Guillaume and Stéphanie: the Pre-Church Wedding Gala Banquet

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is apparently either new or not seen in a long while and remains unidentified.
and the stunning sparklers that the Crown Princess draped around her neck are not to be sneezed at either! Does anyone know their history?:flowers:

I LOVE Sophie's tiara! Simple, elegant, and, exquisite.

Sophie looks stunning, and I love Victoria's tiara.

Tessy and Alexandra are wearing lovely tiaras as well. So delightful to see all this splendor under one roof :D.

In complete agreement about Sophie!
thanks to all the picture researchers and I share your enthusiasm about the various bejewelled princesses! I do wonder however about Crown Princess Mary and what some unkind posters have called her 'conehead' coiffure. If anyone could find a picture of the other side of this creation (indeed reminiscent of Alexandre in his glory days:flowers:) I would not be surprised if CP Mary had her ruby hairpins placed there!:whistling:

Fortimo, thanks for the "short video" which did show a great picture of Tessy (think it was her) standing up, with the tiara on, looking quite lovely. Nice picture! Also still photos posted by you, of Sophie of Wessex looking fresh and wonderful, with that spectacular tiara loaned by the Queen--with emeralds? And many others up close. Best pics so far.

Mariel1, Sophie's tiara was diamonds and aquamarines.

Does anyone have a photo of Stephanie's hair (from the back view) when she was wearing the grey evening dress. I thought her hairstyle was stunning.

Thanks, tihkon2 for the id on Sophie's tiara. One of the best and she wears it well.
I still can't get over Tessy's hat which was shaped like a heart if you see it at the right angle! A great wedding hat! But the heart was not visible in all pictures. The thread where people are voting on most elegant guest has a picture of her in the heart hat which you can see well. This should have been better seen. Certainly wins my vote for best hat at the wedding, just for sentimental appropriateness!

The more I know about Stephanie the more respect I have for her. Her father-in-law described her so well during his speech at the banquet : sensitive, intelligent, devoted, courageous, radiant, strong in her convictions yet gentle in expressing them.
These are genuinely noble qualities which are innate and cannot be copied no matter how hard some other people I have in mind might try.
I do believe that she will fulfill her new role perfectly well at her husband's side..

Last edited:
Wedding Gala Dinner of Prince Guillaume and Countess Stephanie de Lannoy

Back
Top Bottom