in Motril nr Malaga, Spain

Heart-Attack

Prince Albert now King Albert II.

11) Both the Belgian Queens are foreigners. Where are Queen Fabiola and Queen Paola from?
Queen Fabiola is from Spain, Queen Paola from Italay

12) What unique special privilege do the Belgian queens share with the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, the Queen of Spain, and a few others?
The privlege du blanc, the can where white when meeting the Pope

13) In April of 2002, Queen Paola was made Honorary President of Child Focus. What does this charitable organization do?

14) Queen Fabiola has her own charity foundation. It is called the Queen Fabiola Foundatoin National for _______ _____. What is it?

Doña Fabiola Fernand Maria de las Victorias Antonia Adélaide de Mora y Aragón

purple

17) From what University did Philippe receive his Masters degree in Political Science in 1985?
Stanford

18) In May of 2004, Prince Philippe earned a rather special license, one not so many commoners have. What does his license allow him to do?

19) What was Mathilde’s full maiden name (first, middles, last?
Jonkvrouw Mathilde Marie Christine Ghislaine d'Udekem d'Acoz

20) Mathilde’s father, Count Patrick d’Udekem d’Acoz, is a member of the Belgian nobility, and as such, Mathilde also bore a title prior to her marriage. What was her title?
Jonkvrouw

22) Mathilde is very smart. When she graduated from college in 1994, she graduated with what honor? She obtained a degree ___________.

24) What of Mathilde’s heritage will make her a first among Belgian Queen-Consorts? (it’s a little suprising)
She will be the first belgian-born Queen

25) What is the engagement ring Philippe game Mathilde composed of? (metal, and gemstone)

26) What royal historic significance did the date of Mathilde and Philippe’s wedding have?

He is 12 years, 9 months and 4 days older.

29) Where do Philippe, Mathilde, and their children reside? (palace, or city, they’re the same)
Laeken Castle

30) In the chapel of which castle where Philippe and Mathilde’s children baptized?
Ciergnon Castle

31) Philippe and Mathilde held Princess Elisabeth’s 1st birthday party in a special house, near their palace, Castle Laeken. No royals reside there, but Princes and Princesses often like to visit. What house am I talking about, and why is it unique?
Chalet des princes

33) What historical importance will occur upon Princess Elisabeth’s becoming queen? She will be the ______.
Queen of the Belgians in her own right and not consort

Stefan and Aurora- good job! You both answered most of the questions correctly, but I tricked you! However, you were tricked on different ones. But you also went above and beyond on a couple of questions, so that's ok.

Everyone else- please take a shot at the questions!

Is it okay for me to ask what country is next? If it's not then just ignore me.

Denmark, of course! (it's in the same order as the forums are here on trf. If you go to the forums page, that's it)

I am trying to finish putting some more questions in about Joachim, so that I can cover the DRF in one go, because it seems a little silly to leave out only Joachim and his boys.

*Edit* I have decided that this quiz will be a quiz only about Frederik and Mary, simply because they are so popular (they are the second most popular royal couple here), there is so much known about them, and, well, Mary is my favorite royal. So it will be a Fred-and-Mary-and-Christian quiz, and Margrethe, Henrik, Joachim, and the rest of the DRF will follow, either this weekend or when I get around to them!
I don't mind telling you what is coming up next. Just don't ask about the questions! (at the moment, there are about thirty-*edit-twenty-two now)

Last edited:
Cool! I thought it was going in order of the forums. And don't worry I'd never ask about the questions like that anyways. Take your time! This is really lots of fun I'm learning too.

Here are my answers. I have to admit though that I copied a few answers from the website of the Belgian Monarchy. :blush:

Prince of Liège
2) All the Belgian royal babies were christened, and thus had godmothers and godfathers. Albert’s godfather was a prince of
Luxembourg. Can you name that prince? (hint- the name is used by one of the princes of Luxembourg. I’m not saying if it is a first name or a middle name!)
Prince Félix of
Luxembourg
In
Belgium the King isn’t crowned but he has to take an oath. I still remember that King Albert was so moved that he began to stutter and the day after people were joking about it and imitating him. Poor Albert ! It was on august 9, 1993
King of the Belgians
In
Switzerland in a car accident.
Lilian Baels, princess of Belgium

Hirschtein in Germany and Strobl in Austria.

Motril, Spain

cardiac arrest

Albert, I guess, is this a trick question ?
Fabiola from Spain, Paolo from Italy
they can wear white in an audience with the pope

Helps searching for missing children and fighting against sexual abuse

Mental health
Doña Fabiola, Fernanda, Maria de las Victorias, Antonia, Adelaïda de MORA y ARAGON
purple
University of Stanford
a pilot’s license
19) What was Mathilde’s full maiden name (first, middles, last) ?
Mathilde Marie Christine Ghislaine d’Udekem d’Acoz
Jonkvrouw
speech therapy and psychology
grote onderscheidig (don’t know how to say that in English, in Latin it is magna cum laude)
a wild guess : piano ?
24) What of Mathilde’s heritage will make her a first among Belgian Queen-Consorts?
Don’t know, the fact that she’s only from minor nobility ?
25) What is the engagement ring Philippe game Mathilde composed of?
Don’t know.
Again, don’t know.
13 years
Again, don’t know. I know it is a labrador though.
Laaken
castle of Ciergnon
Chalet des princes, it was made by order of Queen Astrid.
Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege in Brussels
First Queen of the Belgians.

Good job Coquine! And may I say, cute avatar!

Belgium: The Answers

1) Prince of Liége

3) Never. Belgian monarchs are not crowned. Prince Albert was sworn in in front of Parliament in August of 1993, and became King Albert II, the sixth king of the Belgians.

4) His Majesty the King of the Belgians. I know that’s kind of easy, but still, pretty tricky- it took me a while to get that right!

5) In an automobile accident, in Küssnacht, Switzerland

6) Mary Lilian Henriette Lucie Josephine Ghislaine Baels (she went by Lilian). She became Princess Lilian of Belgium, but was better known as Princess de Rèthy

7) They were deported to Hirschstein, Germany, and then to Strobl, Austria, where they were liberated by the American Army in May of 1945.

8) At King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola’s summer residence, Villa Astrida, in Motril, Spain

9) cardiovascular disease

10) Crown Prince Philippe. (When he died young, in his fifties, Philippe was deemed too young to deal with the monarchy, and possibly too weak

11) Queen Fabiola is from Spain, Queen Paola is from Italy.

12) The Privilege du Blanc. This means that those queens and the Grand Duchess may wear white dresses and veils (or mantilla, for Queen Sofia) when they meet the pope, whereas all other women must wear all black dresses, and black veils or mantillas. It is granted specially to these ladies as they are Catholic monarchs, and is also granted to, I believe, some of the archduchesses of Austria.

13) It fights for missing children and against sexual abuse, and supports the families of the victims.

14) The Queen Fabiola Foundation National for Mental Health

15) Doña Fabiola Fernanda Maria de las Victorias Antonia Adelaïda de Mora y Aragón

16) Purple

17) Stanford University

18) Fly a helicopter

19) Mathilde Marie Christine Ghislaine d’Udekem d’Acoz

20) Jonkvrouw (Jonkvrouw Mathilde d’Udekem d’Acoz) How do you say that?

21) Speech Therapy, at the Institut Libre Marie Haps from 1991-1994, and Psychology, at the Université Catholique de Louvain.

22) A degree with great distinction. (magna cum laude)

23) Piano. What else?

24) Mathilde will be the first Belgian-born Queen-Consort!

25) gold, with a large ruby surrounded with pave diamonds

26) It was the last royal wedding of the millennium, held in December of 1999.

27) Thirteen years. Actually, it’s twelve years, nine months, and 6 days. But thirteen years. She was born on January 20, 1973, and he was born on April 14, 1960.

28) Kinga

29) Castle Laeken

30) Castle of Ciergnon, a castle that is used by the royal family for weekends and breaks, mostly. It is not the home of any of the royals.

31) It is Chalet des Princes, a playhouse on the grounds of Castle Laeken, a villa, but designed at a child’s scale. It was built by Queen Astrid for her children, Josephine-Charlotte, Baudouin, and Albert.

33) The first ever Queen Regnant of Belgium

LadyK said:
Belgium: The Answers

1) Prince of Liége

3) Never. Belgian monarchs are not crowned. Prince Albert was sworn in in front of Parliament in August of 1993, and became King Albert II, the sixth king of the Belgians.

4) His Majesty the King of the Belgians. I know that’s kind of easy, but still, pretty tricky- it took me a while to get that right!

5) In an automobile accident, in Küssnacht, Switzerland

6) Mary Lilian Henriette Lucie Josephine Ghislaine Baels (she went by Lilian). She became Princess Lilian of Belgium, but was better known as Princess de Rèthy

7) They were deported to Hirschstein, Germany, and then to Strobl, Austria, where they were liberated by the American Army in May of 1945.

8) At King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola’s summer residence, Villa Astrida, in Motril, Spain

9) cardiovascular disease

10) Crown Prince Philippe. (When he died young, in his fifties, Philippe was deemed too young to deal with the monarchy, and possibly too weak

11) Queen Fabiola is from Spain, Queen Paola is from Italy.

12) The Privilege du Blanc. This means that those queens and the Grand Duchess may wear white dresses and veils (or mantilla, for Queen Sofia) when they meet the pope, whereas all other women must wear all black dresses, and black veils or mantillas. It is granted specially to these ladies as they are Catholic monarchs, and is also granted to, I believe, some of the archduchesses of Austria.

13) It fights for missing children and against sexual abuse, and supports the families of the victims.

14) The Queen Fabiola Foundation National for Mental Health

15) Doña Fabiola Fernanda Maria de las Victorias Antonia Adelaïda de Mora y Aragón

16) Purple

17) Stanford University

18) Fly a helicopter

19) Mathilde Marie Christine Ghislaine d’Udekem d’Acoz

20) Jonkvrouw (Jonkvrouw Mathilde d’Udekem d’Acoz) How do you say that?

21) Speech Therapy, at the Institut Libre Marie Haps from 1991-1994, and Psychology, at the Université Catholique de Louvain.

22) A degree with great distinction. (magna cum laude)

23) Piano. What else?

24) Mathilde will be the first Belgian-born Queen-Consort!

25) gold, with a large ruby surrounded with pave diamonds

26) It was the last royal wedding of the millennium, held in December of 1999.

27) Thirteen years. Actually, it’s twelve years, nine months, and 6 days. But thirteen years. She was born on January 20, 1973, and he was born on April 14, 1960.

28) Kinga

29) Castle Laeken

30) Castle of Ciergnon, a castle that is used by the royal family for weekends and breaks, mostly. It is not the home of any of the royals.

31) It is Chalet des Princes, a playhouse on the grounds of Castle Laeken, a villa, but designed at a child’s scale. It was built by Queen Astrid for her children, Josephine-Charlotte, Baudouin, and Albert.

33) The first ever Queen Regnant of Belgium

To 10 the official heir of King Baudouin accordgin the succession law was Prince Albert now KIng Albert. It was always thouht that Albert would rennounce on his succession rights in favour of Philippe. It was even said by then then Prime Minister that the must stnd behind the legal heir Prince Philippe.

Stefan said:
To 10 the official heir of King Baudouin accordgin the succession law was Prince Albert now KIng Albert. It was always thouht that Albert would rennounce on his succession rights in favour of Philippe. It was even said by then then Prime Minister that the must stnd behind the legal heir Prince Philippe.

See, now I learned something!:flowers:

Very interesting about question 26 and I guess I was on the right track with question 12 afterall. Thanks so much LadyK, for all your hard work.

Due to the couple's extreme popularity, and lots of information about them, and Crown Princess Mary's status as my personal favorite princess, (besides IA of Norway, but that's another quiz ;)) they, and their son, have warrented their own quiz. Again, Queen Margrethe and the others will recieve their own quiz later. (I think I'll do one round of the families now, then come back and do the people I skipped)

Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, and Prince Christian of Denmark

1) Who gave Frederik the ruby parure Mary wears?

2) What nickname was Frederik given by his military mates?

3) How old was Frederik when his mother became queen, and he became crown prince?

4) Frederik has two tattoos. What are they?

5) Frederik was best man at another royal’s wedding prior to his own. However, this man did not serve as a member of Frederik’s bridal party. Who is he? He is one of Fred’s close friends.

6) Who is Mary’s best friend, who is a radio personality, and was her maid of honor?

7) Mary’s stepmother, Susan Moody, is an author. What type of books does she write, and what is one (or both) of her pennames?

8) Mary has two roses named after her, both named the Crown Princess Mary. She attended the first ceremony when she was pregnant with Christian, which was funny, because the pictures of her pouring the champagne on the roses. However, Mary was unable to attend the naming ceremony for the second Crown Princess Mary rose. Who attended the ceremony in her stead?

9) Crown Princess Mary’s mother died several years ago. Mary now participates in a charity (or more) for cause of her mother’s death. What was Mary’s mother’s name, and why did she die?

10) Mary shares many odd coincidences in timing with another popular royal lady. Who is she?

11) What is Mary’s natural hair color?

12) Mary attended two major galas (aside from her engagement gala) prior to her wedding, in honor of the visit of VIPs from two different countries. Who were the VIPs, and which countries did they represent?

13) At what event did Mary have her first solo engagement as a Crown Princess?

14) What was the name, and location, of Crown Princess Mary’s first Elementary School?

15) This Australia-based charity fights bullying and supports children who were victims of violent crimes or who suddenly lost their families, and counts Mary its international patroness. What is the foundation?

16) Mary is a fan of this sport, which she likes to support. One particularly memorable picture of her attending one of these events was when she was pregnant with Christian. What sport is it?

17) Mary only has two international orders. What are they, what is her rank, and what country are they from?

18) What is the name of Frederik and Mary’s dog?

19) In the sailing race Mary and Frederik competed in, against one another, in the days prior to their wedding, which one of them won?

20) In what Sydney, Australia, bar did Frederik and Mary meet in 2000?

21) Why was Frederik in Australia when he met Mary?

22) Frederik and Mary like to go to this winter getaway, outside of Denmark, for skiing and other snowy winter fun. (although this year Mary may not have gotten to go on as many difficult jumping runs!). Where is it?

23) Frederik gave Mary a stunning piece of jewellery for Christian’s Christening. What was it? (type of jewelry and the stone)

24) Why was it expected for Frederik and Mary to name their first-born son Christian?

25) A special musical piece was written for the christening of Prince Christian. Who was the composer who wrote it?

26) If you went to see the exhibition of Prince Christian’s christening gown, you might notice that one of the ribbons had fallen on the floor inside the sealed case. Why didn’t they fix it?

27) Who are Prince Christian’s sponsers?

28) Prince Christian just started nursery school this week. What is the name of Christian’s class?

29) The media got a hint about Christian’s name prior to his Christening from something Mary said. What did Mary say? (if you know who she said it to, then you probably can guess it)

30) Prince Christian is an adorable little toddler, so of course the press has given him some adorable little nicknames. This one was what Christian was refered to prior to his Christening, when his name was revealed, and precious nickname refers to his unique ancestry. Can you guess what nicknames I’m thinking of?

31) A set of unbelievably adorable pictures of Christian were released for his first birthday. What flavor was his birthday cake?

Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, and Prince Christian of Denmark

He inerherited it from his grandmother, Queen Ingrid

Pingo

3) How old was Frederik when his mother became queen, and he became crown prince?
3 years and almost 7 months old

5) Frederik was best man at another royal’s wedding prior to his own. However, this man did not serve as a member of Frederik’s bridal party. Who is he? He is one of Fred’s close friends.
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway

6) Who is Mary’s best friend, who is a radio personality, and was her maid of honor?
Amber Petty

7) Mary’s stepmother, Susan Moody, is an author. What type of books does she write, and what is one (or both) of her pennames?
Crimis

8) Mary has two roses named after her, both named the Crown Princess Mary. She attended the first ceremony when she was pregnant with Christian, which was funny, because the pictures of her pouring the champagne on the roses. However, Mary was unable to attend the naming ceremony for the second Crown Princess Mary rose. Who attended the ceremony in her stead?

9) Crown Princess Mary’s mother died several years ago. Mary now participates in a charity (or more) for cause of her mother’s death. What was Mary’s mother’s name, and why did she die?
Henrietta Clark,

10) Mary shares many odd coincidences in timing with another popular royal lady. Who is she?
The Princess of Asturias, Letizia

dark brown

12) Mary attended two major galas (aside from her engagement gala) prior to her wedding, in honor of the visit of VIPs from two different countries. Who were the VIPs, and which countries did they represent?
Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess maria teresa of Luxemburg, President Illiescu of Roumania

something with Horses

14) What was the name, and location, of Crown Princess Mary’s first Elementary School?
Clear Lake Elementary School in Houston, Texas

15) This Australia-based charity fights bullying and supports children who were victims of violent crimes or who suddenly lost their families, and counts Mary its international patroness. What is the foundation?

16) Mary is a fan of this sport, which she likes to support. One particularly memorable picture of her attending one of these events was when she was pregnant with Christian. What sport is it?
Horse riding

17) Mary only has two international orders. What are they, what is her rank, and what country are they from?
The norwegian Order of St. Olav, the bulgarian order of St. Planina in the 1 st class

Ziggy

19) In the sailing race Mary and Frederik competed in, against one another, in the days prior to their wedding, which one of them won?
Mary

Sleep Inn

Olympic Games

22) Frederik and Mary like to go to this winter getaway, outside of Denmark, for skiing and other snowy winter fun. (although this year Mary may not have gotten to go on as many difficult jumping runs!). Where is it?

23) Frederik gave Mary a stunning piece of jewellery for Christian’s Christening. What was it? (type of jewelry and the stone)

24) Why was it expected for Frederik and Mary to name their first-born son Christian?
Because the danish Kings are since many years named either Frederik or Christian and it alternates, on a King Frederik followed almost always (except for the case of the present Queen) a King Christian or the other way around

25) A special musical piece was written for the christening of Prince Christian. Who was the composer who wrote it?

26) If you went to see the exhibition of Prince Christian’s christening gown, you might notice that one of the ribbons had fallen on the floor inside the sealed case. Why didn’t they fix it?

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, Prince Joachim of Denmark, Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece, Jane Stephens (Mary oldest sister), Hamish Campbell, Jeppe Handwerk

28) Prince Christian just started nursery school this week. What is the name of Christian’s class?
Dronning Louises Børnehus

29) The media got a hint about Christian’s name prior to his Christening from something Mary said. What did Mary say? (if you know who she said it to, then you probably can guess it)

30) Prince Christian is an adorable little toddler, so of course the press has given him some adorable little nicknames. This one was what Christian was refered to prior to his Christening, when his name was revealed, and precious nickname refers to his unique ancestry. Can you guess what nicknames I’m thinking of?
Kengaruh

31) A set of unbelievably adorable pictures of Christian were released for his first birthday. What flavor was his birthday cake?
chocolate

His grandmother, Queen Ingrid
Pingo!
MII became queen in January 1972. Frederik was a few months shy of his 4th birthday
He has 'Pingo' on his upper arm, and a shark on his lower left leg
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Amber Petty
She writes crime, fiction and romance novels. "Susannah James" and "Susan Madison" are her pennames
Her sisters, Jane & Patricia
Henrietta, and she died from complications of a heart operation she had had a few weeks before for a heart condition
Dona Letizia, Pricness of Asturias
Brown
She attended the Luxembourgian and Romanian State Visit Gala Banquets, the first in October 2003 and the second in March 2004
The Silkeborg Showjupmping Championships, where she handed out the prizes
The elementary school was in Clearwater, Texas, and called the Clear Lake Elementary School
The Alannah & Madeline Foundation
Golf
The Order of St Olav, Grand Cross, from Norway. The Order of Stara Planina, 1st class, from Bulgaria
Ziggy!
Mary, sailing on the Australian team, beat Frederik sailing with the Danish team
The Slipp Inn
The 2000 Sydney Olympics
Verbier, Switzerland
A sapphire & diamond brooch
Because of the age-old tradition of alternating the names of future Kings of Denmark between Frederik and Christian
Joseph Barnby (?)
To symbolise something
Prince Joachim of Denmark, Mrs Jane Stephens, TRH Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, HRH Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece, Mr Jeppe Handwerk and Mr Hamish Campbell
The Sprouts (?)
"My little Chrissie" (?)
Lilleprinsen & Kingaroo
Chocolate

Good job Stefan and JessRulz! You both got some tricky ones, but you each missed a couple. (hehehehe- I like it when I can write tricky questions- you guys get so many of them!)
This was one that I knew more about, but still, I double-checked some. You guys should be pleased with what you know- you're still royal experts!

Next up comes the Dutch royals, probably Tuesday morning (here in the Eastern US), and I know some of you guys are amazing with them. I have the questions pretty well done, but I might add a few, you never know. As of now though, the quiz is titled "Beatrix's sons".

my answers

here are my answers

The Frederik and Mary Part

1) Frederik's grandmother Queen Ingrid
2) Pingo
3) almost 4 years old
4) a shark on his leg and the nickname Pingo
5) HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
6) Amber Petty
7) crime fiction, pennames: Susannah James and Susan Madison
8) her sisters
9) Henrietta Clark Donaldson, she died of heart disease
10) Princess Letizia
11) brown (is this a trick question or is it really that easy?)
12) I'm confused on this one I know Mary attended the Luxembourg State Visit in honor of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess, I think she attended the Romania State Visit but I'm not sure, however I also know that she attended a gala concert at the Swedish Embassy in Denmark when Crown Princess Victoria was visiting in November of 2003. Confused!
13) Silkeborg
14) Clear Lake City Elementary School in Houston, Texas
15) Better Buddies, not sure?
16) riding...Mary loves horses!
17) The Order of Saint Olav(Norway) and The Order of Stara Planina, 1st Cl. (Bulgaria)
18) Ziggy
19) Mary won
20) Slip Inn
21) the Olympic Games
22) Verbier, Switzerland
23) diamond and sapphire brooch
24) It's Danish tradition to alternate between the names Frederik and Christian for the future kings.
25) Fuzzy
26) not sure
27) Crown Princess Victoria, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Prince Pavlos, Prince Joachim, Jane Stephens, Hamish Campbell and Jeppe Handwerk
28) Spiren- the sprout
29) not sure
30) Kingaroo and Lilleprinsen
31) chocolate

Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Prince Christian: The Answers

1) His beloved grandmother, Queen Ingrid

2) Pingo

3) Frederik became Crown Prince at the tender age of three!

4) A shark on his calf, and his nickname, Pingo.

5) Crown Prince Haakon of Norway

6) Amber Petty

7) She writes Crime novels. She also writes under Susannah James (mostly romantic mysteries) and Susan Madison.

8) Mary’s sister, Jane Stephens.

9) Cardiovascular disease, her name was Henrietta. If Mary has a baby girl this time, it is expected the Henrietta will be one of her names, although probably a middle name.

10) Crown Princess Letizia of Spain. Within one month of one another, they got married, announced their first pregnancies, gave birth, and announced their second pregnancies. They will also soon give birth within one month of each other with their second babies.

11) Brown (trick question!)

12) The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, and the President of Romania, Ion Iliescu. The Luxembourg gala was held less than two weeks after the engagement announcement, and Romanian gala was held two months before the wedding. To the Luxembourgish gala, she wore a strapless green dress, that wasn’t my favorite, and to the Romanian, she wore a lavender off-the-shoulder dress that she has recycled.

13) She presented awards at the Danish Championships at Silkeborg

14) Clear Lake City Elementary School, Houston, Texas, USA

15) The Alannah and Madeline Foundation

16) Golf

17) Order of Saint Olaf, Grand Cross, Norway, and the Order of Stara Planina, 1st class, Bulgaria

18) Ziggy. Ziggy is famous, and had appeared in various outings and even in their Christmas card.

19) Mary

20) The Slip Inn

21) To attend the 2000 Sydney Olympics

22) Verbier, Switzerland

23) A sapphire brooch with diamonds.

24) Because Danish kings alternate names between Frederik and Christian

25) Fuzzy

26) Because it was meant to be on the floor. During the christening, the ribbon fell off the gown, and, in a sweet gesture, Crown Prince Frederik picked up the ribbon, and tucked it into his coat pocket, for a momento. A ribbon (I think it was a stand-in ribbon, because Frederik kept the ribbon)

27) Crown Princess Victoria, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Prince Pavlos, Prince Joachim, Jane Stephens, Hamish Campbell, and Jeppe Handwerk

28) Sprout (Spiren)

29) “Oh, my little Chrissy”

30) Lilleprinsen (the little prince) and Kingaroo. (I love that one! awww)

31) Chocolate, with chocolate cake. There were pictures of him released with the cake all over his hands and face. How cute! I think my parents have one of me like that…..

I must say Lady K you were very specific and a little tricky with the Fred and Mary portion. I can't believe I got tripped up on 16 but I guess I should have read the question better. This one was harder for me but hopefully I'll do well on the next part, Beatrix's sons. ;)

I didn't actually think I'd trip you guys up so much on that one! If you read Mary's official patronages and honorary memberships on their official website, D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - D.K.H. Kronprinsparrets hjemmeside, you'll notice that your answer, although a very good guess, isn't even on her list! (that suprised me too.)
Here is the picture of this that I mentioned. (also in the post, by Alisa, from the Crown Princess Mary's Pregnancy Fashion thread, is a picture of Mary baptizing the Kronprinsesse Mary rose)

Here is a picture of Christian with his first birthday cake. Isn't he cute?

Here is a picture of the baptism of the second Crown Princess Mary rose, and the person who baptized it. Also a little information about the rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom