Australian Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Margrethe II said:
Right,

King of Australia - Hugh Jackman
Queen of Australia - Nicole Kidman
Crown Princess of Australia - Cate Blanchett
King Mother of Australia - Dame Joan Sutherland
Lady Canberra - Naomi Watts
Countess of Melbourne, born Princess of Victoria - Kylie Minogue
Dowager Countess of Melbourne, born Princess of Moonee Ponds - Dame Edna.
Duke & Duchess of Sydney - Geoffrey Rush & Judi Davis
Lord Bondi - 1st Earl of Darling Harbour - Russell Crowe
Duke of Perth - Heath Ledger
Count of Brisbane, Earl of the Sunshine Coast - Richard Roxburgh
Sir Outback, 1st Lord of Uluru - Keith Urban
Lord Hobart, 1st Earl of Tasmania - Eric Bana
Sir Adelaide - 1st Baron of South Australia - Mel Gibson

"MII"

I have just allocated titles to people. They may or may not hold any significant or sentimental meanning.

MII, You win the argument! That Royal group will be the most spectacular and attractive family on the face of the earth! :)
But you forgot Dame Edna!

Dame Edna is in there Toledo lol, and i replied saying that she will be one hell of a drama queen of a countess!! lol

Oh, I see her now! Sorry Edna :eek:
Thanks!

lol, how could you miss poor Edna? She will be coming after you now Toledo! Watch out! lol

.lol. Australian and Toledo...

You guys make me laugh ;) :D

"MII"

I'll be careful with Edna to make her too close to power, remember Catherine the Medici? She literally cleaned the House of Valois until her hubby became King. Remember Livia in the series I Claudius? :eek:

Australian said:
I am going to make an Australian royal family,haha I am making myself Crown Prince. I need a crown princess,
Duke and Duchess of Melbourne, and Adelaide
Count and Countess of Queensland and Perth
Ducke and Duchess of Tasmania

and King and Queen of Australia

Any takers? hahahaha

Well I am the obvious choice for Duchess of Adelaide!;)

How about:

King Harald of Australia
Queen Sonja of Australia
Crown Prince Frederick and Crown Princess Mary (of course!)
Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit of Victoria
WA and Maxima, Duke and Duchess of Queensland (Maxima would like the sun)
Madeline, Countess of New South Wales (like Dennism said she would love Bondi)
Countess Sophie and Prince Edward of Western Australia
Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita of South Australia
Princess Victoria of Tasmania (I know its Mary's home but V would be used to the cold)
:)

Warren said:
Don't eat the dates!

We have I Claudius on DVD and the other famous (or infamous) movie she made, Dune. I think Sian Phillips, who played evil Livia is one of the most under rated actresses around. She was traveling around the States doing a monologue on Marlene Dietrich: http://www.jadis.demon.co.uk/pictures/goddess.htm

Back to the fantasy thread. I think Australia is too big for a kingdom, could we upgrade it to empire? Empress Nicole Kidman sounds a little more Roman Empire than just queen Nicole. :cool:

Last edited:
In all honesty, is Australia were a stand-alone-monarchy, it would have to be an Empire. (It would just be the Commonwealth with another name), as the States of New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia and Tasmania are states in themselves (almost like those of pre-1870 Germany). They are such that Her Majesty is represented directly in each of those states by a Governor. I realise the system is far more complicated, but I fear I would confuse everyone beyond measure by attempting to explain in more detail..

Margrethe II said:
Right,Queen of Australia - Nicole Kidman
Lord Bondi - 1st Earl of Darling Harbour - Russell Crowe

Sir Adelaide - 1st Baron of South Australia - Mel Gibson
Interesting list especially since you name 3 non-native Aussies on it...:D

Pink Tulip said:
Madeline, Countess of New South Wales (like Dennism said she would love Bondi)

Princess Victoria of Tasmania (I know its Mary's home but V would be used to the cold)
:)

Yes, she would be great for Bondi. I see it now...Yes, Victoria of Tasmania. Also she would appreciate the countryside. Lots of good places to walk around. It would be like a warmer version of Sweden. Just a lot more green!

Dennism said:
Interesting list especially since you name 3 non-native Aussies on it...:D

Nicole may not have been born on Australian soil (that being Hawaii) but she is the daughter of Australian parents so she is legally a native of Australia. She had Australian citizenship from the time of her birth.

Melb Gibson may not have been born here (although lived here for much of his childhood & early adult life), but he is the grandson of an Australian norn grandmother (his mothers mother who was an opera singer) so that is good enough for me.

And Russell Crowe, well he lives here now and has married an Aussie so he pretty much is one.

"MII"

Last edited:
I saw an interview with an Australian that wanted Tasmania to become a part of Denmark and then breake the relations to Australia and the British empire. Funny thought I think

Margrethe II said:
Nicole may not have been born on Australian soil (that being Hawaii) but she is the daughter of Australian parents so she is legally a native of Australia. She had Australian citizenship from the time of her birth.

Melb Gibson may not have been born here (although lived here for much of his childhood & early adult life), but he is the grandson of an Australian norn grandmother (his mothers mother who was an opera singer) so that is good enough for me.

And Russell Crowe, well he lives here now and has married an Aussie so he pretty much is one.

"MII"

Well, I knew about Nicole and Russell. But Mel I didn't know. I think he moved to Oz when he was about 15 or so. I didn't realize he had Aussie parents. Well, these things will count if they become Aussie royals now. :)
Yes, Russell lives in Oz and keeps the police rather busy no doubt. ha ha ha. Just kidding.

betina said:
I saw an interview with an Australian that wanted Tasmania to become a part of Denmark and then breake the relations to Australia and the British empire. Funny thought I think

Bit of an identity crisis then..:)

Margrethe II said:

"MII"
I agree with you. Nicole, Mel and Russell are, and always will be Australian. Just because someone was born somewhere else, doesn't mean they're not. Being Australian is in your blood, and that doesn't necessarily mean physically - we have people here born in other countries who are just as much 'Australian' and me (and I'm 5 generations Australian on one side of my family) who acquire Australian blood, if that makes sense. It also is about which country one feels loyal to.

Dennism said:
Yes, Russell lives in Oz and keeps the police rather busy no doubt. ha ha ha. Just kidding.

.lol. Dennism...good one ;) :D

Actually, Russell keeps a low profile when home. He's either on his country estate or at his apartment at Darling Harbour....Doing things for his rugby league football club etc.

Only Mel's maternal grandmother is Australian. He's maternal grandfather is American (I think ?), as are both his paternal grandparents so his only quater Aussie ;)

It's great to see that he still attends big Australian events in Hollywood. Definitly hasn't forgotten us...

Merry Christmas Dennism.

"MII"

Danielle said:
I agree with you. Nicole, Mel and Russell are, and always will be Australian. Just because someone was born somewhere else, doesn't mean they're not. Being Australian is in your blood, and that doesn't necessarily mean physically - we have people here born in other countries who are just as much 'Australian' and me (and I'm 5 generations Australian on one side of my family) who acquire Australian blood, if that makes sense. It also is about which country one feels loyal to.

I know. It's an immigrant country too just like the US. People generally came from somewhere else and that doesn't make them less Australian or American whether it's 5 generations as in your case or, eh, 285 years in my case. Well said. You're Australian through and through. My oath you are. Uh oh, I feel a song coming on...

Margrethe II said:
.lol. Dennism...good one ;) :D

Actually, Russell keeps a low profile when home. He's either on his country estate or at his apartment at Darling Harbour....Doing things for his rugby league football club etc.

Only Mel's maternal grandmother is Australian. He's maternal grandfather is American (I think ?), as are both his paternal grandparents so his only quater Aussie ;)

It's great to see that he still attends big Australian events in Hollywood. Definitly hasn't forgotten us...

Merry Christmas Dennism.

"MII"

Yes, it's only when he's in the US that he becomes the bar-fighting, telephone-wielding crazy man...O, really. So in a way he could be considered more American than Australian. Well, he has that accent though which he has lost more and more throughout the years. Merry Christmas, mate.

does anyone here know of any royals from other countries living in Australia?

Well lawriez, there's a Romanov prince living in Sydney and there are others appearing in the Almanach de Gotha who are listed as residing in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom