Felipe & Letizia's Pre-Wedding Dinner / May 21st, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Rosario of Bulgaria, Marie-Chantal of Greece and Mette-Marit of Norway were the best dressed that evening. Three absolutely GORGEOUS gowns, especially Marie-Chantal's, Oh my .. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

I'm very disappointed that Mary and Fred didn't attend, I'm sure Mary would have looked perfect, but they were on their honeymoon, that's just too bad.

Her_Majesty said:
Märtha-Louise really was one of the winners of the evening!
(It seems 2004 was her most stylish year. :lol: )
I simply love this dress and her hairdo (with the flower). It made her look much younger then she usually looks. Very refreshing..

Martha-Louise did look very pretty that evening and Ari Behn was so handsome compared to the last time I saw him at the birthday celebrations in Norway.

It is the first time I have visited this thread and what amazing pics.....all the ladies looked stunning with (and I'm sorry to say this) the exception of Victoria. I liked the colour of her outfit but not the style. I think that Elie Saab designs the most exquisite outfits ever, definitely a favourite of mine. So needless to say I think the Grand-Duchess TM looked the best.

Stellad

For me the best, the best, the best, by soooo far, was Princess Caroline, a dream...
After her
Letizia, both the infantas, and Queen Rania

Queen Rania with her mother-in-law Princess Muna, behidn you can see a glimpse of Princess Alia
LINK

(ANP)

Oh wow! Rania's husband, his name escapes me right now, really looks like his Mum! How cute!!

I'm very found of the Letizia gown of the pre weding gala diner. Very regal one.

I'm wondering if Lorenzo Caprile, the designer didn't took inspiration in this gown wore by the Countess of Barcelone?

What is your opinion? Interesting, isen't it?

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

( thanks to corbis )

adelaide said:
I'm wondering if Lorenzo Caprile, the designer didn't took inspiration in this gown wore by the Countess of Barcelone?

( thanks to corbis )
I agree with you, adelaide! :)

IMO, Rosario of Bulgaria was the best dressed woman of the evening! She's always stunning!

leonardinha said:
IMO, Rosario of Bulgaria was the best dressed woman of the evening! She's always stunning!

Hola made a poll after the wedding and the first place was for Princess Caroline of Mónaco and in the second place there was a tie between the Princess of Preslav, Queen Noor of Jordan (with the orange caftán) and Infanta Elena :flowers:!

adelaide said:
I'm very found of the Letizia gown of the pre weding gala diner. Very regal one.

( thanks to corbis )

Thanks Adelaide

It's a great dress and a great inspiration to relate to the Countess of Barcelona. Didn't Letizia wear her jewels as well on this occasion? Isn't this the dress that was changed lateron and Letizia wore it again at a gala dinner? If yes, I prefer the original. IMO after the change it lost a bit of the regal touch.

Yes it is the same dress you are talking about... That is a gorgeous picture of the Countess of Barcelona, she looks so beautiful

Duke of Marmalade said:
Thanks Adelaide

It's a great dress and a great inspiration to relate to the Countess of Barcelona. Didn't Letizia wear her jewels as well on this occasion? Isn't this the dress that was changed lateron and Letizia wore it again at a gala dinner? If yes, I prefer the original. IMO after the change it lost a bit of the regal touch.

I don't understand this drop of vinegar for the Princess of Asturias, it's totally unfair.

- First we have to thank her and her designer for this both discret but fantastic hommage to the Countess of Barcelone to create and to wear a gown with so regal inspiration. It's a fabalous tribute to " The mother of the King " the most marvelous title for the Countess of Barcelone, who never been Queen.

What the matter with the jewels? No comparaison is possible with a marvellous picture given a phantasmatic vew of the Countess of Barcelone, wearing part of the Spain Royal family jewellery, may be only for the pause of the painting, and the delicat jewels set gave by the Kings for her engagement wore by Letizia for her pre wedding gala diner.

I'm totally astonished by this kind of reflexions and it's very frustrating because I has took care to share with all of you a wonderful pic for wich up to now nobody has mad the remark about the so kind attention of Letizia to pay tribute to the beloved mother of the King, and for answer I can read an ironic sentence about the Letizia way of wearing her jewelles.

- Then, yes this somptuous gown has been a little changed ( the upper part ) to allow to Letizia to wear it with a sash and with her..... own somptuous jewels. May be I'm wrong, but after some researches, questions, lookings for documentation, I have never find the set of jewellery wore by the Princess of Asturias for this gala dinner - necklace, earrings, braclet in diamond and of contemporary style ( IMO) - wore by the Queen or the Infantas. This set is fantastic but it's not an historic set, th diamonds aremarvellous but not of the size of thos well knowed of the Queen Sofia and to end the design look vey recent, but I repeat may be I'm wrong. It's not the question, the topic is Letizia in changing the shape of her gown is lees regal that the first, may be - it's not my opion - but so what ? Less regal for what? Because she had want to manage a somptous gown with a gala a littles less somptuous but mainly to can wear her jewellery set! Do you think, it can be a possible explanation?

I have others pics interstings like that but if it's to give matter for criticize whithout any foundation, I keep them for me!!!!

Last edited:
I don't understand this drop of vinegar for the Princess of Asturias, it's totally unfair.

- First we have to thank her and her designer for this both discret but fantastic hommag to the Countess of Barcelone to create and to wear a gown with so regal inspiration. It's a fabalous tribute to " The mother of the King " the most marvelous title for the Countess of Barcelone, who never been Queen.

What the matter with the jewels? No comparaison is possible with a marvellous picture given a phantasmatic vew of the Countess of Barcelone, wearing part of the Spain Royal family jewellery, may be only for the pause of the painting, and the delicat jewels set gave by the Kings for her engagement wore by Letizia for her pre wedding gala diner.

I'm totally astonished by this kind of reflexions and it's very frustrating because I has took care to share with all of you a wonderful pic for wich up to now nobody has mad the remark about the so kind attention of Letizia to pay tribute to the beloved mother of the King, and for answer I can read an ironic sentence about the Letizia way of wearing her jewelles.

- Then, yes this somptuous gown has been a little changed ( the upper part ) to allow to Letizia to wear it with a sash and with her..... own somptuous jewels. May be I'm wrong, but after some researches, questions, lookings for documentation, I have never find the set of jewellery wore by the Princess of Asturias for this gala dinner - necklace, earrings, braclet in diamond and of contemporary style ( IMO) - wore by the Queen or the Infantas. This set is fantastic but it's not an historic set, th diamonds aremarvellous but not of the size of thos well knowed of the Queen Sofia and to end the design look vey recent, but I repeat may be I'm wrong. It's not the question, the topic is Letizia in changing the shape of her gown is lees regal that the first, may be - it's not my opion - but so what ? Less regal for what? Because she had want to manage a somptous gown with a gala a littles less somptuous but mainly to can wear her jewellery set! Do you think, it can be a possible explanation?

I have others pics interstings like that but if it's to give matter for criticize whithout any foundation, I keep them for me!!!!

?????
Sorry, must be a misunderstanding. What I wanted to say was

- great dress
- great inspiration of the designer to relate to the countess of Barcelona
- great choice of jewels by Letizia as they used to belong to the countess of Barcelona (present by the Kings) - correct me if I am wrong - and to honour her by this choice.

- the only "critizism" was that I liked this version of the dress more than the one after change.

That's all so apologies but I really don't get your response.

( thanks to corbis )

Yes very interesting indeed Adelaide. This is amazing, I love the gown of the Countess of Barcelona. She looks amazine on that picture and it looked amazing on letizia as well. :flowers: It's a nice kind of tribute to Maria de las Mercedes

?????
Sorry, must be a misunderstanding. What I wanted to say was

- great dress
- great inspiration of the designer to relate to the countess of Barcelona
- great choice of jewels by Letizia as they used to belong to the countess of Barcelona (present by the Kings) - correct me if I am wrong - and to honour her by this choice.

- the only "critizism" was that I liked this version of the dress more than the one after change.

That's all so apologies but I really don't get your response.

Thanks for your words, it's me who didn't understood your precedent post that I beleived as we rae costum to say in french " avec une plume trempée dans du vinaigre" ( roughly translation : written with a vinegar soaked pen ".

As I begin to know your great sens of the analysis but not necessary leeding to the same conlsusions as me, with my poor not fluent english I can make some errors of lecture.

So, I apologize again.

Thanks for your words, it's me who didn't understood your precedent post that I beleived as we rae costum to say in french " avec une plume trempée dans du vinaigre" ( roughly translation : written with a vinegar soaked pen ".

As I begin to know your great sens of the analysis but not necessary leeding to the same conlsusions as me, with my poor not fluent english I can make some errors of lecture.

So, I apologize again.

No worries :flowers: There was no irony in my post.
It's great that you found this picture as I had not known the background of the design of Letizia's pre wedding dress before. It's a very nice gesture of Caprile and Letizia to chose this dress together with jewels that used to belong to the countess of Barcelona. She must have felt very honored that evening.

Caprile did some fantastic dresses for Letizia, not only this one. I am wondering what he has in mind for her next time and I am looking forward to seeing his designs on future gala occasions.

It is curious, I believe that habeis discovered something, which so at least the press could discover in its day.
The jewels that Letizia was taking this night were a gift of the King and they belonged to her mother, since Duke has said. It is curious to see as the dress it was also a clear inspiration in this Doña Maria's garment. I ask myself where this portrait is.

- First we have to thank her and her designer for this both discret but fantastic hommage to the Countess of Barcelone to create and to wear a gown with so regal inspiration. It's a fabalous tribute to " The mother of the King " the most marvelous title for the Countess of Barcelone, who never been Queen.

Isn't this the dress that was changed lateron and Letizia wore it again at a gala dinner? If yes, I prefer the original. IMO after the change it lost a bit of the regal touch.
Adelaide, I think Duke refer to these changes- from regal neckline/off the shoulder style during the pre-wedding dinner then they change it to this sleeveless/strappy shoulder design worn a year later in January 2005.
which I think is still lovely here are two more pics:
Whole body
Close-up :wub:
but Duke find the original off-the-shoulder design more regal. Am I right Duke? :flowers:
And I believe there is a misunderstanding in that Duke did not compare it to the gown of the Countess of Barcelona.

It is curious, I believe that habeis discovered something, which so at least the press could discover in its day.
The jewels that Letizia was taking this night were a gift of the King and they belonged to her mother, since Duke has said. It is curious to see as the dress it was also a clear inspiration in this Doña Maria's garment. I ask myself where this portrait is.
I remember that Felipe said during the engagement interview that aside from the engagement ring he gave and the saphire cuff links she gave, they also have one more gift to each other- Letizia gave him an 18th century literary book and Felipe said he gave Letizia a family jewelry of pearl and saphire- which as we can see the necklace and earrings Letizia wore in this pre-wedding is of pearl with sapphires :flowers: So, it was Felipe who gave this jewelry set, and not the King and Queen- the Kings gave Letizia this diamond earrings she wore on her wedding day. The largest diamond that dangles is 4 carats on each ear plus the 2 middle sized and 6 smaller diamonds, so the earrings is more than 10 carats, maybe even more than 16 carats. Another photo and one more :wub:

The jewels of the family do not belong to the Prince, they belong to the King, so the Prince only can give them to his wife with the permission of his father.

Adelaide, I think Duke refer to these changes- from regal neckline/off the shoulder style during the pre-wedding dinner then they change it to this sleeveless/strappy shoulder design worn a year later in January 2005.
which I think is still lovely here are two more pics:
Whole body
Close-up :wub:
but Duke find the original off-the-shoulder design more regal. Am I right Duke? :flowers:
And I believe there is a misunderstanding in that Duke did not compare it to the gown of the Countess of Barcelona.

nouwrein that's exactly what I wanted to say :flowers: I definitely prefer the orgininal version worn at the pre wedding dinner to amended one, worn at the gala dinner in 2005.

does any one have good pictures of what Letizia's sisters wore to this event

Are there any pics of the greek royal family greeting felipe and letizia?

I love looking back at this thread! Letizia (and the whole SRF) looked so absolutely stunning and happy!!! I still can't get enough of the pictures of Letizia hugging her grandparents, it's so sweet :wub:

does any one have good pictures of what Letizia's sisters wore to this event
Post 187 on page 10 and post 201 on page 11 has some pictures of her sisters. Erica was dressed in a black dress, while Telma wore an amazingly looking emerald colour dress. I haven't been able to find any other!

Are there any pics of the greek royal family greeting felipe and letizia?
I haven't been able to locate any on the previous pages, but maybe you cna catch this moment on one of the videos of when all the royalty entered into the palace and greeted the royal family, I believed pretty much everything was filmed :flowers:

Hate to switch topics but as to who was the best dressed but
GD Maria Teresa?????
Too tanned, too much gold color, too tight, just too, too ....
Those wispy fabric pieces covering her upper arms - Ugh!
If it was worn by a movie star at a movie event, then you know it is going to be over the top -
MT - stick to the empire waist gowns - a much more flattering choice!

I can´t see theses videos:ermm:

They work just fine for me. I believe they open with windows media player. Can it be that you don't have that programme installed on your computer and that it doesn't work for that reason?

I seem to remember that when the Italian royal family came through, Clotilde was presented to Letizia and Letizia made a small face and pulled back a little and kind of raised her eyes in almost a surprised look..not sure what that was about, but when you get to the part of the video when they are inside greeting their guests, you can see it...

Too funny!!! When you are watching it at 1:32.. 1 hour 32 minutes.. Letizia just gave Clotilide this LOOK right after they shook hands....wow...

In all fairness Clotilide looked nervous and messed up the two kiss and curtsey to the Queen. HM very kindly showed her how to do it properly..very sweet moment.

Thank you, Elsa M, for providing the videos!!! It has been a couple of years since I had seen them.

Back
Top Bottom