The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 11-25-2005, 03:27 AM
Lil princess lost's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
The point with dissapointing royals, is the fact that most of them live off public money, and have done nothing to deserve the money besides being born into the right family. It is not unfair to expect of them, who have the best oppurtunity in the world for a good education to behave, at least in public in a more decent ethical way than the rest of us, isn't it?!
I so agree
__________________

  #82  
Old 11-25-2005, 03:55 AM
Avalon's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,906
I originally wanted to name Prince Albert as the most disappointing Royal of 2005 (mainly becasue loads of people here did so) but I suddenly understood that I not only like him very much but also admire the way he handled the whole matter with his illegitimate son. I think he performed magnificently during this whole difficult (for him) year.
I think the most disappointing Royal is arguably Crown Princess Letizia of Spain. I do like her very much but I also expected a bit more from the wife of the future King of Spain and a former successful journalist.
__________________

__________________
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
  #83  
Old 11-25-2005, 03:56 AM
nayralorenzo's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canarias, Spain
Posts: 230
I am dissapointed in Letizia too. She is now nothing that she was...no fresh, no natural, only protocol and she make many stupid things. Really I don't understand her.
__________________
If I help only a person to have hope, I will not live for nothing.
Favourite royal: Maxima
  #84  
Old 11-25-2005, 04:34 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayralorenzo
I am dissapointed in Letizia too. She is now nothing that she was...no fresh, no natural, only protocol and she make many stupid things. Really I don't understand her.

Which many stupid things??? Do you have an example???
  #85  
Old 11-25-2005, 05:34 AM
nayralorenzo's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canarias, Spain
Posts: 230
I have many examples...one of them is that in the meeting for the 30 Anniversary of the King, she weared this skirt and it was totally out of place, with her panties marked.
Her character is very different now to the one she had when she arrived in the Royal family. She is so proud, so unpleasant.
I think that the King and the Queen are very sad because of her...it's something that everybody here in Spain comment.
__________________
If I help only a person to have hope, I will not live for nothing.
Favourite royal: Maxima
  #86  
Old 11-25-2005, 05:44 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayralorenzo
I think that the King and the Queen are very sad because of her...it's something that everybody here in Spain comment.
Do our Spanish members have an opinion on this? Are the King and Queen truly "very sad"?
  #87  
Old 11-25-2005, 05:46 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayralorenzo
I have many examples...one of them is that in the meeting for the 30 Anniversary of the King, she weared this skirt and it was totally out of place, with her panties marked.
Her character is very different now to the one she had when she arrived in the Royal family. She is so proud, so unpleasant.
I think that the King and the Queen are very sad because of her...it's something that everybody here in Spain comment.
My view on Letizia is totally different. I think that, of all european crownprincesses she received most scrutany from the press before/during her marriage. To me she seems to be perfectionist and afraid to make mistakes. Also, I assume that the spanish court found it wise to keep the profile of the crown princess low, to let Spain get accustomed to the idea that this well-known woman is now their crownprincess.

Her like her style very much and I do not see what was wrong with it, I actually liked what she wore in Madrid at the celebrations. I prefer her style over that of many other crownprincess, although I would like her with a hat (she seems to dislike them, as her mother-in-law does).

The Queen seems genuinely fond, while looking at her daughter-in-law.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #88  
Old 11-25-2005, 06:30 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayralorenzo
I have many examples...one of them is that in the meeting for the 30 Anniversary of the King, she weared this skirt and it was totally out of place, with her panties marked.
Her character is very different now to the one she had when she arrived in the Royal family. She is so proud, so unpleasant.
I think that the King and the Queen are very sad because of her...it's something that everybody here in Spain comment.
It's not impossible that she become arrogant. Coming from where she comes, I mean a really low-middle class, she managed the impossible!!! Marry the Prince of Asturias!!!!!!!
The most eligible and handsome bachelor in this world!!!!!
Where a real aristocrat,well educated, speaking 5 languages like Isabel Sartorius failed, because she just had a divorced father.. (divorced but married with the Princess Nora of Lichtenstein).. and a wonderful beauty like Eva Sannum also failed because she was foreigner and former model..., and Letizia succeed, despite her previous marriage and her modest roots!!!

I do not say that she was nothing!!! I say that in the royal eyes of King JK and Queen Sophia, they would have dreamed better for their only son. Queen Sophia was doughter of King, sister of former King and Quuen herself, she has 2 german Kaisers in her family... she would have dreamed better than people like Letizia's maternal grandfather, entering into her family... But Letizia succeed against all, could be understandable that she is arrogant, if it is true.
What are our Spaniards say?? Is she arrogant now???
  #89  
Old 11-25-2005, 06:58 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,004
Queen Sofia stated more then once that her anscestery doesn't mean that much to her, other then they refer to places in Germany. I do not think she or the king object that much about the family backgrounds of their children-in-law. They probably see, like most of us, that times change and hope that their children will find happines in their respective marriages
.
How do you know the ladies you mention were found not good enough to marry the Prince of the Asturias for the reasons you mention? That is mere speculation by the press! Maybe there were other reasons and probably the prince did not care for them enough to marry them.

I actually was pleasantly surprised that the crownprince married this woman, who comes from a normal family and who build up her own carreer, she must have a strong personality.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #90  
Old 11-25-2005, 07:22 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Queen Sofia stated more then once that her anscestery doesn't mean that much to her, other then they refer to places in Germany. I do not think she or the king object that much about the family backgrounds of their children-in-law. They probably see, like most of us, that times change and hope that their children will find happines in their respective marriages
.
How do you know the ladies you mention were found not good enough to marry the Prince of the Asturias for the reasons you mention? That is mere speculation by the press! Maybe there were other reasons and probably the prince did not care for them enough to marry them.

I actually was pleasantly surprised that the crownprince married this woman, who comes from a normal family and who build up her own carreer, she must have a strong personality.
Of course she has a strong personnality, this is absolutely sure. As about the former Felipe's girlfriends, IS & ES, i've read many articles, especially in royalty magasines, among others Point de Vue, which is a very serious royal french magazine never publishing trashes, which published many opinions of well known Spaniards close to the royal circles, and all these opinions are quite parallel.
As regards Spain royal couple, dont'mix their three in laws . Infanta Elena's husband is a Grand d'Espagne, so absolutely acceptable. Infanta Christina's may not be aristocrat, but Christina was third in the succession line, and point is less important.
But for the heir to the throne.... this is very important.... and his parents / people dreamed for him the best. Of course his parents were intelligent and they accepted his choice, but on the beginning they seemed not happy at all. Letizia could be intelligent and wonderfull, and she seems to learn very quickly, but look at King and Quen's faces in the engagement day. They do not like illuminated by hapiness. It reminds me late Princess Grace face whe Caroline was marrying Junot.... destroyed and trying to smile.

And how do you think that the Royal couple felt, when in the official dinner (the day before the wedding, or the same day, I'm not sure), when Letizia's father pronounced a speech in fron of ALL the invited persons, and he said that
QUOTE
since my doughter was a child she always dreamed to become a Princess(!!!!!!!) but this is not important because in our days Kings are useless(!!!!!!!)
UNQUOTE
My source : Point de Vue, reported by Aristocrat designer Agatha Ruiz de la Prada, which was present.

This kind of words show a stupid person, but also unpolite. Letizias father was at this moment hosted by the King, and he offenced him....

As regards Letizia's carrier building, she was too young, and we could not be sure what would have her carrier become, without meeting the Prince of Asturias. Do not forget that the last months of her carrier big successes she was already with him, this may have helped. When she presented the news edition, and become known by all the country, she was ALREADY dating him.
  #91  
Old 11-25-2005, 07:35 AM
CRIS's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Palmas, Spain
Posts: 200
I don`t understand because say that the kings do not want to Letizia? Which many stupid things??? she weared this skirt and it was totally out of place, with her panties marked? I feel it but I do not understand what you say?
  #92  
Old 11-25-2005, 07:54 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,667
Charlotte Casiraghi expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
So true
What should we expect from Charlotte Casiraghi??? she is a young student, 19th years old, and she has no official title. She even does not live in Monaco.

In her age what are the other royals doing??? Studying and walking around.
  #93  
Old 11-25-2005, 07:56 AM
nayralorenzo's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canarias, Spain
Posts: 230
I have asked many of my friends and everybody says she is arrogant...it's something normal here in Spain to hear this.
And she of course don't speak 5 lenguages!!!! She speaks Spanish and a little of English...
__________________
If I help only a person to have hope, I will not live for nothing.
Favourite royal: Maxima
  #94  
Old 11-25-2005, 08:13 AM
CRIS's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Palmas, Spain
Posts: 200
In Spain the journalists have done who people think things of letizia that they are not. In addition you do not have because to generalize. That of which the Spaniards do not want it is lie. I am Spanish, and Letizia is not arrogant.

And because you have you say the one of the languages? I do not understand that you criticize it, by idiot things or because your friends think that.
  #95  
Old 11-25-2005, 08:15 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayralorenzo
I have many examples...one of them is that in the meeting for the 30 Anniversary of the King, she weared this skirt and it was totally out of place, with her panties marked.
Her character is very different now to the one she had when she arrived in the Royal family. She is so proud, so unpleasant.
I think that the King and the Queen are very sad because of her...it's something that everybody here in Spain comment.
Are you talking about the yesterday's celebration? wearing the blue skirt and dark suit??? What wrong with that skirt? All royal women wear short skirt in this pic.
Can you post the link for the pic??
Thks
  #96  
Old 11-25-2005, 08:22 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,388
Well I don't know much about Letizia but I do know that one of the journalists said at her marriage that as a journalist she had to learn what to say and do and now as a princess she has to learn what NOT to say or do. No wonder she comes across as dull and a little bit arrogant.

I wish them the best and as much as a royal follower as I am, I don't think the role of crown princess is going to be satisfying for a strong-minded, ambitious career woman.

I hope Felipe's and Letizia's personal relationship is strong enough to withstand the pressure.
  #97  
Old 11-25-2005, 08:33 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Well I don't know much about Letizia but I do know that one of the journalists said at her marriage that as a journalist she had to learn what to say and do and now as a princess she has to learn what NOT to say or do. No wonder she comes across as dull and a little bit arrogant.

I wish them the best and as much as a royal follower as I am, I don't think the role of crown princess is going to be satisfying for a strong-minded, ambitious career woman.

I hope Felipe's and Letizia's personal relationship is strong enough to withstand the pressure.
Considering that they are in love, and they really look being... out of this, it's creasy to believe that she should be not happy. What was she before?? An intelligent girl fighting to survive in this very difficult job, leaving in a modest appartment and running all the day around as reporter, and earning quite nothing..... All this was the big every day pressure......

So do not say now, that being married to the man she loved and who loves and support her..... knowing that she WILL NEVER have the fears we all have from our live, (i.e., to loose our job, to ran out of money.... to combine job and family....),having thousand of people to serve her for everything, dont say that she could crack, because is unfair for the million of people who fight in this world to survive.....

And do not forget that after being Crown princess whe will become a Queen, and she could have her own choices.....
  #98  
Old 11-25-2005, 08:49 AM
nayralorenzo's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canarias, Spain
Posts: 230
Become the Queen? I think Spanish people never let that happen....
I am sorry if my opinions are not the ones that you want to hear, but it's the reality of the street what I am talking about. Nothing more.
Of course, I wish a long and good live to Letizia and Felipe, but far away of Spain.
__________________
If I help only a person to have hope, I will not live for nothing.
Favourite royal: Maxima
  #99  
Old 11-25-2005, 09:00 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayralorenzo
Become the Queen? I think Spanish people never let that happen....
I am sorry if my opinions are not the ones that you want to hear, but it's the reality of the street what I am talking about. Nothing more.
Of course, I wish a long and good live to Letizia and Felipe, but far away of Spain.
Your opinion is very interesting, but why Spaniards do not want her?? Because of her non royal roots? Or because of her caracter?? Could you explain??
Thks
  #100  
Old 11-25-2005, 09:02 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
An intelligent girl fighting to survive in this very difficult job, leaving in a modest appartment and running all the day around as reporter, and earning quite nothing..... All this was the big every day pressure......

So do not say now, that being married to the man she loved and who loves and support her..... knowing that she WILL NEVER have the fears we all have from our live, (i.e., to loose our job, to ran out of money.... to combine job and family....),having thousand of people to serve her for everything, dont say that she could crack, because is unfair for the million of people who fight in this world to survive....
Letizia was a well respected reporter with a solid list of achievements which were all the more significant because she did it on her own. For some career minded men and woman having that sense of achievement is what's important, not the size of her apartment or having people to wait on you. Some people enjoy and thrive on the fight for survival, you can't be a successful career woman if you don't.

Maybe Letizia burned out of her high-pressure job but the demands on her are far different now than they were when she was a reporter. So she's going into a totally new role with totally different expectations. She may have made some unconscious assumptions of what her life as a public princess would be like based on her previous public role as reporter. That didn't really prepare her for the role of a crown princess.

At any rate, I don't think she's going to have the list of solid achievements as princess that she did as reporter. For some women that's fine but if a woman has been successful, you have to wonder if they miss the action once they marry a crown prince.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prinsjesdag 2005 The Watcher Dutch Royals 102 09-26-2010 02:53 AM
Secret Royal Meetings Warren Royal Life and Lifestyle 1 10-04-2005 08:51 AM
October 2005 Newsletter: Featuring Princess Margriet of the Netherlands GrandDuchess Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs and Articles 14 09-25-2005 12:55 PM
Royal Family of Thailand: Current Events October 2003 - August 2005 mybags Royal Family of Thailand 192 08-30-2005 10:31 AM




Popular Tags
australia beatrice borromeo best gown best outfit camilla catherine middleton style chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria crown princess victoria's maternity fashion current events current events thread duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall fashion fashion poll hereditary grand duchess stéphanie kate middleton king felipe king felipe and queen letizia king felipe vi king harald king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima picture of the week pierre casiraghi portugal prince carl philip prince frederik prince of wales princess beatrice princess charlene princess claire of luxembourg princess eugenie princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion princess sofia maternity wear princess sofia pregnancy style queen letizia queen letizia daytime fashion queen mathilde queen mathildes style queen maxima queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania style royal royal fashion spanish royals state visit sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats united states of america victoria wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:02 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises