Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling's Pre-Wedding Events: June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stefan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Esslingen
Country
Germany
A thread for the pre-Wedding Events of Crown pricness Victoria and Daniel Westling
This is a timetable fo the planned Events

publishing of the Banns of marriage between Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westlign at the Slotkyrkan at the Royal Palace of Stockholm
followed by a
a reception at the Royal Palace for publis authorities, organisations, associations and companies at the Royal Palace at Stockholm

reception at the Royal Palace for publis authorities, organisations, associations and companies at the Royal Palace at Stockholm

reception at the Royal Palace for publis authorities, organisations, associations and companies at the Royal Palace at Stockholm

Private dinner at Drottningholm Palace hosted by King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia.

Government reception at the Stockholm City Hall in Stockholm, hosted by the Swedish government.

Dinner at the Eric Ericson-hall on Skeppsholmen in Stockholm, hosted by the Swedish government.

Concert at Stockholm Concert Hall, hosted by the Swedish parliament. A number of prominent artists and musicians will take part, together with the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra.

This thread is closed until the start of the Celebrations.

Last edited:
What is this pre-wedding event?
Reading of the Banns?

Daniel Westling arriving to the church:
Lysning för Victoria och Daniel i dag - Bröllopet - Allt om kronprinsessan Victorias och Daniels bröllop | Expressen
Photos, these will be updated all the time
Expressen

Here´s the program of the church service, where the publishing of the banns of marriage between The Crown Princess and Mr Daniel Westling will be made:
Lysningen: minut för minut | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Jenny Alexandersson writes at her blog in Aftonbladet, that the king and the Queen arrived with Victoria and Daniel. Carl Philip and Tord Magnuson came into the church shortly before. Daniel's parents, Ewa and Olle looked very happy while coming to the church.
Kungaparet kom in... « Hovbloggen
Victoria arriving:
Aftonbladet
The King, the Queen, Victoria and Daniel arriving to the church:
Expressen
Daniel´s parents Ewa and Olle Westling:
Expressen

Gallery of images from the arrivals of the Royal Family and the Westlings from ANP:
ImageShack Album - 5 images

I like the colour and style of Victoria's outfit - and her headpiece is a little funky (funky in a good way).

What is this pre-wedding event?
Reading of the Banns?

If you decide to get married, you must order/call the wedding banns.
There are the state and the church banns, depending on how the
couple wants to marry. Both types are an announcement to the
public that a couple plans to marry and it's the public call to unknown
potential claims or rights. In some countries it's also called registration
for the wedding.

Carl-Philip and Tord are matching. Who is he btw?
So it's like a wedding license, in a sense.

Photo from the church:
Daylife
At the reception, the Swedish Government and Parliament presented their gift, a 1000 piece glass set which has been designed by Professor Erika Lagerbielke and hand made by Orrefors.
Daylife
Daylife
Photos from today:
Presentregn över det blivande brudparet | Svensk Damtidning - Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg
SVT
Group photo: the king, the queen, Victoria, Daniel, Ewa and Olle Westling
Svenska Dagbladet

A video from the reception:
Webbexklusivt: Här tar brudparet emot gåvan - Rapport | SVT Play

Wow the Westlings do like to multi-buy those types of glasses. ;)

(Haven't been able to find this as a seperate thread)

Victoria looks radiant.

Who is Patrick Sommerlath? A nephew of Sylvia's?

Yes he is Walther Sommerlaths son.

I think they did good work on shaping Daniel to a more regal image. He looks good in the photographs. Does he always wear glasses? Have you ever seen him in contact lenses?

I think they did good work on shaping Daniel to a more regal image. He looks good in the photographs. Does he always wear glasses? Have you ever seen him in contact lenses?

He had contact lenses at the engagement events. I think that he looks better with glasses. But we must not forget that Daniel was very ill and heavily medicated during the winter 2009.
ANP Beeldbank

Its so nice to see the parents of Victoria and Daniel together in one picture. I hope the next two banns will also be wonderful.

He had contact lenses at the engagement events. I think that he looks better with glasses. But we must not forget that Daniel was very ill and heavily medicated during the winter 2009.
ANP Beeldbank

He does look better with glasses, sexier. ;):)

The glasses do distinguish him more. Without glasses the couple has a similar appearance. Victoria and Daniel almost seem as if they could be related.

I think the light blue dress absolutely lovely.
The princess and Daniel look very happy. :D

But we must not forget that Daniel was very ill and heavily medicated during the winter 2009.
ANP Beeldbank

I know he had to have a kidney transplant. Did they ever say why? Ie what was the nature of the problem to begin with? Is he going to be ok and be able to have a normal life? Victoria has waited so long for this marriage, I just hope that all will be well as she SEEMS to be a very nice and genuine person who is deeply in love with him.

Victoria looks gorgeous!! I love the hat. The Queen looks beautiful too. The King looks smashing and Carl Philip looks a bit ill. It would have been nice to see Madeleine there.
I see a lot of people brought gifts. Is this something like a wedding shower?

do they accept gifts from ordinary people?

I don't like this rank thing where only high officials and head of organizations can greet and congratulate the couple. They should allow some "normal" people to congratulate them also.

I know he had to have a kidney transplant. Did they ever say why? Ie what was the nature of the problem to begin with? Is he going to be ok and be able to have a normal life? Victoria has waited so long for this marriage, I just hope that all will be well as she SEEMS to be a very nice and genuine person who is deeply in love with him.

So long as Daniel takes his Antirejection Medications when and how he's been told and anything else the Doctors have told him to do, he'll be able to have a very normal life. I'm speaking from experience BTW.

My kidneys failed as one of the many side issues of an extremely rare form of Dwarfism I have. My parents were told I have a very mild form of the disease, but if this is the mild form then I'm very thankful that's all it is. For instance, we were also told I'd never reach a normal height and I'm 5"2. :) I don't know why this bone disease goes after the Kidneys and neither do the Doctors, due to it being just so very rare, but it did.

I spent nearly two years on Dialysis and this is the second Transplant I've had. The first one never really worked due to it possibly being too long a time between it getting to me from my Donor. My current Transplant I recieved on December 10th, 1993 and Thank God it's been working just as it should be doing.

You still have to do what you're told to do to keep things that way. For instance, you have to take your Antirejection Meds at the same time every day. No delays or deciding to see what if...Even the slightest difference could start something that in turn ends up endangering the Transplant. Monthly Blood Work is a huge piece of keeping track or and making sure that everything is fine.

There will be things that Daniel won't be able to do, but that has more to do w/the location of the Transplant. It's in the lower abdomen area of the body, so there's no rib cage to protect it like our normal kidneys have. Other than that, there's no reason for him to not have as normal a life as possible.

Sorry for taking this OT, but as a fellow Transplant Recipient, for once I can actually say that I know what, in this case, a Future Member of a Royal Family has and is going through. I have noticed that Daniel's lost a lot of what's known as "The Moon Face look" the last five months. What causes that is from the high drug levels, especially Predinsone, that every Recepient is put on during the early days of everything. As time goes on and the body adjusts, then the dosages of the meds also are adjusted and that look goes away.

Which is great because it's a fantastic sign that Daniel's new Kidney is very happy and staying that way. :)

And on that note...I hope that answers your questions caroline matilda. :)

Back
Top Bottom