Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling's Pre-Wedding Events: June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm speaking from experience BTW.
QUOTE]

Hi, Tiggersk8. Just wanted to say thanks for providing some insight into Daniel's medical condition and recovery. I had noticed the characteristic you refer to as "moon-face" and thought it had something to do with the condition, not the treatment. I think he is a nice looking man but in older pictures he has more angular features and looked more athletic/chiseled.

Your explanation was information and it is nice to get it first-hand from someone who knows.

I'm happy your system continues to work correctly and hope that it continues to do so for many years. I am sure your advice about proper medication is something Daniel has received more than a few times from his doctors.

Thanks again for the info. Hope to see more postings from you in the future.

Rascal

Here is a video on the glasses Victoria and Daniel received:
http://www.tv4.se/1.1659697
The frozen optic of the glasses was choosen because of the date of engagement and the place were Daniel asked Victoria to marry him. That Victoria is a princess of the north was also important.

I don't like this rank thing where only high officials and head of organizations can greet and congratulate the couple. They should allow some "normal" people to congratulate them also.

There were not only high officials and head of organizations. There were also friends and family like the nephew of Queen Silvia, Patrick Sommerlath, the sister of Daniel and also many friends of the couple. Here you can read about it (in english). Emma Pernald did also attend...

Thank you for all pictures and videos :flowers: Everybody looked great. Victoria was all in smiles. Daniel looks-a-like his father.

He had contact lenses at the engagement events. I think that he looks better with glasses. But we must not forget that Daniel was very ill and heavily medicated during the winter 2009.
ANP Beeldbank

So true. And he has lost a lot of weight since then. Thank you all for the updates and photos! :flowers: They all look so happy! I'm sure this is going to be the wedding of the decade!!! :)

Här får Victoria och Daniel öva sig lite - Bröllopet - Allt om kronprinsessan Victorias och Daniels bröllop | Expressen
Great photos, though it´s a pity that the king seldom smiles...
Purepeople: Victoria de Suède : Plus personne ne peut s'opposer à son mariage historique !
Photos:
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Per Gessle (from Roxette) with his wife
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Victoria's friend Martina Gahn Bonde with boyfriend Carl Liska.
b-e-w photo
Victoria's cousins Victor and Oscar Magnuson
b-e-w photo
Victoria's cousin Gustav Magnuson
b-e-w photo
Swedish billionaire Robert Andrén with wife Agneta
b-e-w photo

i'm so excited for the wedding....hope i can see it live in the internet since I'm pretty sure philippine networks won't carry the wedding broadcast

Thank you Rascal and I'm certainly enjoying it here at TRF. :)

They look so happy and must be getting so excited now that the festivties have kicked into official high gear. I can't wait to see Victoria's Wedding Dress. She's going to be a beautiful bride I think.

Very nice pictures and the couple seems very happy together! Going back to the topic of fashion, I really like Daniel in the glasses, but I would be a bit curious to see him without such harshly slicked hair. It might soften the look a bit.

I hope Daniel parks his dark frame glasses for the wedding. They seem to take over his whole face. He seems quite shy, so perhaps that's why he has been wearing them so much -- although I can't remember him wearing his glasses quite this much in all the years of their courtship.

:previous: Are the Banns not called on the three consecutive Sundays before the wedding in Sweden?

The banns are on sundays before the wedding, the lysning is the presentation of the gifts. Rather then have one long lysning they broke it up and stretched it over multiply days, there will be another on Tuesday and Thursday.

Today the crown princess gets emotional when she receives a picture of Princess Lillian during the reading of the bann ceremony at the Royal Palace and the queen wear black dress!

It's Princess Lilian dangerously ill?
progress.gif

I cannot see any of the ANP pictures.
Princess Lillian is very old and is prone to accidents.

When I open the ANP links I only see pictures of the Dutch State Visit to Norway. :ermm:

I can now see the pictures I have just searched for on that very site.

The banns are on sundays before the wedding, the lysning is the presentation of the gifts. Rather then have one long lysning they broke it up and stretched it over multiply days, there will be another on Tuesday and Thursday.

Thanks. I didn't know the english word for Lysning.

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;1087834 said:
First pics of today from royalcourt.se:
Andra lysningsmottagningen för Kronprinsessparet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

and here are some from ANP:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I think the picture shows the young Princess Lilian. In the text on the side it is said Victoria was moved to tears.

The links do not work, unfortunately....
ANP Beeldbank Hope this one works....

Daniel looks so much nicer when he really smiles. And no one can complete with that beautiful beautiful smile of CP V!

I hope Daniel parks his dark frame glasses for the wedding. They seem to take over his whole face. He seems quite shy, so perhaps that's why he has been wearing them so much -- although I can't remember him wearing his glasses quite this much in all the years of their courtship.
For many people wearing glasses vs contact lenses it is often a matter of external influences. When it is windy or dry air the contact lenses are often very uncomfortable. So like so many people with challenged eyesight Daniel probably use whatever is most comfortable at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom