King Carl Gustaf of Sweden and Silvia Sommerlath's Pre-Wedding Ball: June 1976

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julia

Royal Highness
Hi!

Does anyone have pics of the pre-wedding ball given in honor of King Carl Gustav and Silvia Sommerlath? I have just 2 pics and am hoping that there are more out there. Silvia really looked lovely.

Attachments

• connaught_7.jpg
    connaught_7.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 8,900
ibl photo

Attachments

• cg.silvia1.JPG
    cg.silvia1.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 6,647
Silvia Sommerlath looks like a well known actress from 20-25 years ago but I can't seem to recall which one -- maybe Lindsey Wagner or Katherine Ross?

You're right she does look a bit like Lindsey Wagner... especially when she was doing The Bionic Woman..

Raven

Natalie Wood of the early 70s as well.

thank you so much for the pictures to bad there is not more...

I actully saw a clip from this gala it was with ABBA singing Dancing Queen
Agneta and Frida wore 1800/1900 century dresses..... Silvia looked great..

from the pre wedding ball

Attachments

• Untitled-1U.jpg
    Untitled-1U.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 4,720
  • skanna0025.jpg
    skanna0025.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 16,275
thissal said:
Silvia Sommerlath looks like a well known actress from 20-25 years ago but I can't seem to recall which one -- maybe Lindsey Wagner or Katherine Ross?

Katherine Ross.

Josefine said:
photos of abba singing dancing queen at the gala

I heard somewhere that ABBA wrote the song "Dancing Queen" for the wedding of Carl Gustaf and Silvia...does anyone know if this is true?

Hello Lyle,
yes, I think it is true. I read it in a german biography about Silvia.

Josefine said:
they got married 1876 this day

Wow, that would make a granite wedding? Well, it seems rock solid anyway :p !

I wondered if there were more pictures of the guests and if there is a guestlist of the royals who atended the weddingparty/ wedding?

Lyle said:
I heard somewhere that ABBA wrote the song "Dancing Queen" for the wedding of Carl Gustaf and Silvia...does anyone know if this is true?

I don´t think that they wrote Dancing Queen for that occasion, but it was the first time that it was performed. By the way can you imagine some of the big music stars of today do such a thing, i mean perform in such outfits to match the rest of the programe?? I don´t think there would be many who would do that, they are to worried about their reputation.:p

Hi, Queen Silvia was amazing in the pictures i have seen, she was (and is a spectacularly beautiful woman. As to ABBA singing and dressing up in the old fashioned costumes, I read that they were extremely honoured to do so and that it was the very first time a rock or pop act had ever been asked to perform for a Swedish monarch. Dancing Queen had been written and recorded about six months before. Bjorn said in an interview that `if you have a song called Dancing Queen you sing it for your future Queen on the eve of her wedding`. Queen Silvia was said to adore the song and regarded it as a special present for her. Ive said it before and i will say it again ABBA were (and still are) the very best.

thank you for a beautiful pics of a young Silvia Josephine your marvellios!!!

we will probebly see a pre weddinggala for victorias wedding, just wanted to let you se her perents pre wedding gala

are there any good photos ofthe guests at the pre wedding gala

I enjoyed ABBA's preformace!

Also,Silvia looked amazing!

Here are some photos:

Pic Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Looking at closer pictures of Silvia's outift, not a fan of the jacket. The design is not to my liking however, the dress looks stunning. Wish we could see better photos of the dress without the jacket though.

Last edited:
Katherine Ross.

She looks like Alie MacGraw

z14484311IH,Ali-MacGraw-.jpg

I never found good photos of the guests
The kings sisters, or princess lilian
Are there any books or magazines that had photos from this day

Back
Top Bottom