The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
prince william.I really thought he was going be a lot more involved since graduating.:(
So true he needs to start doing more Royal Duties. As for CP Victoria maybe she is just alittle tired of her role? I'm sure she's just having a bad year!!!

Old 11-27-2005, 06:16 AM
Nobility

About Victoria

Victoria is doing very good and will be a great rouling Queen some day. She is so popular and highly loved in Sweden, and that's what´s impotant.

I know I´ts about worse, and I realy don´t like the thred. :( It would be much better writing about what´s good about Royals and others.

Old 11-27-2005, 06:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
As regards the Press Association award, I believe that she won it. I did not say that she was a failed person. But she was not a female Larry King.... not a Ofrah Winter!!!
What on earth is an "Ofrah Winter"?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:55 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakodas
What on earth is an "Ofrah Winter"?
I think fandesacs2003 was pointing out to us that Crown Princess Letizia was not an Oprah Winfrey.
Conversely, one could say that Oprah Winfrey was not a Crown Princess Letizia.
I hope that has cleared that up.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Letizia was a well respected reporter with a solid list of achievements which were all the more significant because she did it on her own. For some career minded men and woman having that sense of achievement is what's important, not the size of her apartment or having people to wait on you. Some people enjoy and thrive on the fight for survival, you can't be a successful career woman if you don't.

Maybe Letizia burned out of her high-pressure job but the demands on her are far different now than they were when she was a reporter. So she's going into a totally new role with totally different expectations. She may have made some unconscious assumptions of what her life as a public princess would be like based on her previous public role as reporter. That didn't really prepare her for the role of a crown princess.

At any rate, I don't think she's going to have the list of solid achievements as princess that she did as reporter. For some women that's fine but if a woman has been successful, you have to wonder if they miss the action once they marry a crown prince.
Just think, if she can accomplish all of these things on her own as an unknown, imagine what she can do as Queen.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Just think, if she can accomplish all of these things on her own as an unknown, imagine what she can do as Queen.
Ah, one sincerely hopes so, lashinka :) but its a different role. One of the reporters very aptly said that as a journalist Letizia had to learn what to say and do and now as Princess, she has to learn what NOT to say or do.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamaria
You are definitely on something with that word trash The entire Monagasque royal family seems to be mixing mainly with just some Mediterranean Eurotrash laundering money there, none of them seeming to spend any time doing anything worthwhile with their time. L
You have obviously none or few knowledge of the Grimaldi, their background and their social circles (which BTW greatly differs from one member to another). I also sense a bit of... how shall I put it... prejudices? cultural cliché?
Anyway whatever it is it's not pretty.
I however somehow, and to a certain extend, agree with you about the fact they lack a bit a class (particularly Albert and Stéphanie).
I also agree with you about Albert's character, but he, at least, has a dynamic and honest approach to money launderers (that he wants, and will fight, not have dinner parties with * (cough) get real (cough), and that values him above his predecessor in my eyes.

Old 12-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

As per forum rules, absolutely no discussion of politics is allowed. This thread is about the most disappointing royals of 2005, not to discuss Mugabe and any other political figures. Any posts continuing in this manner will be deleted.

Danielle
Royal Forums Moderator

Old 12-04-2005, 02:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
As per forum rules, absolutely no discussion of politics is allowed. This thread is about the most disappointing royals of 2005, not to discuss Mugabe and any other political figures. Any posts continuing in this manner will be deleted.

Danielle
Royal Forums Moderator
I clearly fail to see how it is possible to critisize Harry for his choise of girlfriend (which is in the subject) without talking about politic. The very point of the controversy is that her family is politic.
I of course respect the guidelines and your authority as a moderator but I feel that sometimes blind adherence to the generale guidelines lessen the quality, pertinance and dynamism of the discussions.

Quote:
for me, it is lalla salma the king's wife of morocco
she don't make anything during three years, and now she create a foundation against the cancer "foundation lalla salma", when they are an association with the same objectives and that exist since 1968, and that make its best
she could help this association, but no, she wants to have her own association that has her name, only, to appear as a lady who makes a thing against the cancer
I try as much as I can to stay clear of Middle-East and North-African discussion (the temperature usually rises so fast so easily), but I was quite shocked by that one.
Lala is quite a ground-breaking precursor. She is an educated modern woman and a public persona. Now that's the very important point. Just a question: have you ever seen M6 mother? Have you ever heard her speak, express an opinion, take an initiative? If yes, please report.
Lala is very implicated in public life, she is her own woman, she goes out without a veil (I have nothing against the veil, but you will admit it's quite daring considering her husband's family traditions). I agree her personal achievements charity-wise are not comparable to the one of Mathilde of Belgium, for example. However she is the first Moroccan Queen valued as a woman, an entity and a person, not just as a baby maker. I believe she has done more for feminism in Morocco in one year that anyone else.
So, IMO, she has nothing to do in this thread.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

i don't know who's to blame..
but..

i'm really dissapointed the Norwegian RF doesn't make Prince Sverre Magnus a HRH !!
Old 12-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Courtier

The Danish royals. Particularly Queen Margrethe who has done so little this year. Mary was the most hard working then she went on maternity leave and now only Alexandra performs royal duties. Last time we saw the Danes was on a hunting trip. They seem to do fewer royal duties every year. What's up with them?

Old 01-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I like Letizia. It seems that people who like Maxima don't like Letizia and people who like Letizia don't like Maxima. People who like Mary don't like Maxima, etc etc. I think Letizia is a brilliant addition to the SRF and she seems to have a good way with the public. To be fair, she's had to concentrate on being pregnant and now raising a daughter, quite soon after her wedding - so she hasn't had time to do as much as say Maxima has. Mary is in a similar situation.
I agree Beatrixfan. I believe that most of the current crown princesses have had to endure some criticism from the public and press at some point. Each woman brings her own unique qualities to the role and each has learned this role in a rather quickly in my opinion, in addition to adjusting to married life and motherhood.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Courtier

I have to agree with the folks who are saying the entire Danish royal family. They don't seem to be doing much of anything these days. It's a shame. Princess Alexandra is the hardest working one and she's not even married to Prince Joachim anymore. >.<
Old 01-12-2006, 04:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Lala is quite a ground-breaking precursor. She is an educated modern woman and a public persona. Now that's the very important point. Just a question: have you ever seen M6 mother? Have you ever heard her speak, express an opinion, take an initiative? If yes, please report.
Lala is very implicated in public life, she is her own woman, she goes out without a veil (I have nothing against the veil, but you will admit it's quite daring considering her husband's family traditions). I agree her personal achievements charity-wise are not comparable to the one of Mathilde of Belgium, for example. However she is the first Moroccan Queen valued as a woman, an entity and a person, not just as a baby maker. I believe she has done more for feminism in Morocco in one year that anyone else.
So, IMO, she has nothing to do in this thread.
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT !!!!

Before having an opinion for each CP, we should examinated the mentality of where people live. It is more strong and innovating and consequently difficult and daring for Lala Salma to make these innovations accepted from her people, than in example to make Norwegians accept a former drugged and a single mother as a future Queen. It's the same idea that Spanish would never have accepted Eva Sannum because of her bra and bra-less pic, but Norwegians accepted MM despite her past. Every people has it's own mentality and capacity of "revolution" and royals have to deal with.
King Mohamed is considered to be a very open and modern Monarch and he choosed a wife according to that, but he has to respect his people. IMO she is doing much much things and very well.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Most disappointing Royal? Easily Lalla Salma, another year and very little achieved by the woman. Her sister-in-laws put her to shame.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
Princess Alexandra is the hardest working one
Really? There is no harder working royal than that of the Monarch. This goes for any royal family!

"MII"
Old 01-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
I have to agree with the folks who are saying the entire Danish royal family. They don't seem to be doing much of anything these days. It's a shame. Princess Alexandra is the hardest working one and she's not even married to Prince Joachim anymore. >.<
I looked at the royal family's homepage and calendar and couldn't find your opinion correct. What do you base this on? Just your opinion?

Instead it seems to me that the regent couple, prince Joachim and princess Benedikte works a lot. Fred and Mary have a new baby so it's not very surprising that they want to stay home as much as they can these first months. This I have taken from kongehuset.dk:

10/01 06H.K.H. Kronprinsen til stede ved verdenspremieren på en ny 3D-film i Planetariet, København, kl. 20.00.05/01 06H.K.H. Kronprinsessen afholder nytårskur for sine protektioner i Chr. VIIIs Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 11.00.05/01 06Nytårskur på Christiansborg Slot således: Kl. 09:30 Forsvaret og Beredskabsstyrelsen. Kl. 10.00 I., II. og III. Rangklasse. Kl. 12.00 Landsorganisationer og Protektioner. H.M. Dronningen og H.K.H. Prinsgemalen kører i karet fra Amalienborg til Christiansborg Slot, eskorteret af Gardehusarregimentets Hesteskorte. Afgang Amalienborg kl. 09.00. Ankomst Christiansborg Slot kl. 09.25. Efter kuren køres i karet fra Christiansborg Slot til Amalienborg. 04/01 06Nytårskur for Det Diplomatiske Korps på Christiansborg Slot, kl. 11.30.04/01 06Nytårskur for Højesteret og de to Garderegimenters vagtgående officerer i Chr. VII's Palæ, kl. 09.50.01/01 06Nykårskur- og taffel for Regeringen, repræsentanter for det officielle Danmark og Hoffet i Chr. VII’s Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 19.00.31/12 05H.M. Dronningen holder sin nytårstale i Chr. IX’s Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 18.00.31/12 05Residens Amalienborg.22/12 05Residens på Marselisborg Slot til den 30. december.21/12 05Statsråd på Christiansborg Slot, kl. 09.30.19/12 05H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra aflægger besøg for Børnecancerfonden på Rigshospitalet afsnit 5054, København, kl. 11.00.18/12 05D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen overværer støttekoncert for Pakistan i Cirkusbygningen, København, kl. 19.00.16/12 05H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra foretager legatoverrækkelse i Prins Joachims og Prinsesse Alexandras Fond i Chr. VIII’s Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 11.00 - 12.00.14/12 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte deltager som protektor i Sankt Annæ Pigekors julekoncert i Helligåndskirken på Strøget, København, kl. 19.30.13/12 05H.M. Dronningen overværer Det Kongelige Nordiske Oldskriftselskabs møde på Nationalmuseet, Ny Vestergade 10, København, kl. 20.00.12/12 05Offentlig audiens på Christiansborg Slot, kl. 10.00.09/12 05Ambassadørmodtagelse på Christiansborg Slot fra Mali, Ghana, Rumænien, Afghanistan, New Zealand og Tyrkiet, kl. 10.00 - 13.00.08/12 05H.K.H. Prinsgemalen deltager i middag i Magasinpressens Redaktørforening på Hotel Phoenix i Bredgade, København, kl. 19.00.07/12 05H.M. Dronningen afholder statsråd på Christiansborg Slot, kl. 09.30.06/12 05H.M. Dronningen deltager i Det Kongelige Danske Geografiske Selskabs møde på Nationalmuseet i København, kl. 19.30.06/12 05H.K.H. Prinsgemalen deltager i Europa Nostra Rådsmøde og Forum i Bruxelles til den 7. december.05/12 05Residens på Amalienborg.04/12 05H.K.H. Prins Joachim deltager ved lanceringen af The ABC 2015 Network og åbningen af H.C. Andersen udstilling på Bibliotheca Alexandrina i Alexandria, Egypten til den 7. december.02/12 05H.K.H. Prins Joachim forestår åbningen af Det Kongelige Biblioteks historiske udstilling ”Magtspillet – Danmark og Napoleon 1799-1815” i Dronningesalen, Den Sorte Diamant, København, kl. 16.00.02/12 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte overrækker Hydro Texaco Idrætslegater på Buddingevej 195, Søborg, kl. 14.00.02/12 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte forestår den officielle åbning af OK-Handicap botilbud for fysisk handicappede ”Koglerne”, Skovbrynet 1, Jyllinge, kl. 10.30.02/12 05H.K.H. Kronprinsen er regent til den 5. december.01/12 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte deltager i mødet i Pigespejdernes Fællesråd, De Grønne Pigespejdere, Rosenborggade 3, København, kl. 19.00.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

"Ah, one sincerely hopes so, lashinka :) but its a different role. One of the reporters very aptly said that as a journalist Letizia had to learn what to say and do and now as Princess, she has to learn what NOT to say or do."

True, but that at least will apply to all Royal women (and men!) who have come from a non-Royal background! It's no longer possible for them to speak and act in the way they used to and I imagine it's is something that in time they will accept and realise. Some may make a few blunders along the way but that's just part of the learning process.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Really? There is no harder working royal than that of the Monarch. This goes for any royal family!

"MII"
It's just an opinion. :-)
Old 01-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan
I looked at the royal family's homepage and calendar and couldn't find your opinion correct. What do you base this on? Just your opinion?

Instead it seems to me that the regent couple, prince Joachim and princess Benedikte works a lot. Fred and Mary have a new baby so it's not very surprising that they want to stay home as much as they can these first months. This I have taken from kongehuset.dk:
Yes, it is my opinion. I see far more of Princess Alexandra than anyone else. To be fair, I don't follow them as well as I follow, say, the Luxembourg Grand Ducal family, but every time I open a magazine, it's "Princess Alexandra this" and "Princess Alexandra that", talking about her charitable activities and so on.
Also, I don't read Danish, so there's no point in posting their calendar if I can't read it......:-D