Great Time For Royal Watchers - the coming events (visits, celebrations etc) & TV

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is on right now, the segment is'nt probaly going to air around 10:30 pm.

Phew. I just noticed this thread. I turned it on and there was Teresa Heinz Kerry. She is royal in a way. Speak several languages. Works for me. Anyway what did it say in the intro?

Mrs. Kerry does kind of seem royal, she reminds me of Queen Siliva after seeing the interview. Well, I was busy looking at my computer, then I heard royals and put lifted my head. They were saying something about the old monarchies, but the young royals are changing it. They showed pictures of H & M-M, Fred and Mary, Raina,and Leitiza.

Yes, like Silvia. But she has a mouth on her. A great mouth. She speaks her mind and that is great. Yes, it´s becoming a Pavlovian response for you too then? O, right. Of course, they mention them. Hopefully, they will mention Martha Louise too.

They talked about the upcoming Danish and Spanish weddings. Commoners marrying Princes. All about that. The paparazzi. The life too. Not much. Next week there will be more. Showed a lot of photos of the various royals. More or less one of each. Some video of Haakon and Mette-Marit dancing too.

OMG, I feel like ABm just cheated me. I'm so angery. NEXT FRIDAY???????? :angry:

Yes, more next Friday they said. Boo. They should have showed more.

im watch it! already but im sure about Crown Prince Frederick and Mary would air on 20/20 ? or what? and Crown Prince Felipe and his fiancee also will have air same 20/20 ? if need know when?

Sara Boyce

10:00 PM next Friday night is what I am seeing. Here is a brief description:

The next generation of Europe's royal families; Prince Nikolaos of Greece; Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik; Prince Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia's wedding; Zara of Britain and the Monaco princesses.

Interesting...and weird because it seemed to me that they were going to talk about the weddings next week. I mean the Danish and Spanish ones.

How many State Visits to European countries which have Royals from May to
December this year?Which countries?Or their Royals State Visits?

Crown Prince Willem Alexander of the Netherlands and his
wife Princess Maxima will pay a state visit to Turkey between May 25
and 28, 2004.

During his visit to Turkey, Crown Prince Willem Alexander will be
received by Turkish President Ahmet Necdet Sezer and Prime Minister
Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Crown Prince Willem Alexander will visit Cappadocia region in central
province of Nevsehir.

He will proceed to Istanbul on May 28 to meet with representatives of
Turkish business circles.

For all of those with access, don't forget to watch 20/20 tonight on ABC. I think that the entire show will be dedicated to royals from around the world, including an interview with Prince Nikolaos of Greece, Prince Emmanuele Filiberto of Savoy, and something on Zara and all of the royal "bad girls". There might be something on todays wedding as well. :)

The program starts at 10:00 pm Eastern, 9 Central.

Here I found this on the program:

There's just something fascinating about royalty. We are raised on fairy tales about young princes and princesses, and our curiosity about things royal survives well beyond childhood. Royals, as Britain's Prince Charles once told me in a rare interview, live in a very different environment — a climate of privilege and praise:

PRINCE CHARLES: It could be very easy just to drift into a kind of taking everything for granted position, I feel. You know, it constantly keeps me on my toes, if I've got to justify my position. Otherwise, I might just sit back and believe what people tell me. You know: how marvelous you are, and this and that and the other.

WALTERS: So you have to say to yourself, you know, that I'm not that marvelous.

PRINCE CHARLES: Well yes, or I think that otherwise you get big-headed or swollen-headed. It can lead to problems. And you need to administer a little bit of self-kicking, occasionally, you know, just to remind yourself.

Today's young royals live in a world of glamour and gossip, and walk a fine line between the traditions of the past and the public's new expectations. How are they dealing with their growing celebrity even as their power and influence wane? That's the focus of this week's 20/20, which explores the glittering world of the next generation of Europe's royal families:

• In his first ever television interview, Prince Nikolaos of Greece gives an inside look at the life of a young royal today. Bill Ritter goes behind the palace gates.

• Simon Perry, who covers royals for People magazine, tells JuJu Chang about the complicated lives of the world's most famous young royals: William and Harry.

• Deborah Roberts reports on the "real life" story of the movie Prince and Me with a visit to Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik, his fabulous palace and his commoner bride. Julia Stiles plays the young princess in the movie; you get a chance to compare the two!

• John Stossel looks at Europe's royal "bad girls," including Zara Phillips (Queen Elizabeth II's granddaughter), who has a pierced tongue and has been seen drinking and fighting with her live-in boyfriend; Princess Stephanie of Monaco, who sometimes lives in a circus trailer with her second husband, an acrobat; as well as a princess who has an illegitimate son from a past boyfriend with a drug conviction. Do princesses today really behave worse than their predecessors?

• Chris Cuomo attends the glamorous wedding of Europe's great "Pretender," Prince Emmanuele Filiberto di Savoia of Italy; who was recently welcomed back after living in exile in Geneva his entire life.

• And Chris Connelly rounds out our royal program with an essay comparing the monarchy to America's version of royalty — Hollywood celebrities. It turns out that movie celebs rule more than the box office.

I hope you'll join us for our royal adventure! That's 20/20 Friday night at 10 o'clock (9 Central) on ABC. And be sure to let us know what you think: my address is BarbaraWalters@abcnews.com.

Just a reminder to set your VCRs or to tune in later today if you have access to ABC for the royalty special tonight.

It looks like today's wedding will be covered. I just watched the beginning and there was a picture of Frederik and Mary at the church today.

Obsessed and enamored. Got that right. :p

Yeah. Great photos from the wedding.

Ugh! This is going to be a bad show, I think. Or at least not completely accurate. (Why don't they ever think to contact LTR members to fact check in the info?!)

They just said that Nikolaos is cousins with Prince William of Great Britian and said that at today's Danish wedding he sat behind his aunt and uncle, the Queen and King of Denmark! (At least they knew that his aunt and uncle were Margrethe and Henrik, however ...

Nikolaos is a good guy. Now they have video of the wedding today.

Originally posted by Alexandria@May 14th, 2004 - 10:10 pm
Ugh! This is going to be a bad show, I think. Or at least not completely accurate. (Why don't they ever think to contact LTR members to fact check in the info?!)

They just said that Nikolaos is cousins with Prince William of Great Britian and said that at today's Danish wedding he sat behind his aunt and uncle, the Queen and King of Denmark! (At least they knew that his aunt and uncle were Margrethe and Henrik, however ...
Yes, boo. And they should stop talking about William and Harry. More on the other royals, please! At least we got to see Mette-Marit and Haakon a few times. And Victoria!

Originally posted by Alexandria@May 14th, 2004 - 9:10 pm

I know!! I yelled be more accurate at the T.V. :lol: I really like the footage of F&M's wedding, I felt like a Dane. :p I hope some of J&A's wedding will be shown even for like a min. But I have a feeling we are going to hearing about Diana for about 15 mins , and how sad the boys are what Diana did. It's so old, we know Gosh!!!!!!!! :sick:

William, blah, blah, blah. Harry, blah, blah, blah, Burrell, blah, blah, blah... The more I hear the more I realize why the monarchy in Denmark has an 85 percent approval rating!

Yes, you are right. I was foolish to think anything different but at least they showed different royals. So it´s some progress.

"(Why don't they ever think to contact LTR members to fact check in the info?! "

Amen to that.

I like hearing them all speak. I was surprised how thick Nikolaos' accent is! Seeing the photos and videos are all very nice as well. Too bad we could probably all recite this information backwards and forwards. :p

That is progress indeed. An interview with Frederik!

The interviewer is Deborah Roberts, she is originally from Orlando. She worked as a reporter at one of our news stations. She lived down the road from one of my aunts. Looky there, now she is interviewing the Prince of Denmark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom