Guillaume and Stéphanie: the Pre-Church Wedding Gala Banquet

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stephanie: I absolutely love the cut and details of Stephanie's dress but not the colour. In another colour she could have looked stunning, radiant. This way she just looked elegant and a bit mousey. Going by her outfit at the Swedish christening and this dress now I would strongly advice her to stay away from Grey, it does nothing for her IMO.

Grand Duchess: Sorry to say that Maria Teresa looked like a sausage (de luxe edition). And I don't like the idea of mother-in-law and bride in too similar outfits.

Maxima: When I first saw her yesterday I thought: Did she mix up Luxembourg with Las Vegas? But in the meantime I think: At least it's original and distinctively Maxima, not Elie Saab.

Mathilde: I love the Blue but the cut makes her look like a triangle (broad pelvis). But she looked very regal (as usual).

Mette-Marit: I like the dress very much, especially the colour, but not her hair colour. That platin-blonde makes her look cheap IMO.

Mary: Since there seems to be only 1 pic of her sitting I can't say much about the dress except that I like the colour. But the hair looks ridiculous IMO. Helmet and armour come to my mind.

Victoria: Not good, not bad. The colour does nothing for her IMO.

Last edited:
Great - I was just asking for pictures on the other threat.
Do we know more about the tiara Tessy is wearing?

Stephanie: I absolutely love the cut and details of Stephanie's dress but not the colour. In another colour she could have looked stunning, radiant. This way she just looked elegant and a bit mousey. Going by her outfit at the Swedish christening and this dress now I would strongly advice her to stay away from Grey, it does nothing for her IMO.

Grand Duchess: Sorry to say that Maria Teresa looked like a sausage (de luxe edition). And I don't like the idea of mother-in-law and bride in too similar outfits.

Maxima: When I first saw her yesterday I thought: Did she mix up Luxembourg with Las Vegas? But in the meantime I think: At least it's original and distinctively Maxima, not Elie Saab.

Mathilde: I love the Blue but the cut makes her look like a triangle (broad pelvis). But she looked very regal (as usual).

Mette-Marit: I like the dress very much, especially the colour, but not her hair colour. That platin-blonde makes her look cheap IMO.

Mary: Since there seems to be only 1 pic of her sitting I can't say much about the dress except that I like the colour. But the hair looks ridiculous IMO.

Victoria: Not good, not bad. The colour does nothing for her IMO.

I have to say - agree with most of comments. Although Stephanies dress is growing on me.
Mary has the issue that her hair is growing rather long recently and then the updo becomes difficult with all these hair to bring into it. (Know it from my own wedding ;))

Last edited:
Actually it looks a lot like that tiara if you compare your picture to the one of Sophie sitting next to Frederik. Apparently it's called the Brazilian Aquamarine Tiara.
There are two aquamarine tiaras, one belonging to the Kent family, http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/IgkDuiFMKXjpBbM_8XhJVQ13276/GW177H221 and one that belongs to the queen, http://theroyalpost.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/saopaulo.jpg The tiara Sophie is wearing is the queen's aquamarine tiara, not the Kent aquamarine tiara.

Can someone post another picture of Tessy? My notebook doesn't allow me to see pictures in blogs! Thank you!

Order of Splendor has a photo each of Alexandra, Tessy, & Mary from the dinner: The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor

I would love better photos :(

Finally a picture of Mary. Thank you GömdNatt!

Mary looks beautiful. It's not much of the dress you can see, but she is always so beautiful in red dresses :in_love:

Would have loved to have seen better better pictures of her and Frederik too

Well Sophie looks great AND a different tiara. Perhaps the Queen reads all the forums and noticed how much Sophie should be allowed to borrow other jewellery.

:previous:
wow Countess of Wessex looks absolutely stunning, amazing dress and some new big beautiful jewelry pieces :rose::rose::rose:
Nice to see Sophie with new tiara :clap::flowers:

Queen Silvia of Sweden full view She looks amazing :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
izabela84 said:

I LOVE Sophie's tiara! Simple, elegant, and, exquisite.

izabela84 said:

Sophie looks stunning, and I love Victoria's tiara.

Lumutqueen said:
We now have a picture of Alexandra and Tessy - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VjtSlADkM8w/UIHq_sotYVI/AAAAAAAANuQ/7GuuSH2CHQU/s1600/_T6.jpg

Tessy is wearing her new Grand Duchess Marie-Adélaïde's Tiara.

Tessy and Alexandra are wearing lovely tiaras as well. So delightful to see all this splendor under one roof :D.

Molly2101 said:
Well Sophie looks great AND a different tiara. Perhaps the Queen reads all the forums and noticed how much Sophie should be allowed to borrow other jewellery.

In complete agreement about Sophie!

Last edited:
most beautiful and elegance royal lady Stephanie, Mathilde and Marie Chantal.

Where is Letizia, Tessy and Mary photos?

Where is Letizia, Tessy and Mary photos?

Letizia did not attend the gala, I believe they arrived this morning.

Crown Princess Mary - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y53pbkrXk...+GALA+DINNER+_Cour+Grand+Ducale+Guy+Wolff.jpg

Wearing a Jesper Høvring dress, seen on a model here.

We never got a clear full length picture of Tessy, nor any Luxembourg ladies. We only saw them sitting down, http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VjtSlADkM8w/UIHq_sotYVI/AAAAAAAANuQ/7GuuSH2CHQU/s1600/_T6.jpg

Oh wow Mary looks beautiful!

Was Madeleine at the wedding?

If Mary's dress is exact to the runway than it is not pretty. I don't get the top extra bit. I think if it was just a strapless dress, it would've worked better. Moreover she has worn much nicer dresses it would be a shame to start comparing to this red dress. I don't even want to go on about the hair do.

Was Madeleine at the wedding?

No, Madeleine did not attend :)

If Mary's dress is exact to the runway than it is not pretty. I don't get the top extra bit. I think if it was just a strapless dress, it would've worked better. Moreover she has worn much nicer dresses it would be a shame to start comparing to this red dress. I don't even want to go on about the hair do.

I agree. I would have preferred that with a ruffled bottom, if there were no ruffled bottom I could understand the sleeves.

Thanks Dazzling!
I was hoping she would be there.

Is that a new tiara Victoria is wearing? I've never seen it before.

It was interesting watching the royals during the church service. Most looked tired (too much partying the night before?) Prince Edward looked like he would go into a coma if the service lasted any longer. Princess Caroline looked very serious and sad--perhaps worrying about her children? Princess Mary was very serious, but not as sad. Felipe and Letizia showed that they had not stayed up late--bright eyed. Queen Margarethe was exhausted. Queen Beatrix was overcome with sadness and looked MUCH older during the wedding than she usually does; she looked like life had kicked her in the shins, and that might be an apt description considering Prince Friso's condition, and being a widow herself. The younger folks like Princess Alexandra, Tessy, Louis, and Felix looked healthier. I couldn't see Victoria and Daniel. Maxima was crying, as noted by others. It was heavy duty, a very serious wedding, perhaps longer and more serious than most of the royals were used to.
Maybe Prince Edward will think twice about taking on this type of duty again? He was actually sinking down into his uniform as if he could not stand another moment. I couldn't see his wife in the video shots I watched, but I notice she looked very nice and fresh the night before at the gala.

Last edited:
Wow. Such a great set of dresses and Parures from the ladies for such a memorable last grand wedding in a long time now.

The elie saab clan: I'm in love. Stephanie looks fantastic and the dress is classy but also young and cheery. Elie Saab is also the designer that creates the best outfits for maria Teresa. So I think she chose well. She never gets it wrong with him. And isnt it great how MT and stephanie chose to match? That is one sign of complicity. Marie Chantal looks also beautiful in her golden dress.

Funny how henri's sisters and sister in law are also matching in red. And what an elegant lady Diane de Guerre is! Talking about elegant, one cannot say less of princess sybilla. She looks superb at the gala but also at the wedding. So refined.

Victoria looks like a dream in that dress. It's beautiful. Such an excellent choice.

I have mixed feelings about maxima. I think my main problem is the revealing neckline and the 'coat'. I wish it was simpler but at the same time I think it adds to her outfit. But she has worn better ones.

MM: I'm glad she chose something that is not pastel colored.

I think lalla salma looks so much better with her hair down but I understand it's not very appropriate for a night event.

Back
Top Bottom