Wedding of William & Catherine: Arrival of the Foreign Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I captured some shots of the royals arrivals but saved them in the WRONG FORMAT!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Has anyone noticed Alois and Sophie of Liechtenstein, or any of Sweden's Royal Family?

I have a feeling that Lalla Salma had been in the UK for a few days prior to the bombings. Also, it may have been more dangerous to fly immediately back to Morocco and disrepectful to HM Queen to ditch the wedding. After all, what could she accomplish by flying back to Morocco right away? I am sure Lalla Salma expressed concern about the killing of innocent people in her home country.

As a side note involving Lalla Salma, I was flipping between CNN coverage of the wedding and my local PBS/BBC channel (which is the channel I watched most of coverage on - because of the HD quality mostly). When the foreign royals were arriving, right behind the Sultan of Brunei and his wife I knew it was Lalla Salma because I saw the bottom half of her Moroccan caftan. Just as I saw all of Lalla, the British commentator stated, "Next is the Sultan of Brunei and his wife followed by Lalla Salma of Thailand." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I misunderstood, but that is what I heard!

Also, I did not notice HSH Albert of Monaco and Charlene. Where did they sit.

On a third note, the three daughters of Earl Spencer are quite knock-outs, aren't they? Are any of them models like their mother? All in all, I enjoyed the wedding and considering I got only 90 minutes of sleep this morning ( I worked until 11pm and by the time I got home and to bed it was 130amET and I was up at 3am!)

Lalla salma was already in UK when the attack happen she is there with her son who should attend as well but he didn't in the end.

AH before I forget!!!bomb are not rocking in Morocco thanks for you're concern.it was one attack against a cafee in Marrakech and wich never ever make us stay at home without doing anything after all this is their attention.

Last edited:
I was disappointed that they didn't show the church arrivals of the foreign royals. I was really looking forward to it. It seems there was a caravan of buses and they went to a side entrance so they didn't have to go down the main aisle.

The only one that I saw was Queen Sofia, Felipe and Letizia. I was disappointed too! Was looking forward to seeing their dresses, etc !

We were very badly let down over the guests. We were allowed only brief glimpses of the foreign royalty, and also of the members of the extended BRF whom we don't see too often. Goodness knows why the BBC saw fit to show us the choir all the time instead.

I agree, too much choir viewing and not enough foreign royalty viewing - otherwise the BBC coverage was fairly nice.

A happy couple!

Prince William was handsome, Catherine was a very beautiful bride and wore, in my opinion, a very beautiful wedding dress. The procession and the ceremony was beautiful and magnificent, but not very interesting with a plethora choir and orchestra pictures. It would have been more interesting to follow along and see more of the royal guests. But most important - the young royal couple, Cathrine and William, seems to be very happy.

It was a nice wedding.
Unfortunately the TV coverage left a lot to be desired: they did not train the cameras towards any of the foreign dignitaries. They hardly ever showed foreign royals.
The coverage from teh swedish wedding last year was much more "complete".
Oh well, thank God we have the Royal forums!

We were very badly let down over the guests. We were allowed only brief glimpses of the foreign royalty, and also of the members of the extended BRF whom we don't see too often. Goodness knows why the BBC saw fit to show us the choir all the time instead.

My feelings exactly! I was up at 2:55AM EST here in the US so I wouldn't miss any of the extended Royal family and the visiting Royals... and it was mid way through the service before I even saw the Princess Royal!
Too much time on the choir and on "celebrity" guests... Someone should have had enough sense to send someone to cover the family and foreign royals.. I think I got a brief glimpse of the Prince and Princess of Orange.. the Queen of Denmark... Princess Alexandra of Kent.... Prince and Princess Michael of Kent...

True, the media did not pay enough attention to other Royal Houses. But, I'm must agree with whoever said it. Majority of people don't care so they don't feel the urge to do it like we would like it.
Actually, I must confess, before the wedding I was so excited about seeing the other ladies clothes and hats, but as soon as William left Clarence House I completely forgot about them, I was too smitten with the wedding itself. It was after re-watching for the 3 time :p that I actually remember they were attending. As long as W and C were there, I would be happy!

Nonetheless, I must share the love with Max and Queen Sof! I LOVE them. Victoria's looked great.
Leticia's hat was just ..... no!

So......Pippa's dress was not designed for her because 2 years ago Cameron Diaz wore exact dress in red to Golden Globes.....interesting

I have a feeling that Lalla Salma had been in the UK for a few days prior to the bombings. Also, it may have been more dangerous to fly immediately back to Morocco and disrepectful to HM Queen to ditch the wedding. After all, what could she accomplish by flying back to Morocco right away? I am sure Lalla Salma expressed concern about the killing of innocent people in her home country.

As a side note involving Lalla Salma, I was flipping between CNN coverage of the wedding and my local PBS/BBC channel (which is the channel I watched most of coverage on - because of the HD quality mostly). When the foreign royals were arriving, right behind the Sultan of Brunei and his wife I knew it was Lalla Salma because I saw the bottom half of her Moroccan caftan. Just as I saw all of Lalla, the British commentator stated, "Next is the Sultan of Brunei and his wife followed by Lalla Salma of Thailand." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I misunderstood, but that is what I heard!

Also, I did not notice HSH Albert of Monaco and Charlene. Where did they sit.

On a third note, the three daughters of Earl Spencer are quite knock-outs, aren't they? Are any of them models like their mother? All in all, I enjoyed the wedding and considering I got only 90 minutes of sleep this morning ( I worked until 11pm and by the time I got home and to bed it was 130amET and I was up at 3am!)

You heard right Zara04 - the commentator did say Lalla Salma of Thailand, in addition to mentioning that Princess Beatrice was in a blue dress.

As to the lack of opportunity to see foreign royals, that may have been deliberate. The couple had gone to great lengths to include as many "normal" people as possible, e.g. postmistresses, school traffic wardens etc.

The royals, foreign or not, have all the time and opportunities in the world.

Katie Couric mistook the King of Tonga for Al-Fayed. So Starkey and the other gal commented on it. Barbara Walters during her special last night showed the same man and said that was the King of Tonga.

True, the media did not pay enough attention to other Royal Houses. But, I'm must agree with whoever said it. Majority of people don't care so they don't feel the urge to do it like we would like it.

I agree; I think the television coverage was designed to appeal to the British Commonwealth countries (and, to a lesser extent, an American audience).

And many people in those countries are only really aware of the British Royal Family, not the others.

I watched much of the coverage on American network television, and when I complained that the anchors were not identifying most of the guests, my friend said quietly that she didn't think they knew who the guests were.

Last edited:
I have a question, and I do not know, ask them configuration with the topic.
If Prince William's mother Diana be alive, and we all know that she was divorced from Prince Charles is where she sat in church? near Charles and Camilla's or where? maybe someone knows "the protocol??? :)

thank you for all the image posts of the lovely pre-wedding gala. I have never seen so many foreign royals looking so good. Princess Alexandra wins for her generation, a tie w/Princess Michael of Kent.
Would love to see a better picture of Charlene's dress, it looked exquisite.
My favorite was MC's dress. Love the rich simplicity, the bodice, the sleeves, and the little train.
Can anyone ID charlene's and Mc's dresses?
Also, Tatiana's jewlery?

Unprofessional

As to the lack of opportunity to see foreign royals, that may have been deliberate. The couple had gone to great lengths to include as many "normal" people as possible, e.g. postmistresses, school traffic wardens etc.

The royals, foreign or not, have all the time and opportunities in the world.

Well, in this case, I think it is unprofessional of those who ultimately was responsible for TV broadcast, to show singers and musicians instead of specially invited heads of state. If one television viewers see a royal wedding, is currently royals more interesting than the chorus and church bells that are photographed in artistic angles.

The coverage that I saw on CNN mostly showed British royals or British celebs. Didn't show other royals from other countries. I know that many of them attended the wedding.

The same in Scandinavia

The coverage that I saw on CNN mostly showed British royals or British celebs. Didn't show other royals from other countries. I know that many of them attended the wedding.

In southern Sweden, where I live, we can see several of the Scandinavian neighbors' TV channels.It was the same as CNN on SVT 1 an TV4 (Sweden), DR 1 and TV 2 (Denmark), YLE (Finland) and NRK (Norway). :sad:

I agree; I think the television coverage was designed to appeal to the British Commonwealth countries (and, to a lesser extent, an American audience).

And many people in those countries are only really aware of the British Royal Family, not the others.

Maybe so, but the coverage of members of the British Royal Family was also poor to non-existent. We hardly got a good look at anyone (with the unfortunate exception of the York princesses). It would have been nice to see more of Lady Sarah Chatto, Lady Helen Taylor, and a host of other seldom-seen members of the extended family.

I watched much of the coverage on American network television, and when I complained that the anchors were not identifying most of the guests, my friend said quietly that she didn't think they knew who the guests were.
No, I shouldn't think they did. Worse still, the BBC commentators seemed to be equally ignorant. No one had bothered to do any preparation. It was piss-poor. Sorry, but it was.

thank you for all the image posts of the lovely pre-wedding gala. I have never seen so many foreign royals looking so good. Princess Alexandra wins for her generation, a tie w/Princess Michael of Kent.
My favorite was MC's dress. Love the rich simplicity, the bodice, the sleeves, and the little train.
Also, Tatiana's jewlery?

I could not agree more! Princess Alexandra stole the show hands down, for the (now) older generation of the BRF. She looked amazing! And So did Princess Michael of Kent.

Frelinghighness said:

For the wedding you mean? If yes
http://m.nypost.com/p/pagesix/royal_fiancee_snubs_armani_SNxSL1ggmQnhvjGzpoVHTJ

More info on dresses-
http://fashion-of-royals.web-log.nl...lijk-william-en-catherine-diner-28042011.html

Edit - more on Charlenes prewedding dress, same designer as wedding guest dress
Nadine said:
Additionally, AKRIS has made at least three outfits for Charlene this past year ~ a black one (1st pic), her sea foam engagement dress, and "The Swan" one at the pre-wedding dinner the night before, and also the dove gray one for the wedding itself:

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1316977&d=1296837059

http://img.shopstyle.com/uim/y2010/d214/64/6421226a95c32bbea792163819717732.jpg

yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/gy91e4j

yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/h8wk20j

Last edited:
It would have been nice if they just showed a glimpse of the royals or other people coming into the church to attend the wedding. Identify who they are. This would only take a couple of seconds. Chances are the Americans who were broadcasting there didn't know who these people were (maybe they could have educated themselves on this.

Can anyone link to a photo of Princess Alexandra, please? I only saw her for a split-second.

Back
Top Bottom