2007 State Visits

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huddo

Commoner
Country
Australia
What state visits would you like to see in the comming year?......

I think it must be about time for a Swedish State visit to Great Britain by now!....:)

I would like to see a Spanish/British state visit ;)

I would like to see a spanish/danish state visit.

The Norwegian Royal couple will come to Germany in 2007- They should think about visiting Bochum :lol:

I hope for a Danish/Spanish Visit , too!

I think a Dutch/British visit is long overdue!

I'd like to see a British/Moroccan visit, Jordanian/Pakistani and British/Spanish.

I would like to see Dutch and Danish state visit- Mary and Maxima side be side :lol:

I'd like to see a Spanish/Danish visit...and why not throw in Dutch at the same time??? Has that ever been done before? All three: Maxima, Mary and Letizia together. And their all expecting!

I'd love to see Mary interacting with Letizia and/or Maxima...

I want to see visit to my native country Ukraine, to Kiev. Maybe Dutch or Danish, or even Spanish.:wub:

Yeah! I wonder when any of the Royals are going to visit San Diego, Ca??!!
When Royals visit the US, they always stick to the East coast...or like Charles and Camilla, they came to San Francisco...but that's 9 hours away from here (driving)!

how about any visit that contains a gala ball or gala dinner where royal ladies can wear gorgeous gowns and tiaras? That's all I ask.

If William would finally tie the knot we could see all of them flock to London. However this dream scenario of mine can wait until those princesses are out of their pregnancy-clothes and into glamorous designer wear again:wub:

LadyK said:
how about any visit that contains a gala ball or gala dinner where royal ladies can wear gorgeous gowns and tiaras? That's all I ask.

I think this wish will come true:
I'm sure we will see gowns and tiaras on King Harald's 70's birthday celebrations! :flowers: ( I hope it will be similar to Carl-Gustav's birthday!) The celebrations will be over 4 days.
Some month later, in June, Queen Sonja turns 70. That means: another Royal party!

Last edited:
Queen Sonja will be 70??? What???? I thought she was in her 50's, I thought King Harald was in his early 60's...they look very good for their ages! Wow!

Her_Majesty said:
I think this wish will come true:
I'm sure we will see gowns and tiaras on King Harald's 70's birthday celebrations! :flowers: ( I hope it will be similar to Carl-Gustav's birthday!) The celebrations will be over 4 days.
Some month later, in June, Queen Sonja turns 70. That means: another Royal party!

Wohoo! Do you think that Sonja and Harold will have two big parties, one big party, or a big party for him and a smaller party or family party for her?

LadyK said:
Wohoo! Do you think that Sonja and Harold will have two big parties, one big party, or a big party for him and a smaller party or family party for her?
There are already some information about that::)

King Harald V. celebrates his 70's birthday.
You can read the calendar entry to get to know what's planned.
Read it here.

Queen Sonja
Royal guests are invited to a trip with the royal yacht Norge.
Read the calendar entry here.

So there will be big party for King Harald and a smaller party for Queen Sonja.
I'm looking forward to see many Pictures of Royal Guests from all over the world.:flowers:

I would love to see a Dutch Statevisit to England!
Queen Beatrix meeting Queen Elizabeth II!

Like everyone else, I think a Visit from Spain to Denmark would be interesting, too! Letizia meeting Mary... I think I never saw this two Princesses on one picture before. Any maybe they could both present their children. Leonor meeting Christian.:)
But maybe we will see Leti and Mary on one picture when King Harald celebrates his birthday!
(I hope Felipe and Letizia will attend! .. I missed them on CG's birthday..they were the only ones that did't come :sad: )..
We will see many babybellys then! Maxima, Mary, Letizia...:)

Princess_Beatrix said:
I would love to see a Dutch Statevisit to England!
Queen Beatrix meeting Queen Elizabeth II!

Like everyone else, I think a Visit from Spain to Denmark would be interesting, too! Letizia meeting Mary... I think I never saw this two Princesses on one picture before. Any maybe they could both present their children. Leonor meeting Christian.:)
But maybe we will see Leti and Mary on one picture when King Harald celebrates his birthday!
(I hope Felipe and Letizia will attend! .. I missed them on CG's birthday..they were the only ones that did't come :sad: )..
We will see many babybellys then! Maxima, Mary, Letizia...:)

There needs to be at british State Visit to the Netherlands. Queen elizabeth II. paid a State Visit to the Netherlands in the 50's and an official Visit in 1988. She could make first the Netherlands and afterwards Belgium which she has visited in the 60's. There wasn't ad brith/belgian State-Visit since King Albert's accession in 1993.

Overseas Visits in 2007.

Huddo said:
What state visits would you like to see in the comming year?......

I think it must be about time for a Swedish State visit to Great Britain by now!....:)
HM Queen Elizabeth II and HRH Prince Philip,The Duke of Edinburgh will visit Uganda to open the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in Kampala and will pay a State Visit to the United States of America (USA) in May 2007,to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the Jamestown settlement.Here is the link to the official announcement > http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page5531.asp

I'd like to see the Dutch RF in the US. Actually, any RF in the US. I always seem to hear the announcements later. Since I know the queen is coming, maybe I will try and see her. Jamestown is in NY, right?

BurberryBrit said:
I'd like to see the Dutch RF in the US. Actually, any RF in the US. I always seem to hear the announcements later. Since I know the queen is coming, maybe I will try and see her. Jamestown is in NY, right?

Try a lot farther south. Jamestown is in Virginia.

Two main rules in royal State Visits

The first main rule in royal State Visits is that the Sovereign whose Reign is shorter, first visits the longer ruling Sovereign.
The other main rule is that a Sovereign only brings a State Visit to the same country, once in his/her Reign.

This means, as Queen Elizabeth II is the doyenne of Europe's Sovereigns, that all other Sovereigns have first paid a State Visit to the United Kingdom before having had the pleasure on a counter-visit by Her Majesty. Because of the unbelievably long Reign of Queen Elizabeth II, this rule has sometimes been adjested a few times.

Queen Juliana of the Netherlands assumes the kingship

Queen Elizabeth II assumes the kingship

Queen Elizabeth II pays a State Visit to the Netherlands, she visits the longer ruling Sovereign Queen Juliana

Queen Juliana pays a return-State Visit to the United Kingdom

Queen Beatrix pays a State Visit to the United Kingdom, she visits the longer ruling Queen Elizabeth II

Because Queen Elizabeth II has already paid a State Visit to the Netherlands in 1958, we have to await for King Charles to bring a State Visit to his longer reigning colleague in the Netherlands.

In 1962 Queen Elizabeth was at the Silver Wedding Ball in Amsterdam.
In 1986 Queen Elizabeth was for an Official Visit in the Netherlands (protocollair a bit lower than a State Visit)

Hello! I have never written to any of these boards before, but I think I will join in on this one.

I really hope we can see a Dutch-Norwegian State Visit in 2007. The Norwegian King and Queen paid a State Visit to The Netherlands in April or May 1996, so a return visit to Norway would have been nice.

Henri M. said:
The first main rule in royal State Visits is that the Sovereign whose Reign is shorter, first visits the longer ruling Sovereign.
The other main rule is that a Sovereign only brings a State Visit to the same country, once in his/her Reign.

This means, as Queen Elizabeth II is the doyenne of Europe's Sovereigns, that all other Sovereigns have first paid a State Visit to the United Kingdom before having had the pleasure on a counter-visit by Her Majesty. Because of the unbelievably long Reign of Queen Elizabeth II, this rule has sometimes been adjested a few times.

Queen Juliana of the Netherlands assumes the kingship

Queen Elizabeth II assumes the kingship

Queen Elizabeth II pays a State Visit to the Netherlands, she visits the longer ruling Sovereign Queen Juliana

Queen Juliana pays a return-State Visit to the United Kingdom

Queen Beatrix pays a State Visit to the United Kingdom, she visits the longer ruling Queen Elizabeth II

Because Queen Elizabeth II has already paid a State Visit to the Netherlands in 1958, we have to await for King Charles to bring a State Visit to his longer reigning colleague in the Netherlands.

In 1962 Queen Elizabeth was at the Silver Wedding Ball in Amsterdam.
In 1986 Queen Elizabeth was for an Official Visit in the Netherlands (protocollair a bit lower than a State Visit)

But why was there not an return State Visit of Queen Elizabeth II. to the Netherlands (except the 1986 Visit) ??

And why was there no belgian State Visit to Britain since the 60's.

Queen margrethe has also made two State Visits to the Uk already.

There has been a spanish-belgian state visit not to long ago, so that will not happen. I think the King of Sweden and the Queen of Denmark have never aid a stat visit to Queen Beatrix (both did ay one to Juliana). The Luxembourg GD couple still has to go to Great-Britain, as do the Belgian king and queen.
Just wondering, when as the last time Queen Elizabeth I paid a tate visit to Spain, Denmark and Sweden? She never went to belgium or Luxembourg on a state visit I wonder.
Queen Beatrix only has Norway left I think and covered the other European monarchies in her statevisit.

Marengo said:
There has been a spanish-belgian state visit not to long ago, so that will not happen. I think the King of Sweden and the Queen of Denmark have never aid a stat visit to Queen Beatrix (both did ay one to Juliana). The Luxembourg GD couple still has to go to Great-Britain, as do the Belgian king and queen.
Just wondering, when as the last time Queen Elizabeth I paid a tate visit to Spain, Denmark and Sweden? She never went to belgium or Luxembourg on a state visit I wonder.
Queen Beatrix only has Norway left I think and covered the other European monarchies in her statevisit.

Queen Elizabeth Ii. paid a State visit to Spain in 1988, to Denmark in the 1970's and to Belgium in the 1960's and to Luxemburg in 1976.

Ok Here are mine
Belgium/Denmark
Denmark/Spain
Jordan/Denmark
Luxembourg/Spain
Norway/Spain
Sweden/Denmark
England/Belgium
England/Denmark
Sweden/Norway
Sweden/Luxembourg
Luxembourg/Netherlands
Spain/Netherlands

Her_Majesty said:
There are already some information about that::)

King Harald V. celebrates his 70's birthday.
You can read the calendar entry to get to know what's planned.
Read it here.

Queen Sonja
Royal guests are invited to a trip with the royal yacht Norge.
Read the calendar entry here.

So there will be big party for King Harald and a smaller party for Queen Sonja.
I'm looking forward to see many Pictures of Royal Guests from all over the world.:flowers:

I just simply cannot bend my mind over the fact that she is 70.

The yacht thing had been done many times in Norway - I am embarrassed to say this, but I still have a videotape that has a 30min doc of Sonja's 60th birthday cruise (right before 4 episodes of Babylon5 :ROFLMAO:) They also cruised on their silver wedding anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom