Most disappointing Royal 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Danish royals. Particularly Queen Margrethe who has done so little this year. Mary was the most hard working then she went on maternity leave and now only Alexandra performs royal duties. Last time we saw the Danes was on a hunting trip. They seem to do fewer royal duties every year. What's up with them?

BeatrixFan said:
I like Letizia. It seems that people who like Maxima don't like Letizia and people who like Letizia don't like Maxima. People who like Mary don't like Maxima, etc etc. I think Letizia is a brilliant addition to the SRF and she seems to have a good way with the public. To be fair, she's had to concentrate on being pregnant and now raising a daughter, quite soon after her wedding - so she hasn't had time to do as much as say Maxima has. Mary is in a similar situation.

I agree Beatrixfan. I believe that most of the current crown princesses have had to endure some criticism from the public and press at some point. Each woman brings her own unique qualities to the role and each has learned this role in a rather quickly in my opinion, in addition to adjusting to married life and motherhood.

I have to agree with the folks who are saying the entire Danish royal family. They don't seem to be doing much of anything these days. It's a shame. Princess Alexandra is the hardest working one and she's not even married to Prince Joachim anymore. >.<

Idriel said:
Lala is quite a ground-breaking precursor. She is an educated modern woman and a public persona. Now that's the very important point. Just a question: have you ever seen M6 mother? Have you ever heard her speak, express an opinion, take an initiative? If yes, please report.
Lala is very implicated in public life, she is her own woman, she goes out without a veil (I have nothing against the veil, but you will admit it's quite daring considering her husband's family traditions). I agree her personal achievements charity-wise are not comparable to the one of Mathilde of Belgium, for example. However she is the first Moroccan Queen valued as a woman, an entity and a person, not just as a baby maker. I believe she has done more for feminism in Morocco in one year that anyone else.
So, IMO, she has nothing to do in this thread.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT !!!!

Before having an opinion for each CP, we should examinated the mentality of where people live. It is more strong and innovating and consequently difficult and daring for Lala Salma to make these innovations accepted from her people, than in example to make Norwegians accept a former drugged and a single mother as a future Queen. It's the same idea that Spanish would never have accepted Eva Sannum because of her bra and bra-less pic, but Norwegians accepted MM despite her past. Every people has it's own mentality and capacity of "revolution" and royals have to deal with.
King Mohamed is considered to be a very open and modern Monarch and he choosed a wife according to that, but he has to respect his people. IMO she is doing much much things and very well.

Most disappointing Royal? Easily Lalla Salma, another year and very little achieved by the woman. Her sister-in-laws put her to shame.

suturegeisha said:
Princess Alexandra is the hardest working one

Really? There is no harder working royal than that of the Monarch. This goes for any royal family!

"MII"

Last edited:
suturegeisha said:
I have to agree with the folks who are saying the entire Danish royal family. They don't seem to be doing much of anything these days. It's a shame. Princess Alexandra is the hardest working one and she's not even married to Prince Joachim anymore. >.<

I looked at the royal family's homepage and calendar and couldn't find your opinion correct. What do you base this on? Just your opinion?

Instead it seems to me that the regent couple, prince Joachim and princess Benedikte works a lot. Fred and Mary have a new baby so it's not very surprising that they want to stay home as much as they can these first months. This I have taken from kongehuset.dk:

10/01 06H.K.H. Kronprinsen til stede ved verdenspremieren på en ny 3D-film i Planetariet, København, kl. 20.00.05/01 06H.K.H. Kronprinsessen afholder nytårskur for sine protektioner i Chr. VIIIs Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 11.00.05/01 06Nytårskur på Christiansborg Slot således: Kl. 09:30 Forsvaret og Beredskabsstyrelsen. Kl. 10.00 I., II. og III. Rangklasse. Kl. 12.00 Landsorganisationer og Protektioner. H.M. Dronningen og H.K.H. Prinsgemalen kører i karet fra Amalienborg til Christiansborg Slot, eskorteret af Gardehusarregimentets Hesteskorte. Afgang Amalienborg kl. 09.00. Ankomst Christiansborg Slot kl. 09.25. Efter kuren køres i karet fra Christiansborg Slot til Amalienborg. 04/01 06Nytårskur for Det Diplomatiske Korps på Christiansborg Slot, kl. 11.30.04/01 06Nytårskur for Højesteret og de to Garderegimenters vagtgående officerer i Chr. VII's Palæ, kl. 09.50.01/01 06Nykårskur- og taffel for Regeringen, repræsentanter for det officielle Danmark og Hoffet i Chr. VII’s Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 19.00.31/12 05H.M. Dronningen holder sin nytårstale i Chr. IX’s Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 18.00.31/12 05Residens Amalienborg.22/12 05Residens på Marselisborg Slot til den 30. december.21/12 05Statsråd på Christiansborg Slot, kl. 09.30.19/12 05H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra aflægger besøg for Børnecancerfonden på Rigshospitalet afsnit 5054, København, kl. 11.00.18/12 05D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen overværer støttekoncert for Pakistan i Cirkusbygningen, København, kl. 19.00.16/12 05H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra foretager legatoverrækkelse i Prins Joachims og Prinsesse Alexandras Fond i Chr. VIII’s Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 11.00 - 12.00.14/12 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte deltager som protektor i Sankt Annæ Pigekors julekoncert i Helligåndskirken på Strøget, København, kl. 19.30.13/12 05H.M. Dronningen overværer Det Kongelige Nordiske Oldskriftselskabs møde på Nationalmuseet, Ny Vestergade 10, København, kl. 20.00.12/12 05Offentlig audiens på Christiansborg Slot, kl. 10.00.09/12 05Ambassadørmodtagelse på Christiansborg Slot fra Mali, Ghana, Rumænien, Afghanistan, New Zealand og Tyrkiet, kl. 10.00 - 13.00.08/12 05H.K.H. Prinsgemalen deltager i middag i Magasinpressens Redaktørforening på Hotel Phoenix i Bredgade, København, kl. 19.00.07/12 05H.M. Dronningen afholder statsråd på Christiansborg Slot, kl. 09.30.06/12 05H.M. Dronningen deltager i Det Kongelige Danske Geografiske Selskabs møde på Nationalmuseet i København, kl. 19.30.06/12 05H.K.H. Prinsgemalen deltager i Europa Nostra Rådsmøde og Forum i Bruxelles til den 7. december.05/12 05Residens på Amalienborg.04/12 05H.K.H. Prins Joachim deltager ved lanceringen af The ABC 2015 Network og åbningen af H.C. Andersen udstilling på Bibliotheca Alexandrina i Alexandria, Egypten til den 7. december.02/12 05H.K.H. Prins Joachim forestår åbningen af Det Kongelige Biblioteks historiske udstilling ”Magtspillet – Danmark og Napoleon 1799-1815” i Dronningesalen, Den Sorte Diamant, København, kl. 16.00.02/12 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte overrækker Hydro Texaco Idrætslegater på Buddingevej 195, Søborg, kl. 14.00.02/12 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte forestår den officielle åbning af OK-Handicap botilbud for fysisk handicappede ”Koglerne”, Skovbrynet 1, Jyllinge, kl. 10.30.02/12 05H.K.H. Kronprinsen er regent til den 5. december.01/12 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte deltager i mødet i Pigespejdernes Fællesråd, De Grønne Pigespejdere, Rosenborggade 3, København, kl. 19.00.

"Ah, one sincerely hopes so, lashinka :) but its a different role. One of the reporters very aptly said that as a journalist Letizia had to learn what to say and do and now as Princess, she has to learn what NOT to say or do."

True, but that at least will apply to all Royal women (and men!) who have come from a non-Royal background! It's no longer possible for them to speak and act in the way they used to and I imagine it's is something that in time they will accept and realise. Some may make a few blunders along the way but that's just part of the learning process.

Margrethe II said:
Really? There is no harder working royal than that of the Monarch. This goes for any royal family!

"MII"

It's just an opinion. :)

Cissan said:
I looked at the royal family's homepage and calendar and couldn't find your opinion correct. What do you base this on? Just your opinion?

Instead it seems to me that the regent couple, prince Joachim and princess Benedikte works a lot. Fred and Mary have a new baby so it's not very surprising that they want to stay home as much as they can these first months. This I have taken from kongehuset.dk:

Yes, it is my opinion. I see far more of Princess Alexandra than anyone else. To be fair, I don't follow them as well as I follow, say, the Luxembourg Grand Ducal family, but every time I open a magazine, it's "Princess Alexandra this" and "Princess Alexandra that", talking about her charitable activities and so on.
Also, I don't read Danish, so there's no point in posting their calendar if I can't read it......:-D

I have named Crown Princess Letizia of Spain as the most diasappointing Royal of 2005 but now, looking back at the past year, I must admit changing my view. She didn't actually do anything that would make me feel disappointed. And it was a difficult year for her either; getting used to Royal life, responsibilities, pregnancy, new born daughter... Nope, I think she wasn't disappointing at all. And I don't know any Royal who did something that made me disappointed. They were all brilliant in 2005, hope they will continue that way in 2006!

Last edited:
lisamaria said:
A very interesting forum this Royal chit chat one...
You are definitely on something with that word trash :D The entire Monagasque royal family seems to be mixing mainly with just some Mediterranean Eurotrash laundering money there, none of them seeming to spend any time doing anything worthwhile with their time. Albert has no charachter, no charisma, no principles, no wit, no spine. And oh, he has the most un-inspiring looks too - one could have thought the most beautiful woman in the world and quite a handsome man like Rainier could have produced a little more dashing heir...:eek:

-L
I though I had made clear what I meant.
You can go on judging people you don't know anything about and think you're far better and worth much more ... you won't change anything.

It must be hard to cope with so much trash around when one is as perfect as you are.

Why don't you guys stick to your own lives? :mad:

Hey, can we all respect each other and each others opinions? I think there is room for everyone's opinion and feelings here.

For me the most disappointing royal is King Abdullah of Jordan. He is always going on about human rights and how he is promoting them and yet he has made the laws in Jordan more draconian, with journalists being denied free speech and people facing jail terms up to 3 years if they insult or make fun of the royal family on the internet or in print.

For someone who spends so much time banging on about freedom and human rights, he should offer his people some real democracy :mad:

Most disappointing Royal 2005?

My selection would be Prince Albert II of Monaco.
Reason: the whole baby scandal, the way both parents handled it and Albert not letting his son carry his name. The other day we saw in the USA's highway I-84 a truck with the logo Grimaldi on it. Someone has a packing business or something. So, Albert, as they say in the USA, your name ain't that special :p
You should have let the kid have it, or at least give him a name associated to the family or Monaco the way monarchs used to in the past when there were other side children besides the official ones.

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:
i don't know who's to blame..
but..

i'm really dissapointed the Norwegian RF doesn't make Prince Sverre Magnus a HRH !!

I`m so agree with you. Thats really stupid!!

Oh, I forgot about that issue! Now that was really tacky not giving the baby the Royal Highness title.

ysbel said:
Not necessarily. I like both! :)

Agree!
I like both Crown princesses as they are both so different . I find it difficult to even compare them anyway. I like all of the CP's - they are all unique in their own way. I enjoy reading about them all.:)

I usually write bad things about people on this forum (so much fun!), but the negative comments about the Princess of Asturias have inspired me to offer some positive words in her defense.

Really, she was the soul of propriety, turning out in immaculate, crisp (sometimes a bit boring, sometimes very nice) outfits to do her official acts with the Prince. She sits like a perfect lady, stands like a perfect lady, shakes hands and smiles like a perfect lady. She has produced the beautiful baby and seems thrilled to have accomplished that. She seems gracious, and has maintained her relationships with her family, to whom she is obviously close. I'm trying really, really hard, but I can't see anything bad.

There's a lot that can be said about Prince Albert, Prince Harry, even possibly Prince Joachim, depending on how you feel about the divorce, but the Princess of Asturias really hasn't done anything, said anything or conveyed anything that can be complained about. If she had I'd be the first to point it out.

I used to have a strong distaste for the Grimaldi's but then I stopped judging them based on just the surface facts and really looked at the whole story. I used to think really poorly of Caroline for having three marriages but then I actually looked into them. The first time she was just too young to know better, the second time he died and the third one she loves. (Though I think she loved Stefano too.) All three children of Rainer have gained a lot of dignity and maturity since thier father's death. Over the last year I've grown to really like them.

I'm pretty disapointed with Louis of Luxembourg for having an illegitament child at 19.

fandesacs2003 said:
I agree for her day outfits. But do not forget that Eva Sannum lost Prince Felipe, as all the Spaniards were outraged from this blue gown she wore in Prince Haakon's wedding. I've found her magnificient and marvellous, but this outfit was considered not appropriate to a future Queen. So Letizia, who is very clever prefers to be boring than to shock. Rememeber all her first public appearances, she was fully covered..... we did not see her decolleté-neck..... this was not an hasard....
And of course she has not the extremely sense of style of Princess Mary.. but this is rare.

but don't you find unfair and unjust that she lost prince Felipe because she chose an outfit considered not appropirate??

Saturn said:
but don't you find unfair and unjust that she lost prince Felipe because she chose an outfit considered not appropirate??

That's not the only reason she and Felipe broke up....Spaniards didn't like her and couldn't see her as their future queen...a Norwegian underwear model.
She tried- she even started catechism lessons in the Catholic church and began learning Spanish- but it was no avail. They didn't like her and would never have accepted her as a head of state.

i am glad that all has different opinions and not one royal that gets all the votes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom