Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling's Pre-Wedding Events: June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone on the eastern seaboard of the US know what channel is covering the wedding if any? I have looked everywhere!!!!

Thank you for having asked Suztav, it was wonderful.
In times like this you ask yourself how you could manage before the Internet existed !

Thank you for having asked Suztav, it was wonderful.
In times like this you ask yourself how you could manage before the Internet existed !

I watched the link of the entrance and cried! 'Just too beautiful for words!

I agree ... what would we all have done in an Internet-less world! Bless all the geeks :):lol:

I'm so looking forward for tomorrow! It will be mid-morning on the east coast of the USA by the time the wedding begins ... I can't believe the day is finally here.

Three cheers for the beautiful Crown Princess Victoria :):):)

Does anyone on the eastern seaboard of the US know what channel is covering the wedding if any? I have looked everywhere!!!!
None but on the homepage are links to spots where you can watch it online.:)

It's not being aired in the United States as there's no reason to air it here. You'll have to watch it online.

Thank you to all of you with your help with pictures and videos:
My favorite princesses were: (not in any order)
* Victoria, her dress, her smile, she was glowing...
* Letizia, even-thought she is too thin, she looked stunning...
* Mette-Marie, her dress beautiful, her hairdo reminded me of the way Letizia wore hers at Mary and Frederik's wedding.
I can not wait to see the wedding tomorrow :)

Letizia's dress horrible...she has no shape with that dress. Loved Mary's dress and of course Victoria's dress. The bride looked radiant. Maxima's dress beautiful too.

I can't wait to see everyone's dresses tomorrow esp Victoria's! I'm going to be relaying on pictures since my comp keeps crashing everytime i go to the website. (((sigh)))  maybe someone can put them up on youtube?

over all i think everyone looked good .victoria was stunning and happy . she and daniel looke really cute. is it me or does charlene look like she has this look on her face like "we better be getting married soon" .

Letizia's dress horrible...she has no shape with that dress. Loved Mary's dress and of course Victoria's dress. The bride looked radiant. Maxima's dress beautiful too.

neither of them have any shape IMO.....is there a ban on colour or what ????:bang:

Hiya NoorMeansLight! I'm just watching the concert and its a class act. Indeed a great time was had by all. Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Orance, CP Haakon and Cp. Mette Marit, P. Ali and P. Rym Al-Ali, CP. Felipe and CP. Letizia, CP. Fredrik and CP. Mary, Queen Margrette and P. Henrik of Denmark, King Carl Gustaf & Queen Silvia of Sweden, P. Madelein, P. Carl Philip, all looked Fabulous, especially the guests of Honor: CP Victoria and Daniel Westling :D

I also liked the Engagement Formal Dinner, where King Carl Gustaf mentions that although the Wedding is a joyous event for the SRF and visiting Royal cousins; it was also a matter of State. Subject to approval of the Swedish Government. Meaning that vigorous checks are carried out before the engagement can be announced. :p Thereby demonstrating that great care is taken to ensure the success of the Royal House Hold ;)

Many congratulations to the happy Princely Couple :flowers: :flowers:

I enjoyed the concert a lot! Roxette were amazing - everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun. Except for Letizia who had that look on her face: Why is everybody having fun? :lol: I wish Victoria a good night sleep - she will look stunning tomorrow, I'm sure! :flowers:

Great !!....I hope Dan The Man will get the title he deserves.....Crown Prince Daniel....as he is ultimately more suitable than some of his female counterparts........urghhhh.......

Victoria looked radiant. I love her dress!!! Can't wait until tomorrow (of course it's already tomorrow over there:lol:).

Has anyone seen a picture of Victoria's hair ornament, the 'cupid's arrow'? I haven't seen it properly in any of the photos but I'd like to see it.

OMG, does Victoria look radiant! Better than I have ever seen her, and I'm one of her biggest fans. :)

Thanks to everyone for links to the Getty Images, plus more. I just don't know what I'd do without you guys. I've started a separate folder just for 'Wedding' shots. (I'm such a stalker!) And I LOVE the little music-video thing svt has in the beginning of their shows (with the frog?) I recognize the palace, and the royal opera house, but is the barn near Daniel's home? Is that his street in the beginning? (I've watched it about 12x now!

Have you noticed they have added two more channels for tomorrow??? And ONE has a note..."for viewers outside the Nordic area"!!! PLEASE let them narrate in English! (Sorry, but I don't speak Swedish.)

