Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia Hellqvist's Pre-Wedding Dinner: June 12, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems from pics that Sophia's train did fall on one part at some point.
I thought the same too! but I think is the design like that!
I really like the dress I think she looks very nice, Like I said before just the shoes, I would had the same colour of the dress shoes1 but other than that , I think she looks very beautiful and regal!:flowers:
Just I thought he would shave his bear! Make him to look untidy!

Last edited:
I thought the same too! but I think is the design like that!
I really like the dress I think she looks very nice, Like I said before just the shoes, I would had the same colour of the dress shoes1 but other than that , I think she looks very beautiful and regal!:flowers:

She is definitely a very beautiful and attractive woman.

The dress on the model was quite see-through and the slit was up to her whatever. Sofia's dress had only a bit of see-through around the shoulders, and the slit on her skirt was only knee-high. The runway version of dresses is frequently altered/adjusted to suit the client.

Seems there's see-through fabric all the way down to her breasts though. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the crack between the breasts. Think of it what you will.

http://media.shootitlive.com/1PKyO3oEoXosIpk0jibnsgM8MMK/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1940
http://bodasreales.hola.com/imagenes/carlos-felipe-de-suecia-y-sofia-hellqvist/201506123054/carlos-felipe-suecia-sofia-hellqvist-cena-privada/0-16-848/carlosfelipe-1-a.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/12/19/29926C5900000578-3121598-Romantic_The_pair_exchange_smiles_as_they_make_their_way_onto_th-a-35_1434133268223.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed. Everyone has looked pretty boring. Madeleine is the most beautiful tonight. Why the Lebanese theme? No-one is connected to Lebanon in any way.

Last edited:
I think Sophia's dress is fine a little skin doesn't hurt and this is her last night before she becomes a princess. Also the sequins cover the skin. Where is there a Lebanese theme shown?

Last edited:
The comments are very interesting. Victoria is showing way more skin and cleavage than Sofia, yet everyone is pretty much in universal agreement that she looks great and not a single person has said she is showing too much skin. IMO they are both dressed completely appropriate. They aren't nuns for goodness sakes!

Maddie looks perfect!

Sofia also looks great, but she could wear a better bra to give a little more lift ;)

Seems there's see-through fabric all the way down to her breasts though. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the crack between the breasts. Think of it what you will.

http://media.shootitlive.com/1PKyO3oEoXosIpk0jibnsgM8MMK/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1940
http://bodasreales.hola.com/imagenes/carlos-felipe-de-suecia-y-sofia-hellqvist/201506123054/carlos-felipe-suecia-sofia-hellqvist-cena-privada/0-16-848/carlosfelipe-1-a.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/12/19/29926C5900000578-3121598-Romantic_The_pair_exchange_smiles_as_they_make_their_way_onto_th-a-35_1434133268223.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed. Everyone has looked pretty boring. Madeleine is the most beautiful tonight. Why the Lebanese theme? No-one is connected to Lebanon in any way.

What I was thinking is that she looked elegant and there is nothing untoward about the neckline and lace. Victoria's dress showed more décolletage but I thought that she looked lovely as well

The comments are very interesting. Victoria is showing way more skin and cleavage than Sofia, yet everyone is pretty much in universal agreement that she looks great and not a single person has said she is showing too much skin. IMO they are both dressed completely appropriate. They aren't nuns for goodness sakes!

I was just going to post this comment. I also think some of that "darker" appearing part of her top has to do with the light reflecting off the crystals differently in different photos. Its so obvious in some pictures and not visible at all in others.

I'm just happy that the couple appears so very happy and in the moment. Good for them! ROSS has their post up BTW. The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Prince Carl Philip & Sofia’s Wedding: The Pre-Wedding Dinner
Ari is wearing a Zorro sash so that made me smile. And there is a hunky looking, my age-ish, tall, official/security guy photo bombing a lot of these shots. Which has also made me smile. :whistling:

Last edited:
I think Sophia's dress is fine a little skin doesn't hurt and this is her last night before she becomes a princess. Also the sequins cover the skin. Where is there a Lebanese theme shown?

Well, there is some skin coloured fabric covering her nipples so I guess it's fine. I hope tomorrow she'll choose a more traditional dress and wears her hair up.

The Lebanese theme has been all over Expressen. The food comes from Café Beirut and you can even see the food served if you read the live feed.

Prins Carl Philips och Sofias bröllop | Nyheter | Expressen

Stylist Jean-Pierre Barda has given points to men's outfits on Expressen, five is the best:
Prince Daniel and Ludvig Blomqvist (boyfriend of Louise Gottlieb): four
Prince Carl Philip, king Carl Gustaf, Jonas Frejd (the boyfriend of Lina Hellqvist) and Patrick Sommerlath: three
Ari Behn: two
Så tycker stylisten om prins Carl Philips och de övriga männens klädval på festen _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Princesses Christina and Désirée didn't attend, at least I haven't seen photos of them. There was a photo of princess Christina walking near the Royal Palace earlier today.

To be completely honest, I don't think it even matters what Sofia wears. People here would love her no matter what she did because she is marrying a prince.

From Debrett's Guide to Etiquette

Dress Code for Ladies:

Full-length, formal evening dress. It is traditional, but not essential, to show décolletage. Shorter dresses or trousers, no matter how smart, are not acceptable. - See more at: White Tie, Dress Codes, A to H, British Behaviour, British Etiquette | Debrett's

So decolletage is traditional, and trousers (green or otherwise) are not acceptable. Granted, this is British etiquette, but I have no ready source for Swedish or Scandinavian etiquette.

No HQ photos yet

Madeleline wore her mother flower Diamond earings

Dress Code for Ladies:

Full-length, formal evening dress. It is traditional, but not essential, to show décolletage. Shorter dresses or trousers, no matter how smart, are not acceptable. - See more at: White Tie, Dress Codes, A to H, British Behaviour, British Etiquette | Debrett's

So decolletage is traditional, and trousers (green or otherwise) are not acceptable. Granted, this is British etiquette, but I have no ready source for Swedish or Scandinavian etiquette.

But, it's not a white-tie event, right? i don't think men comply with that dresscode either?

To be completely honest, I don't think it even matters what Sofia wears. People here would love her no matter what she did because she is marrying a prince.

and other people on here will always be unforgiving of her past.

There is a balance - it's not just one way

and other people on here will always be unforgiving of her past.

There is a balance - it's not just one way

Oh yes, there is tons of unforgiving attitudes out there when it comes to certain current and past royals!

It's been a really warm day and evening here in Stockholm. The first real summer day for this year. I hope they have a good cooling system down there in that underground exhibition hall. Otherwise they are probably sweating by now :-D

From the pictures everyone looks nice. Not a fan of the trousers though.

According to Aftonbladet, Madeleine and Chris left the party at 22.25.

Not really surprising given her condition,it was wonderful to see her at all.

Back
Top Bottom