Marengo, I'm stealing it back!
I know I said I'd post this last night, but just as I was clicking post, we lost power! So I went to bed and decided to post it now.
This quiz is about the King, Queens, the late King Baudouin, and the Dukes of Brabant. Other questions about other Belgian royals will follow (around the time the ones about the rest of the British royals do
) I numbered them, as Aurora requested, so hopefully that will be easier. There are some tricky ones here, especcially for those who aren't experts about the Belgian royal family. But others are easier, so don't be intimidated!! Please play- the more people who play, the more fun it is- at least for me! Just be sure to please post your answers in white so others can't see them unless they choose to. I'll post the answers tomarrow night!
1) What was King Albert II’s title at birth?
2) All the Belgian royal babies were christened, and thus had godmothers and godfathers. Albert’s godfather was a prince of Luxembourg. Can you name that prince? (hint- the name is used by one of the princes of Luxembourg. I’m not saying if it is a first name or a middle name!)
3) When was King Albert crowned?
4) What is King Albert’s title?
5) King Baudouin and King Albert II’s mother died when Albert was just year old. How did she die, and where was she when she died?
6) What was the birthname and title of their stepmother?
7) During WWII, and the Nazi invasion of Belgium, Albert and his family were deported, first to one place, then to another. Where were these places? (be specific)
8) When King Baudouin passed away in July of 1993, where was he?
9) What caused King Baudouin’s death? (medically)
10) At the time of King Baudouin died, who was his heir?
11) Both the Belgian Queens are foreigners. Where are Queen Fabiola and Queen Paola from?
12) What unique special privilege do the Belgian queens share with the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, the Queen of Spain, and a few others?
13) In April of 2002, Queen Paola was made Honorary President of Child Focus. What does this charitable organization do?
14) Queen Fabiola has her own charity foundation. It is called the Queen Fabiola Foundatoin National for _______ _____. What is it?
15) What is Queen Fabiola’s full birth name?
16) What color is the Belgian sash?
17) From what University did Philippe receive his Masters degree in Political Science in 1985?
18) In May of 2004, Prince Philippe earned a rather special license, one not so many commoners have. What does his license allow him to do?
19) What was Mathilde’s full maiden name (first, middles, last?
20) Mathilde’s father, Count Patrick d’Udekem d’Acoz, is a member of the Belgian nobility, and as such, Mathilde also bore a title prior to her marriage. What was her title?
21) What did Mathilde study in college?
22) Mathilde is very smart. When she graduated from college in 1994, she graduated with what honor? She obtained a degree ___________.
23) Mathilde plays what instrument?
24) What of Mathilde’s heritage will make her a first among Belgian Queen-Consorts? (it’s a little suprising)
25) What is the engagement ring Philippe game Mathilde composed of? (metal, and gemstone)
26) What royal historic significance did the date of Mathilde and Philippe’s wedding have?
27) How much older is Crown Prince Philippe than Crown Princess Mathilde?
28) What is the name of Philippe and Mathilde’s dog?
29) Where do Philippe, Mathilde, and their children reside? (palace, or city, they’re the same)
30) In the chapel of which castle where Philippe and Mathilde’s children baptized?
31) Philippe and Mathilde held Princess Elisabeth’s 1st birthday party in a special house, near their palace, Castle Laeken. No royals reside there, but Princes and Princesses often like to visit. What house am I talking about, and why is it unique?
32) Where do Princess Elisabeth and Prince Gabriel go to school?
33) What historical importance will occur upon Princess Elisabeth’s becoming queen? She will be the ______.