I forgot to mention, how adorable are the little royals. Christian is such a cutie now, and Ingrid-Alexandra is such a pretty child. She has inherited her mothers bone structure me thinks! My favourite has to be Amalia, she is such a bubbling ball of fun. So much like her mother.

Has anyone seen a picture of Victoria's hair ornament, the 'cupid's arrow'? I haven't seen it properly in any of the photos but I'd like to see it.

Here you go! It's the foot long arrow brooch from the family's collection. Sylvia's worn it a couple times.

Cupid's Arrow

I just saw it on the wedding page on the Swedish Royal website. She wore it in her hair at the concert. It is beautiful.

OMG, does Victoria look radiant! Better than I have ever seen her, and I'm one of her biggest fans. :)

Thanks to everyone for links to the Getty Images, plus more. I just don't know what I'd do without you guys. I've started a separate folder just for 'Wedding' shots. (I'm such a stalker!) And I LOVE the little music-video thing svt has in the beginning of their shows (with the frog?) I recognize the palace, and the royal opera house, but is the barn near Daniel's home? Is that his street in the beginning? (I've watched it about 12x now!

Have you noticed they have added two more channels for tomorrow??? And ONE has a note..."for viewers outside the Nordic area"!!! PLEASE let them narrate in English! (Sorry, but I don't speak Swedish.)

Don't feel bad. My Swedish is a little rusty, too!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
can somebody post the clip when the presenter made jokes about the frederik,mary,haakon and mette marit?
THANK YOU

I quite disagree. Letizia is naturally thin but her gown is simply stunning on her. I was afraid actually that she will wear something horrible again but hey, she never goes wrong with a red gown. Mary is getting thin too and the dress didn't help her. It could have been flattering even if she's thin if she decided to have it in another color. Green perhaps? I like Mary in green because of her hair color just as I love Letizia in red. Victoria's dress is lovely even if it's nude. She's very elegant though. I agree that MM should stick to pastel colors. She's lovely wearing those hues. Madeleine's ok as well as Mathilde and it's a repeat.

I wonder why we don't have pictures of the Lux princes? I would love to see Felix. :D

Here you go! It's the foot long arrow brooch from the family's collection. Sylvia's worn it a couple times.

Cupid's Arrow

Thank you so much! What a lovely piece! Quite a romantic idea to wear it on her hair to the pre-wedding concert. :)

I'm afraid I won't be able to watch the wedding before 4 pm Swedish time (midnight here in Sydney), our service provider is limiting the bandwidth until that time... Not sure if I'll be able to view it then either since it is a long way to Sweden from here... I'm only hoping they'll make a huge DVD collection afterwards with everything including the evening celebrations and all so I get to see everything. I've managed to get my sister to tape the wedding for me but not sure she'll tape the wedding dinner part of the celebrations or how much she'll be able to record for me.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the wedding dress!!!

I'm not trying to get off topic, but Letizia's eyes are a bit sad. I didn't know her sister died though. I do hope she finds the strength and courage to be happy in life.
I thought all of the royal ladies looked stunning! Yes there were a few whose sense of style was a bit interesting, but all in all I thought all of the ladies looked good and unique.

If I had to pick my favorites it would be:
1)Victoria....she looked amazing! She wore thee perfect dress and I thought she looked outstanding.
2)Mette-Marit...I love her sense of color and she's not afraid to wear something different.
3)Mary...as always she looked amazing, but I was disappointed in her concert gown. It had a "raggedy" look.
4)Madeleine...for some reason she doesn't have to try hard and she still manages to look beautiful.
5)Letizia...I liked the bottom of her gown and her curls.

Even Maxima looked nice. The concert was like the Oscars. Everyone was dressed to a t. I feel sorry for the men....the only thing they can wear is suits.

What did the king say in his speech?

Silvia´s tears
Silvias tårar | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
The swedish royal family had a party after the concert at a private boat.
Daniel and Victoria weren´t there, they returned after the concert to the Stockholm castle. Daniel´s parents are staying there during the wedding.
Hemlig efterfest i natt | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Victoria and Daniel leaving the concert
Sov gott - i dag blir ni man och hustru - Bröllopet | Expressen

The young royals had a party at the Grand Hotel with Victoria´s and Daniel´s friends. Frederik and Mary kissed.
Här är helgens första kyssbild - Bröllopet | Expressen
Photos from last night, Mette-Marit and Letizia talking, the kiss...
Expressen
Johan T Lindwall from Expressen writes about the eight years of Victoria and Daniel
Himlen runt hörnet - efter åtta års väntan - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

Back
Top Bottom