The Great Baby Guessing Challenge Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Here is Part 3 of the Great Baby Guessing Challenge.

Part 1 can be found here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...read.php?t=4455

Part 2 can be found here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=182712#post182712

Samitude was the winner of both Parts 1 and 2 of the challenge, although other member including irishchic5, moosey60, Kil and Ianna gave her a good run for her money.

Dare to take on Samitude to become the "ultimate" Royal Forums fan who knows their royals back in their crawling and pacifier days?

The royal babies can include any royal figure: past or present, those who were born into royal families or those who have married into them, from their birth to their very early childhood, and can be major royals (Kings, Queens, Crown Princes, Crown Princesses) or "minor" royals (less public relations of the royal families, members of non-ruling royal families, etc.).

A big thank you to pdas1201 who provided the majority of the images in this challenge

*Please note that the pictures, because of the different file types, are out of order so please follow the numerical order closely. If you are confused or unsure about a number feel free to contact me.*

Challenge Part 3

Good luck!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 830
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 304
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 268
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 833
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 276
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 829
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    4.7 KB · Views: 805
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 300
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 840
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 820
Last edited:
Wow, this one is hard !!!

1/ Princess Stephanie of Monaco
2/ Prince Constantin-Alexios of Greece
3/ Andrea Casiraghi
4/ Princess Alexandra of Denmark
5/ Prince Andrew of England
6/ Queen Elizabeth II
7/ King Olaf of Norway
8/ Princess Astrid of Belgium
9/ ?
10/ Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden

Wow...this one was hard.

1. Princess Caroline of Monaco
2. Prince Constantin-Alexios of greece
3. Andrea Casiraghi
4. Princess Alexandra of Denmark
5. Prince Andrew, Duke of York
6. Queen Sofia of Spain
7. King Olaf of Norway
8. Isabella von Vollenhoven
9. Prince Willem Alexander, Prince of Orange
10. Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden

#6 could've been Queen Elizabeth II too, I believe. The facial structure reminded me of Elena's son Froilan...who looks like his grandma Sofia.

Last edited:
As usual I recognise British family only :shame:

I am sure that 5 is Andrew, present Duke of York.

6.... oh, poor me! I am in trouble with my favourite royal! I think it's Elizabeth II, but it isn't very clear because of the shadow on her face.
Hair, dress and coral necklace are hers. She's about one year old here, when her parents were abroad.
OK, Elizabeth II.

1. ? (I don't even recognize that child)
2. Prince Konstantinos-Alexios of Greece
3. Andrea of Monaco
5. Prince Andrew, Duke of York
6. Queen Sofia of Spain
7. King Olav of Norway
8. Isabella van Vollenhoven
9. ? (I don't even recognize that child too)
10. Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden

Last edited:
Number 6 is, without a doubt, Queen Elizabeth II

Alrighty, here are my guesses!

1. Princess Stephanie of Monaco (It's definitely either Stephanie or Caroline, I don't really know which!)
2. Konstantin-Alexios of Greece
3. Andrea Casiraghi
5. Prince Andrew of Great Britain
6. Queen Elizabeth II
7. King Olav of Norway
8. Isabella van Vollenhoven of the Netherlands
9. Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
10. Prince Carl Philip of Sweden

Hmmm...now that I see #6 again...I believe I'll [partially *cough*] retract my Queen Sofia guess and go with "Princess Elizabeth of York"...heheh, I've been convinced by everybody else. Haha, I see that Elinha has gone with my Queen Sofia guess. Haha, hilariousities.

I think that next time everybody should send results to one person (like Alexandria) because it's kinda' cheating if everybody pretty much just copies off the people that posted before them. I.e. I see that Elinha has all of my answers except for #1. I'm not saying that she (he?) did copy me but...it seems more than coincidental that Sofia was her guess for #6. In addition every name from #4 onwards is identical including the titles. Just a little too coincidental...*strokes chin*.

Heheh, although, I've been persuaded by everyone else that #6 shall be Queen Elizabeth II aka Princess Elizabeth of York. *Cough* :p

Last edited:
I know that everybody finds this challenge particularly hard but a bit of encouragement: As hard as some members have found it, I see many, many right answers.

So keep up the good guesses! :)

I keep looking at number 9 & thinking it's Diana Spencer. I've never seen pics of
Willem-Alexander at that age, though, so the other guesses are probably better based.

moosey60 said:
I think that next time everybody should send results to one person (like Alexandria) because it's kinda' cheating if everybody pretty much just copies off the people that posted before them. :p

But, moosey, then we wouldn't have the joy of reading everyone's amusing posts, *cough*.
:)

Can I change my guess? Now I think #3 is Charlotte, not Andrea :)

Selrahc, I do enjoy amusing replies as much as you.

(Psst, Irish Chic, I'm pretty sure I've seen #3...positive that's Andrea. I don't think Charlotte was that blonde at that age.)

Well, here goes nothing.....:D

1. Princess Caroline of Monaco
2. Konstantin-Alexios of Greece
3. Andrea Casiraghi
5. Prince Andrew of England
6. Queen Sofia of Spain
7. King Olav of Norway
8. Isabella van Vollenhoven of the Netherlands
9. Letizia, Princess of Asturias (The only one I'm 100% sure)

I'm really, really, really 100% sure that nr. 9 is Letizia. I saw the photo in magazine a few days ago.
Julia

moosey60 said:
(Psst, Irish Chic, I'm pretty sure I've seen #3...positive that's Andrea. I don't think Charlotte was that blonde at that age.)

Thanks moosey!

Was Letizia really blonde as a baby? I can't picture her as a blonde.

irishchic5 said:
Thanks moosey!

Was Letizia really blonde as a baby? I can't picture her as a blonde.

Yes she was. Take a look at her pictures as a girl and young woman thread and you'll see a cute blonde baby;)

1) Prince Frederik of Denmark
2) Prince Konstantine-Alexios of Greece
3) Andrea Casaraghi
4) Prince Maximilian von und zu Liechtenstein
5) Prince Andrew of Great Britain
6) Queen Elizabeth of Great Britain
7) King Olav of Norway (Who also has a great resemblance to Princess Claire of Belgium in this photo.)
8) Isabella von Vollenhoven
9) Letizia Ortiz, the Princess of Austurias
10)Prince Carl Phillip of Sweden

moosey60 said:
Hmmm...now that I see #6 again...I believe I'll [partially *cough*] retract my Queen Sofia guess and go with "Princess Elizabeth of York"...heheh, I've been convinced by everybody else. Haha, I see that Elinha has gone with my Queen Sofia guess. Haha, hilariousities.

I think that next time everybody should send results to one person (like Alexandria) because it's kinda' cheating if everybody pretty much just copies off the people that posted before them. I.e. I see that Elinha has all of my answers except for #1. I'm not saying that she (he?) did copy me but...it seems more than coincidental that Sofia was her guess for #6. In addition every name from #4 onwards is identical including the titles. Just a little too coincidental...*strokes chin*.

Heheh, although, I've been persuaded by everyone else that #6 shall be Queen Elizabeth II aka Princess Elizabeth of York. *Cough* :p

moosey60,

I didn't copy yours votes, I think that picture n#6 were of Queen Sofia of Spain because of her face that looks a lot like the current one, and it didn't looked like it belongs to Queen Elizabeth II. That's my opinion (it's possible that I'm mistaken, 'cause children's faces are very similar). And I didn't vote for n# 1 because I don't even recognize that child. It was hard to make up my mind: some kids I recognized and some other I remembered seeing before. I know a lot about the royal families, that's why I know who they are. If though you think I cheated that's nothing but a coincidende. Having similar ideas it's not unusual. What do you say? I'm curious: didn't you realize yet that other member have voted for the same royal that we did? Did they cheat too???

That's all
Elinha (Yes, I'm a she)

Elinha, I only thought you cheated because your #4-10 answers were IDENTICAL right down to the mispelling on Isabella van Vollenhoven's surname.

IDENTICAL I tell you. Including "Prince Willem Alexander, Prince of Orange" and "Prince Andrew, Duke of York"...now, it's entirely too coincidental that you chose to phrase their names in exactly this way. If you cut and paste everything from #4-end from my answers onto yours, there would be no change.

Anyways, it's only a game. And some of these people have changed way too much...like Letizia. Wow...Haha, I should've known the baby wasn't a boy from her frilly hat. Although Willem Alexander did somewhat resemble that baby as a child.

Samitude- I admit defeat. :p

This game will be closing tomorrow. If you have not had a chance yet to make your guesses, now's your last chance.

Good luck!

Here are the answers for Part 3 of the Great Baby Guessing Challenge.

1. Prince Albert of Monaco
2. Konstantine-Alexios of Greece
3. Andreas Casiraghi
4. Princess Alexandra (nee Manley) of Denmark
5. Prince Andrew of Great Britain
6. Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain
7. King Olav of Norway
8. Isabella van Vollenhoven (daughter of Prince Bernhard Jr. of the Netheralnds)
9. Princess Letizia of Spain

As there were some concerns this time around about cheating, I took only original answers as were in the first post you made. Subsequent posts of "I changed my mind -- #5 is Prince X I think" were not considered.

The winners of Part 3 is a three-way tie between three members: Samitude (the reigning champ!), irishchic5 and Anna R who each got 8 right! Congratulations! :)

Very closely behind them were Kil, moosey60 and Elinha who each got 7 right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom