The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
The point with dissapointing royals, is the fact that most of them live off public money, and have done nothing to deserve the money besides being born into the right family. It is not unfair to expect of them, who have the best oppurtunity in the world for a good education to behave, at least in public in a more decent ethical way than the rest of us, isn't it?!
In very many countries there are many more then Royals living from public money but they haven't the same mediapressure on them and we often don't care about politicians if they have the right clothes or not. If one should look up on everyone living from public money I would say there arent many "deserving their money". How many of us can name leading politicans in small nations? Not many I suppose. But we know everything the Royal houses, even about small children being newly born. I think Royals often behaves better then other officals. But they have a stronger pressure because the whole world is watching.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
To study what?? Haakon is too old to study, he now should stay with his people. as regards Mette-Marit, while studying in London she was very often cought by Paparazzis, in a creasy shopping, with enormeous bags Gucci and Prada....
I do not care, but I have Norwegian friends who told me that they were furious .....
Needless to say, I strong disagree with your comment that "Haakon is too old to study. First of all, you are never to old to learn ANYTHING and secondly, Haakon was in London to continue his studies at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), where he read international politics, concentrating on development studies. And as a future monarch, that's not a bad thing to know.

In regards to the Mette-Marit, she also took a course in London (which I can't find the info for at this particular time).

Old 11-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Needless to say, I strong disagree with your comment that "Haakon is too old to study. First of all, you are never to old to learn ANYTHING and secondly, Haakon was in London to continue his studies at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), where he read international politics, concentrating on development studies. And as a future monarch, that's not a bad thing to know.

In regards to the Mette-Marit, she also took a course in London (which I can't find the info for at this particular time).
In a complex, changing world like ours it is of vital importance to be up-to-date. So it's very commendable of Haakoon to study, I think. It's not frivolous drinking parties at fraternities what he did.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
What's all that talk about: You have to be royal, super-royal, mega-royal to be worthy - and the Monacos are just trash. I'm sorry to brake this to you but: All of these you're talking about are just people and I don't get what gets you so 'on' if you see them walking around and acting as if they swallowed a stick. What we need is people, humans, runaways, funny guys, honest girls, some of flesh and blood who have no fear to show they are -and some who care about life as it is : UP AND DOWN ...
A very interesting forum this Royal chit chat one...
You are definitely on something with that word trash The entire Monagasque royal family seems to be mixing mainly with just some Mediterranean Eurotrash laundering money there, none of them seeming to spend any time doing anything worthwhile with their time. Albert has no charachter, no charisma, no principles, no wit, no spine. And oh, he has the most un-inspiring looks too - one could have thought the most beautiful woman in the world and quite a handsome man like Rainier could have produced a little more dashing heir...

-L
Old 11-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Now, don't hold back Lisamaria!
Old 11-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
If you compare in ex with Mette Marit, this was a catastrophy.... after her marriage she abandonned her country and she escaped for almost a year in London, which is unacceptable for a CrownPrince, to escape her own country....
I wonder if that was such a bad thing to do - after all the commotion surrounding her wedding, maybe it was quite clever to get some distance to Norway and get used to it all and let people calm down. It took some pressure of her, I'm sure. And now they are in Norway, obviously taking their roles seriously.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

In regards to Haakon and Mette-Marit's year of study in London: This thread is about 2005, which means that that is really off-topic here. If you really want to discuss it further, I suggest either finding a relevant thread in the appropriate sub-forum, or starting one. Reading up on the relevant, existing news threads, would probably not hurt either.

Further discussion about it in this thread (either to defend or accuse) will be deleted.

Norwegianne.
TRF Moderator
Old 11-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
In regards to Haakon and Mette-Marit's year of study in London: This thread is about 2005, which means that that is really off-topic here.
Sorry, norwegianne. The topic had been brought up above.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
if i'm not mistaken, Mette-Marit study in School of Oriental & African Studies.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Courtier

I'm not disappointed with Letizia, though. She seems to have mastered her job, she seemed to be very relaxed and happy at times, looked nice and even managed not to look too anorectic. She doesn't seem to be arrogant either; sometimes thoughtful and sometimes tired, but don't we all? So, what more could one want?
I'm disappointed with the British Royals, though. Not one colourful character! Not a teensy-weensy scandal! All of them settling into uneventful middle-age. Boring.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I like Letizia. It seems that people who like Maxima don't like Letizia and people who like Letizia don't like Maxima. People who like Mary don't like Maxima, etc etc.
It has always been apparent to me that those who are pro Mary are anti Letizia and visa versa.

But, I really like Letizia. She is beautiful women and I would want no other Princess of Asturias!

"MII"
Old 11-25-2005, 05:46 PM

Quote:
But, I really like Letizia. She is beautiful women and I would want no other Princess of Asturias!
Here Here Margrethe II!
Old 11-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
She seems to have mastered her job.
Mastered?... I dont think so.

I dont think after a year and a bit of marriage that one can say someone has mastered their position, least of all a Crown Princess and future Queen Consort. I do believe they have all made amazing transitions and are executing their new roles wonderfully but to say that someone has already mastered being a Crown Princess (Princess of Asturias)....I dont think it possible.

"MII"
Old 11-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
It has always been apparent to me that those who are pro Mary are anti Letizia and visa versa.

"MII"
Not necessarily. I like both! :)
Old 11-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Not necessarily. I like both! :)
Just quietly....same :)

I should have made myself more clear...I mean a substantial majority, not everyone.

Although I think we can tell which one I am "devoted" to

"MII"
Old 11-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Mastered?... I dont think so.

I dont think after a year and a bit of marriage that one can say someone has mastered their position, least of all a Crown Princess and future Queen Consort. I do believe they have all made amazing transitions and are executing their new roles wonderfully but to say that someone has already mastered being a Crown Princess (Princess of Asturias)....I dont think it possible.

"MII"
That's what I meant. She isn't a pro yet, but she's done her work perfectly fine without any major blunders.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
That's what I meant. She isn't a pro yet, but she's done her work perfectly fine without any major blunders.
Smilla,

Thank you for clarifying.

"MII"
Old 11-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am Spanish, and believe that to Letizia there has happened what had happened to her to any other woman who was marrying the Prince of Asturias, no woman would have been sufficiently good ever, to all we they would have found some fault. We are charmed with criticizing.
Nevertheless, the surveys demonstrate that the Princes of Asturias are valued enough. There is a small sector of the press that has discovered that to invent lies on Letizia gives them reputation and money. But Leonor's birth has broken many schemes, many journalists affirmed that he was a male (some saying certifications barnarities), and when she was born a girl was an authentic surprise. The credibility of some is increasingly low. The people who always criticize make more noise.

Today in day the Queen Sofia is wanted by the people, and very respected ... but her beginning was not not easy at all. She had the difficult things initially..... and she was a princess.

Letizia will need time to there be gained the fondness and the respect of the people, and she will gain it with her work, and being able to be near the people. It is only a question of time, and of that they can do the things well.If she can be near the people she will be gained the Spanish.

In Spain it is in the habit of saying that we estimate the foreign thing, and we are very critical with ours, and possibly be true. I believe that we go on from the love to the hatred with many facility ... we raise and lower the people rapidly ... sometimes it is better to ascend slow to come even surer site.

This week in the Spanish television they did an article on 30 Don Juan Carlos' anniversary as King; in it they collaborated you present how Gorvachov. Koffi Annan, Ricardo Lagos. Jorge Sampaio and Bill Clinton. Since well Bill Clinton remembered that recently he had had lunch with the Kings, with the Prince and his wife ... and he said that she was an extraordinary woman, without nobody was asking anything him on her ... it was called me the attention.
The time puts the things in his site, it will be necessary to wait.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Courtier

Iula, it's nice to read a positive opinion about Letizia after all that venom that has been spread about her. Thanks.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Yes Lula, that was an excellent and refreshing response to the negative opinions that have been posted in this thread.

Closed Thread