The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Pre-wedding Events

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2013, 02:18 AM
Heir Apparent

For anyone interested. Here are links to some pics of the Winter Garden room which is where the party took place
http://i.imgur.com/YV1Uz3U.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d9AOeF4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RWWgLUR.jpg

Old 06-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Majesty

OMG...how beautiful is that??! It looks straight off a movie set-lucky guests!

Old 06-08-2013, 02:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

As for the bride to be Madde, pretty dress but I felt oddly let down. She just didn't stand out like I thought she would. Her hair should have been off her shoulders perhaps? I can't explain it. I thought she looked more gloriously beautiful at her sister's pre-nuptial gala than she did her own!
Yes. That's how I felt too. She looks more like a bride at Victoria's pre wedding gala and I love that dreamy gown!! This gown is not for a bride but just a normal evening gown (even if it's Elie Saab) she could wear to any gala dinner.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
For anyone interested. Here are links to some pics of the Winter Garden room which is where the party took place
http://i.imgur.com/YV1Uz3U.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d9AOeF4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RWWgLUR.jpg
Wow! Stunning!
Old 06-08-2013, 02:33 AM
Serene Highness

Beautiful setting. What a lovely place for a wonderful pre wedding dinner. A fairytale.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
I thought Victoria and Madeleine both looked wonderful. I loved the Queen's gown! I think hers was the prettiest out of all! Did anyone else notice that Prince Daniel did not wave in any of the arrival photos or did I miss it?
Daniel waving to the people
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/foto...6DCE2C7&sz=800
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010020...06820941165862
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/galle...victoria-1.jpg

Photo galleries
IBL Bildbyrå
Guests arrive for a private dinner prior to the wedding of the Swedish Princess Madeleine at the Grand Hotel - Royalpress.nl
Old 06-08-2013, 03:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Am I the only one who is curious on whether there is a dress code, even for a dinner? What are people really thinking when they wear hideous outfits? The lack of thought and care that should go into choosing what you would wear to an important event like this shows me that the few who look like I dont know what to call them, dont give a damn about why they are there or the fact that it is not all about them but about the Princess. It boggles my mind and quite frankly if it were my pre wedding dinner I would ask them to leave. All in all though, I have to say that most guests looked beautiful and chic and classy. Thank god. I am done ranting. :)
Here's my view:

The jut don't respect themselves.

With the royals, none of them know who they are and none of them know or care about their ancestry. CP Stephanie was one of the FEW females there who actully LOOKED like she was royalty and looked like she belonged and looked like someone who knew who she was.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Chris' mother Eva looks cocky and wears outfits which look good when you are 30, not 72 years old. Both the dinner dress and the bann dress were bad choices. Chris sisters from Eva's side are like their mother's copies, look every inch a high-class woman, no warmth to be seen in them. I'm looking forward to see Chris' sisters from his fathers side, maybe they are more likeable women
I don't think Eva looks cocky at all. She looks like any high society woman to me. In my opinion his sisters' gowns were entirely suitable for the occasion and I'll refrain from judging them and deciding if they're likable or hateful from this one occasion I've seen them.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:28 AM
Majesty

Hi AristoCat....what is the "jut"?
Old 06-08-2013, 03:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Expressen's article about the party: Madeleine and Chris' closest friends held presentations about them with photos from their lives. There were many speeches and much dancing, long after midnight with music by live DJs. "It was a really fun party, much more fun than Victoria's party with more friends and a light atmosphere. They had fun with skits," a guest said.

http://www.expressen.se/n...k-ut-och-halsade-pa-alla/
Old 06-08-2013, 03:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wow Victoria looked beautiful! Madeleine looked lovely but I guess she didn't want to overdo it since she'll really be dressing up for the wedding. I don't care for Sofia and I'm not trying to be mean, but that yellow dress looked tacky.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:39 AM
Majesty

I thought it was just me who thought Sofia's dress was not attractive since they were raving about it in the Swedish media.

I think she looked awful...hair, makeup, dress...everything.

It sounds like it was a fun party though!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sofia's yellow dress was the worst of the night. If it was in blue or purple it would've looked stunning on her. I just don't think yellow is her color.

I wonder if it was awkward with Emma and her fiance being there...
Old 06-08-2013, 03:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Sofia's yellow dress was the worst of the night. If it was in blue or purple it would've looked stunning on her. I just don't think yellow is her color.

I wonder if it was awkward with Emma and her fiance being there...

I disagree. This was the worst - I think I can see spanx and there is too much skin and not enough material.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/K...wCzrla_Xll.jpg

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-08-2013, 03:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

I disagree. This was the worst - I think I can see spanx and there is too much skin and not enough material.

Who is this?
The links not working.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Did Chris' paternal half-sisters not attend the dinner? I missed them!

Is Chris more "connected" with his maternal half-sisters?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Why can't I bring up the page..I wanna see!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:03 AM
Heir Apparent

try this

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-08-2013, 04:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah the link still isn't working..now i really wanna see.

Oh my. Yeah that dress is bad..but at least she got the color right! No nevermind the whole look is bad. I guess someone told her they couldn't see her spanx. Wow
Old 06-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
OH. MY. GAWD.

Yes cepe...you win this one. That is simply a disgrace.

Tags
chris o'neill, pre-wedding events, princess madeleine