Wedding of William & Catherine: Pre-Wedding Events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
On April 28, 2010 TRH the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester will host a pre wedding lunch for Foreign Royals who are celebrating the marriage of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton.

On April 28, 2010, Lady Elizabeth Anson will host a dinner party for visiting royals to celebrate the wedding of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton.

This event will be held at Mandrain Oriental. In addition to the foreign royals, this event is expected to be attended by several members of the British Royal Family. Prince William and Catherine Middleton are not expected to attend.

Thanks and Happy Posting!

Warren, wbenson & Zonk
British Forum Moderators

Last edited:
Are the Duke and Duchess really close to William? Or is this something that they do because they are close to so many foreign royals? Just curious why they are hosting....I think they will be great hosts btw.

Are the Duke and Duchess really close to William? Or is this something that they do because they are close to so many foreign royals? Just curious why they are hosting....I think they will be great hosts btw.

I suspect they are hosting it because they have been told by the Queen to do so!

The hosting of events during a large wedding is often shared by relatives. The Duke is closely related to the royal family and is certainly a good choice for being the host.

Any pictures just yet?

I suspect they are hosting it because they have been told by the Queen to do so!

I thought the same thing only, The Queen asked nicely for them to host the dinner LOL

I thought the same thing only, The Queen asked nicely for them to host the dinner LOL

I presume you mean "host the luncheon" - the dinner is being hosted by Elizabeth Anson, but in practice, by HM herself.

I presume you mean "host the luncheon" - the dinner is being hosted by Elizabeth Anson, but in practice, by HM herself.

Yes so sorry, I meant host the "luncheon".

The Gloucesters will be familiar to many of the guests because of his strong links with the Commonwealth and the Armed forces.

will all the guest at the wedding not get to meet the couple? will they just attend the ceremony and leave?

will all the guest at the wedding not get to meet the couple? will they just attend the ceremony and leave?

The spanish royals attend the buffet and leave back to Spain in the afternoon, Infanta Sofia celebrates her 4th birthday tomorrow. I don´t know, have any foreign royals have been invited to the evening party.

:previous: Are that the pictures from the Luncheon or from the Dinner? :confused:

Are these pictures for the dinner or the luncheon?

Eugenie look fabulous!

:previous: Are that the pictures from the Luncheon or from the Dinner? :confused:

The dinner. That's too formal in terms of dress for a luncheon. Besides, it's nearly 9 o'clock at night over there.

A lot of red dresses tonight -- Grand Duchess Maria Theresa, Sophie, Victoria, Mathilde....did a memo go out to wear red? LOL

Probably a dumb question, but are William and Catherine going to be at this dinner? I thought I'd read that they were spending the evening with their respective families, but Prince Charles is at this dinner (there's a picture of him arriving).

Back
Top Bottom