Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Chris O'Neill's Pre-Wedding Dinner: June 7, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best dress IMO Stéphanie's, then Sylvia, then Tatiana....

victoria and madeleine absolutly prefects and beautiful!!!!!

the wessex' don't attend?

Last edited:
The best dressed for this pre-wedding gala were CP Victoria, Princess Pavlos(M-C), Princess Nikolaos(Tatiana), and the O'Neill sister in the dusty pink strapless. HGD Stephanie looked elegant and beautiful as well.

I expected Charlene to knock em dead because she has been on a roll lately, but I just didn't care for her outfit, she looked like something off that old space cartoon The Jetsons. :ermm:

As for the bride to be Madde, pretty dress but I felt oddly let down. She just didn't stand out like I thought she would. Her hair should have been off her shoulders perhaps? I can't explain it. I thought she looked more gloriously beautiful at her sister's pre-nuptial gala than she did her own! :sad:

Last edited:
Guests departed a little over 4 hours ago according to Bunte Online

Perhaps they are all sneaking cigarettes!
Out of all the guests only the royal ladies seem well-dressed to me...most of the rest are either average or in bad taste. My favourite so far seems to be Marie and I've only seen one picture of her. Victoria is probably second although I don't love the colour and style of her dress. Madeleine looks good but is missing that "wow" factor.
I thought her dress was terrific but it needed an up do to really pack in that Wow factor that we are used to seeing when Madeleine is in eveningwear. Lets face it, long bed hair is OK for casual but when it comes to evening, and the lady is one of the pre-eminent tiara wearers, you expect her to knock it out of the ballpark.

Oh good GRIEF!

That's just NASTY!!!!

:eek:

Ummmm.... Who? What? Um.... I'm speechless!

No outside appearance hasn't been told about, not even this balcony appearance. Which was at odd time, since there were guests arriving at the same time.

Philippos and Theodora
http://media.shootitlive.com/9feJFEUzbwnIANypkXXsJIjBBrg/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1020

Princess Margaretha and Oscar and Emma Magnuson
http://media.shootitlive.com/VjIvNpYmt54IxnMykrRcgvh5Gkb/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1020
Princesses Birgitta and Margaretha
http://media.shootitlive.com/Ds6FArHCoAgiW248VvBjmlFxOyQ/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1020
Gustaf Magnuson and Vicky Andrén, who are getting married later this summer
http://media.shootitlive.com/9ebfpqpFOmyaVAbwhUPdVbyUOxA/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/1425

Are those side cut outs on Theodora's gown?

Last edited by a moderator:
the group photo was nice, but I agree, the bridal couple should have been in the center. Can someone identify all the people in the photo? Thanks!

[I thought her dress was terrific but it needed an up do to really pack in that Wow factor that we are used to seeing when Madeleine is in eveningwear. Lets face it, long bed hair is OK for casual but when it comes to evening, and the lady is one of the pre-eminent tiara wearers, you expect her to knock it out of the ballpark]// quote MARG

I totally agree. I think Madde was holding out tonight because she wants to take everyone by surprise with how breathtaking she is tomorrow.

That is my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Hit-and-run observations straight off the top of my head:

Silvia, Victoria, Marie, Tatiana, Stephanie, Desiree - YUMMY AND YIPPEE!!!!!

Madeline - Gorgeous woman, beautiful dress, but would've LOVED to've seen her hair up, or back off her face and cascading down her back. Perhaps she's wearing it up or back tomorrow and didn't want to fool with that the night before? Just a thought.

Liked ML. Little hesitant about the strips/striping at the top in those various colors (and right above the basketweave detail at the waist, too!) but liked her, overall!

MC - Basically, liked the dress, not so much the hemline. Liked the shoes, but not in that specific color with that specific dress.

Eva - Hmm . . . You'd definitely be able to find her in the dark. And she gave Max one heck of a run for her money with that half-bow/pouf up on her left shoulder.

Chris' sisters - Really? Seriously?

Joachim - What was up with that white dinner jacket? I absolutely agree with whoever the poster was that said he looked like a waiter!

Pavlos - What was up with the slippers? I wonder if he hurt/injured his foot, or something?

Charlene - She's been doing really well, lately, overall. However, she DEFINITELY needed to lose that sleeveless-jacket-or-vest-or-whatever-it-was-supposed-to-be that she had on over her gown.

Maybe more later as I see other things and thoughts hit me.

Last edited:
Who is the tall woman standing next to Carl Philip wearing the strapless pale pink gown? I thought she was Eva O'Neill and I love her dress!

I do not love the hot pink gown the other lady is wearing..so if that is indeed Eva O'Neill I take back what I said about her having one of the evening's best gowns! :eek:

Who is the tall woman standing next to Carl Philip wearing the strapless pale pink gown? I thought she was Eva O'Neill and I love her dress!

I do not love the hot pink gown the other lady is wearing..so if that is indeed Eva O'Neill I take back what I said about her having one of the evening's best gowns! :eek:

Haha! Funny!

The hot pink/ big bow =Eva O'Niell

The other dress that is pink is his sister I believe!

I know for sure that the hot pink is his mother!!

Oh wow USCTrojan...thanks much for the info

Now I can go correct my post! No way is that hot pink monstrosity on my favorites list!

Am I the only one who is curious on whether there is a dress code, even for a dinner? What are people really thinking when they wear hideous outfits? The lack of thought and care that should go into choosing what you would wear to an important event like this shows me that the few who look like I dont know what to call them, dont give a damn about why they are there or the fact that it is not all about them but about the Princess. It boggles my mind and quite frankly if it were my pre wedding dinner I would ask them to leave. All in all though, I have to say that most guests looked beautiful and chic and classy. Thank god. I am done ranting. :)

Am I the only one who is curious on whether there is a dress code, even for a dinner? What are people really thinking when they wear hideous outfits? The lack of thought and care that should go into choosing what you would wear to an important event like this shows me that the few who look like I dont know what to call them, dont give a damn about why they are there or the fact that it is not all about them but about the Princess. It boggles my mind and quite frankly if it were my pre wedding dinner I would ask them to leave. All in all though, I have to say that most guests looked beautiful and chic and classy. Thank god. I am done ranting. :)

Rant?

Nah.

You've just expressed your opinion, as we all are free to do.

And I am free to say that I AGREE with your opinion, since I DO!

:lol:

I totally agree LadyG...a couple of those women should have been asked to leave. They looked like they were headed for a Halloween block party in West Hollywood and I think it's a sign of disrespect to the bride and groom...not to mention the SRF.

From the finnish press, we Finns love the swedish royals probably more than the Swedes themselves

Iltasanomat
The whole Royal Family came among the first guests along the red carpet in front of a lot of media and people, but Madeleine and Chris had gone to the hotel already before and they waved from the balcony.
The most pretentious arrival was made by crown princess Victoria, who wore a sparkling silver dress. The colour of the dress was bold for Victoria, but there were also seen many dresses of the same shade.
- Victoria was definitely the most gorgeous lady in the evening, Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall commented to Iltasanomat, and continued: Also Carl Philip's girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist looked really wonderful. The bright yellow dress was a very brave choice.
Aftonbladet's royal reporter was very taken about Victoria's dress too:
- She looks better and better every year.
Instead, Madeleine's dress didn't cause any specific wows. Madeleine was dressed a little sober than her big sister and her hair was loose.
- Madeleine has always been keen on fashion and dressed really gorgeously, so she can't surprise in that way anymore. This night showed that Victoria becomes more and more fashionable, said Aftonbladet's Mattias Sandberg to Iltasanomat.
Madeleinen ja Chrisin häähumu alkoi bling bling -bileillä - IS paikalla! - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat

The reporter of Iltasanomat in front of Grand Hotel is very excited at the video, she says that this kind of party could never have been arranged in Finland. All the guests were splendid, the swedes, both women and men, are all so beautiful and slim. Victoria looked absolutely gorgeous, she was the reporter's favourite in her magnificent dress. And the reporter says that when Madeleine and Chris came to the balcony, only a part of the media people noticed them at first.

Madeleine left the dinner at 02.20 with Victoria and Daniel.
http://media.shootitlive.com/8WBBA1PlpLv84XauG30GXeNpcQn/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1020
http://media.shootitlive.com/8wmgrNcM6dYSpJ7MvogaOR8alQB/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1020
http://media.shootitlive.com/Wc4ASSHMlKBRCd7TVtZOrGFbKnP/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1020
http://media.shootitlive.com/RFUrPZngKf6Un6fmWpbcquOivss/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/1425
http://media.shootitlive.com/HXNzlV8G6AO6zGYsZuYloqnRhT6/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/1425
http://media.shootitlive.com/Y2fHhYidiij5ZYs7R4Z0jfWIQc7/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1020
http://media.shootitlive.com/Bu9XO4QiJ0BUsqkSKurmEtuspxj/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1020
Carl Philip left with Sofia
http://media.shootitlive.com/USMolAQIynTUJVN3XdVk4eaPzJr/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1020
http://media.shootitlive.com/1f5c1w9rJOHbmpiDrJGBsm4n8M6/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1020
http://media.shootitlive.com/LSM2MBHL3INpg5jo6hjMQgONS76/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1020
Guillaume and Stephanie leaving
http://media.shootitlive.com/7ocSJJLxFm6T5atydIXVS0oG24W/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1020
Emma Pernald and Tomas Jonson leaving
http://media.shootitlive.com/5XcntQDZRo2n8gHGP9wBwQW0K7B/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1020

Last edited:
Thank you vee. But I just realized I should have put my rant in the appropriate thread and the moderators were kind enough to put up with me. Thank you mods.

Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle

Rant?

Nah.

You've just expressed your opinion, as we all are free to do.

And I am free to say that I AGREE with your opinion, since I DO!

:lol:

3rd both of you ladies!

Is it me, or is this Iltasonomat press report being rather snide about Madeleine? I agree that Madde didn't make as big a splash as I thought and I agree that Victoria looked gorgeous but geez...how many times did they need to keep rubbing it in? Rude, tacky and unnecessary. :bang:

Victoria was one of three or four best dressed women of the evening, imo.

Last edited:
Is it me, or is this Iltasonomat press report being rather snide about Madeleine? I agree that Madde didn't make as big a splash as I thought and I agree that Victoria looked gorgeous but geez...how many times did they need to keep rubbing it in? Rude, tacky and unnecessary. :bang:

I think Victoria was one of three or for best looking of the evening, not necessarily THE best btw.

The reporter of Iltasanomat was interviewing the very well known swedish royal reporters Johan T Lindwall and Mattias Sandberg. Is it the reporter's fault if both of them think that Victoria looked gorgeous?

Madeleine is going from a dysfunctional royal family to an odd society family. Chris' mother Eva looks cocky and wears outfits which look good when you are 30, not 72 years old. Both the dinner dress and the bann dress were bad choices. Chris sisters from Eva's side are like their mother's copies, look every inch a high-class woman, no warmth to be seen in them. I'm looking forward to see Chris' sisters from his fathers side, maybe they are more likeable women.

Last edited:
I totally agree LadyG...a couple of those women should have been asked to leave. They looked like they were headed for a Halloween block party in West Hollywood and I think it's a sign of disrespect to the bride and groom...not to mention the SRF.

Ain't THAT the livin' truth?

Hello everyone,

It's 12:56 am here in historic Charleston SC and I'm a late comer to the discussion. I was watching the dinner guests arrive and I want to know what Princess Brigitta was wearing. It was not exactly ugly but it wasn't exactly pretty either and did not seem to fit the occasion, at least to me. I've been thinking about that gown all day and more I think about it, the stranger it gets! LOL!!!

Marie-Chantal gown was pretty but I've seen her look much better than this. I would have liked to see Charlene in something different also, something a little sleeker and maybe less structured.

I agree with Lady Gabrielle. The gowns went from one extreme to the other and not necessarily in a good way.

The reporter of Iltasanomat was interviewing the very well known swedish royal reporters Johan T Lindwall and Mattias Sandberg. Is it the reporter's fault if both of them think that Victoria looked gorgeous?

Madeleine is going from a dysfunctional royal family to an odd society family. Chris' mother Eva looks cocky and wears outfits which look good when you are 30, not 72 years old. Both the dinner dress and the bann dress were bad choices. Chris sisters from Eva's side are like their mother's copies, look every inch a high-class woman, no warmth to be seen in them. I'm looking forward to see Chris' sisters from his fathers side, maybe they are more likeable women.

I thought Victoria and Madeleine both looked wonderful. I loved the Queen's gown! I think hers was the prettiest out of all! Did anyone else notice that Prince Daniel did not wave in any of the arrival photos or did I miss it?:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree with them. She did look gorgeous. But there is something we call OVERKILL and my opinion is that they were engaging in it and it was rather snide to Madeleine, who after all is supposed to be the star of the evening.:sad:

I would feel the same way if the situation with Madeleine and Victoria had been reversed and the reporters had pointedly gushed over Madde at Victoria's expense.

It makes no difference what kind of "odd society family" Madde is marrying into. I don't think Chris is a god but if he makes her happy it is none of Aftonblat's or anyone else's business quite frankly.

Madeleine could do a lot worse than Chris O'Neill. Several other Royals have done worse in fact.

Last edited:
I agree with them. She did look gorgeous. But there is something we call OVERKILL and my opinion is that they were engaging in it and it was rather snide to Madeleine, who after all is supposed to be the star of the evening.:sad:

I would feel the same way if the situation with Madeleine and Victoria had been reversed.

Well said! People may not necessarily agree about the match...yada...yada... Yada, but in the end it's still Madeline's night and they shouldn't be so rude!

Back
Top Bottom