The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 03:03 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz70
Wow, I L-O-V-E this one!! What a fantastic photo of them, still so loving and openly affectionate after all these years!!!!
I remember Queen paola kissing her husband on a stage after a concert to celebrate 175 years of Belgium (I believe it was that occassion), it seemed so affectionate and real. Of all the kings and queens this couple is the most openly affectionate one and they seem to be very much in love with each other, which is quite an accomplishment after such a long marriage.

Old 12-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
I have some cool pictures to add:
From Seeger-Press (moments of happiness)
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/6...01100245uz.jpg
On this picture she remindes me to Letizia.. woops..

Old 12-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMinka
yeah, one could easily see letizia in that outfit. also, woman walking with much taller man that's very letizia
Old 12-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Nobility

another one of maxima and willem-alexander at the polo game:
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/3330/amalia93dn.png
Old 12-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
I remember Queen paola kissing her husband on a stage after a concert to celebrate 175 years of Belgium (I believe it was that occassion), it seemed so affectionate and real. Of all the kings and queens this couple is the most openly affectionate one and they seem to be very much in love with each other, which is quite an accomplishment after such a long marriage.
I actually think that happened in 2003 when they celebrated that Albert had been king for 10 years. However, I think it was on the National Day. This year Albert kissed Paola on stage in the evening on the National Day when they were celebrating 175 years of Belgium. I love seeing affectionate pictures of them too, and it seems there have been a lot of them this year. Pictures that show affection are the best.:)
Old 12-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mette2
I actually think that happened in 2003 when they celebrated that Albert had been king for 10 years. However, I think it was on the National Day. This year Albert kissed Paola on stage in the evening on the National Day when they were celebrating 175 years of Belgium. I love seeing affectionate pictures of them too, and it seems there have been a lot of them this year. Pictures that show affection are the best.:)
it is nice to see the affection between them. its obvious they've put their problems behind them. i still think Paola never looks very happy though.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mette2
Thanks for correcting me Mette, it was his 10th anniversairy indeed! Now we mention a jubilee, isn't it Alberts copper jubilee in january 2006? Is there any event planned?
Old 12-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
it is nice to see the affection between them. its obvious they've put their problems behind them. i still think Paola never looks very happy though.
On the recent picture with her husband, taken when they left the hospital where Claire delivered her two boys, she looked radiant. I think Paola is a shy woman (commented by several people), who would have been happier if fate would have left her and her husband next to the throne instead of on it.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Aristocracy

mary and frederik are so in love with eachother
billie-jo
Old 12-15-2005, 02:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMinka

yeah, one could easily see letizia in that outfit. also, woman walking with much taller man that's very letizia
Don't you think is a little weird that Letizia looks a little like Cristina and Iñaki look a little like Felipe?
I'm not assuming anything, I'm just curious
Old 12-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Smile

Máxima&W-A in a polotournament
Source: i took some photos of that pics posted in CARAS magazine

Old 12-18-2005, 07:35 AM
Nobility

http://www.cover.es/fotoweb/bin/prev...EEFCEE4BA27017

picture of max and wa in argentina.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:25 PM
Gentry

Thanks for all the pics! I really love all of them with MM and Haakon! I think they fit together so well
Old 12-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Thumbs up

I believe it's great that in these days it's okay for Royal couples to show affection, it's very nice to know the most "human" side of royalty and, it also shows the fact that royal houses are moving with the times and with that premise is that they are raising the Kings and Queens of tomorrow!!! :)
Old 12-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Philippe and Mathilde (as posted by Hannelore on queen astrid's exhibition thread)

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ajvd1g27nf.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?i...a3x139v6rk.jpg

and one of King Albert massaging Queen Paola ??

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?i...a0hel923lk.jpg
Old 12-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
There's another cute pic of them,the one when Hamzah put the ring on her finger and then kissed her hand,it was very nice,but I can't find it anymore
I think you're referring to these pictures:
I love how lovingly Prince Hamzah is looking at Princess Noor in the first picture.

(From Laha magazine & Prince Hamzah's website)
Old 12-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Nobility

here is a lovely photo i found from polfoto.dk

Old 12-28-2005, 01:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess
here is a lovely photo i found from polfoto.dk
OH MY GOD!!You found the Holy Grail of the Royal Photos!!
Aussie Princess you should receive an award for this picture, it's awesome, how long have they been married shock (but a good kind of one)
Old 12-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Nobility

I'm glad you like it. it is a very nice photo of them. they married in june of '67, so it's been close to 40 years now!
Old 12-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Veeery romantic and veeery happy Felipe and Letizia with their daughter Leonor:
http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?i...01496894kg.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?i...01496976yk.jpg
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1135694470
(orginally posted from the thread dedicated to their Christmas holiday in Lanzarote).

Closed Thread