Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Chris O'Neill's Pre-Wedding Dinner: June 7, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG...how beautiful is that??! It looks straight off a movie set-lucky guests!

As for the bride to be Madde, pretty dress but I felt oddly let down. She just didn't stand out like I thought she would. Her hair should have been off her shoulders perhaps? I can't explain it. I thought she looked more gloriously beautiful at her sister's pre-nuptial gala than she did her own! :sad:

Yes. That's how I felt too. She looks more like a bride at Victoria's pre wedding gala and I love that dreamy gown!! This gown is not for a bride but just a normal evening gown (even if it's Elie Saab) she could wear to any gala dinner.

Beautiful setting. What a lovely place for a wonderful pre wedding dinner. A fairytale.

I thought Victoria and Madeleine both looked wonderful. I loved the Queen's gown! I think hers was the prettiest out of all! Did anyone else notice that Prince Daniel did not wave in any of the arrival photos or did I miss it?:ermm:

Daniel waving to the people
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fot...D5B067D13DDFDDACF21D55CAE1D35CB6DCE2C7&sz=800
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010020011S13706820941165862
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/middagsgaster-grand-hotel/victoria-1.jpg

Photo galleries
IBL Bildbyrå
Guests arrive for a private dinner prior to the wedding of the Swedish Princess Madeleine at the Grand Hotel - Royalpress.nl

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is curious on whether there is a dress code, even for a dinner? What are people really thinking when they wear hideous outfits? The lack of thought and care that should go into choosing what you would wear to an important event like this shows me that the few who look like I dont know what to call them, dont give a damn about why they are there or the fact that it is not all about them but about the Princess. It boggles my mind and quite frankly if it were my pre wedding dinner I would ask them to leave. All in all though, I have to say that most guests looked beautiful and chic and classy. Thank god. I am done ranting. :)

Here's my view:

The jut don't respect themselves.

With the royals, none of them know who they are and none of them know or care about their ancestry. CP Stephanie was one of the FEW females there who actully LOOKED like she was royalty and looked like she belonged and looked like someone who knew who she was.

Chris' mother Eva looks cocky and wears outfits which look good when you are 30, not 72 years old. Both the dinner dress and the bann dress were bad choices. Chris sisters from Eva's side are like their mother's copies, look every inch a high-class woman, no warmth to be seen in them. I'm looking forward to see Chris' sisters from his fathers side, maybe they are more likeable women

I don't think Eva looks cocky at all. She looks like any high society woman to me. In my opinion his sisters' gowns were entirely suitable for the occasion and I'll refrain from judging them and deciding if they're likable or hateful from this one occasion I've seen them.

Last edited:
Expressen's article about the party: Madeleine and Chris' closest friends held presentations about them with photos from their lives. There were many speeches and much dancing, long after midnight with music by live DJs. "It was a really fun party, much more fun than Victoria's party with more friends and a light atmosphere. They had fun with skits," a guest said.

http://www.expressen.se/n...k-ut-och-halsade-pa-alla/

Wow Victoria looked beautiful! Madeleine looked lovely but I guess she didn't want to overdo it since she'll really be dressing up for the wedding. I don't care for Sofia and I'm not trying to be mean, but that yellow dress looked tacky.

I thought it was just me who thought Sofia's dress was not attractive since they were raving about it in the Swedish media.

I think she looked awful...hair, makeup, dress...everything.

It sounds like it was a fun party though!

Sofia's yellow dress was the worst of the night. If it was in blue or purple it would've looked stunning on her. I just don't think yellow is her color.

I wonder if it was awkward with Emma and her fiance being there...

Did Chris' paternal half-sisters not attend the dinner? I missed them!

Is Chris more "connected" with his maternal half-sisters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is this Josephine? That outfit beggars belief.

She should have been asked to leave.

She is apparently a friend of Madeleine

Here's my view:

The jut don't respect themselves.

With the royals, none of them know who they are and none of them know or care about their ancestry. CP Stephanie was one of the FEW females there who actully LOOKED like she was royalty and looked like she belonged and looked like someone who knew who she was.

Well Said AristoCat! Couldn't agree more!

Maybe I'm the only one but I thought Sofia's dress was beautiful! I thought it would have been nice if she'd had her hair up but I guess that's personal choice.

I also loved Marie's dress and thought Madeleine looked radiant.

Hi, this is my very first post, I was very underwhelmed by an awful lot of the fashion. I thought Victoria was gorgeous but I do think that Maddy is holding out for today to wow us all (well that's what I'm hoping)

Those look like bedsheets flying in the wind. Terrific legs, but she certainly likes to display them to a very dangerous level!
Victoria nearly had a similar scene with her dress in wind gust. But being as classy as she is, she handled it very elegantly. Using one had to hold the dress in place and waving with the other. That's real style :flowers:.

Although the Saab dress looked good on Madeleine, his designs start to tire me. It resembled a lot the dress worn by Stephanie at the pre-inauguration dinner in Amsterdam,and also reminds me of dresses worn by Astrid of Belgium and Margaretha of Liechtenstein/Luxembourg. Not a fan of the hairstyle but she looked very happy.

Victoria: the hair was way too tight around the face, as she does more often recently. Didn't mind the dress, though outside it looked odd.

Silvia: she looked good, but there was a lot going on. I am glad she didn't go to one of her Brazilian spa's to rejuvenate before this wedding, it is much better this way. She has a great figure for her age too!

Marie: boring dress, boring hair style, boring colour and did I mention boring already?

Stephanie: would have been nicer in another colour maybe, but this is the best she looked since her wedding. The dress was pretty enough, the hairstyle was softer than usual. And no added scarfs, sjawls or sheets to cover up. I hope she keeps it up the good work today!

Marie Chantal & Tatiana: best dressed. Sadly Theodora took the prize for worst dressed royal. The dress was waaaay too tight and had openings on odd places. And Pavlos slippers... no, just no. A joke maybe, but a joke that should never have left the door steps of their house in London.

Sofia was dressed, so that is a plus. The upper part didn't fit very well and I think she would look better if she wouldn't make her hair this raven black.

Martha Louise: I have seen worse on her, but with her personality it doesn't matter how she dresses, she looks so much fun to be around.

King's sisters: uhm..Birgitta didn't disappoint ;). Princess Desiree looked classy indeed. And I always love to see princess Christina.

Eva O'Neill: not as bad as I expected...which says more about my expectations than about this particular outfit.

Chris' sisters: should try to eat every now and then. Curious how their husbands or other half-sisters were not included in the picture.

Chris: I don't mind him so much. That somebody doesn't smile in pictures doesn't mean a thing. That he is uncomfortable with the situation actually does him credits. I hope that Madeleine and he will surprise the press and will celebrate their diamond wedding anniversary in 2073 surrounded by 8 children, 39 grand children and some great grand children. This negativity is out of proportion IMO.

To join the chorus: some guests looked horrible, but that's more fun for us I guess.

Are there any pictures of Prince Pierre and Princess Sylvia d'Aremberg btw?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom