Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling's Pre-Wedding Events: June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was 2 days befoe the wedding, they had lunch at rosendal/burg castle

Last edited by a moderator:
I was out and about yesterday and saw that Royalty Magazine's Special Issue covering Victoria and Daniel's Wedding is available in Canada.

It's excellent and there's a few pictures I haven't seen before.

Just letting my fellow Canadians know, but if it's available here, then it's a good bet it's out in the States too. :eek:)

Thank you, I picked up a copy tonight while I was out. :flowers:

Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein and princess Rym of Jordan Privat middag, Drottningholms slott 2010-06-17 (c) Charles Hammarsten / IBL Private dinner, Drottningholm Palace, 2010-06-17
Ali & Rym

Last edited by a moderator:
Great find Huda. I hadn't realized Prince Ali and Princess Rym had attended the party. Ali and Victoria are friends so it makes sense. Now I wonder if any of the other Jordanian royals attended the event (except for the King and Queen of course who didn't attend the pre-wedding events)

Behind the scenes from svt
Bakom kulisserna - Det kungliga bröllopet | SVT Play
58 minutes about the preparations to wedding
(unfortunately in Swedish only but I love every 'behind the scenes of royal's live)

They told us that we would see Victoria have a talk with Daniels mother. I thought it would be something other than "Tomorrow is the big day." If you only want to see Victoria then start watching 40 mins in

Behind the scenes from svt
Bakom kulisserna - Det kungliga bröllopet | SVT Play
58 minutes about the preparations to wedding
(unfortunately in Swedish only but I love every 'behind the scenes of royal's live)

Thank you for the post, agami.pearl. Having worked in conventions and catering before, it was very interesting for me to see the preparations before (and sometimes during) the festivities. This clip shows the amount of work and attention to detail that on that day was so easily overlooked because it was all done so well.

I did find it very interesting that Daniel's friend/business partner was the head of the catering and that Victoria's friend Andrea Brodin Engsall's husband was in charge of/a spokesman for (I don't speak Swedish so I'm not exactly sure) the company which produced all of the commemorative items for sale in connectin with the wedding. At least that is what they showed while he was speaking. Were there any complaints that two of the biggest production accounts went to two of the couple's friends?

Thanks again for the post. I really enjoyed it.

Rascal

The only uproar came when Niklas Ek, best friend of Daniel Westling and radioman, was selected to make a documentury about Ockelbo. He was removed from the project.

The head of the operacellar had been catering for the royals for 7 years so i guess he was choosen on merit and not because he was Daniels friend

Thanks for the information, mattep74. It just seemed kind of strange that people with such close connections to the couple were featured/allowed themselves to be featured so prominently in the documentary since there is IMHO considerable coverage of them as friends in some of the Swedish media I have seen.

Your welcome! duchess, did you ever get the documentary to work?

ETA: glad to hear you did! Just an FYI uploaded individual links to the pre-wedding videos I ripped the other day

Alrighty finally done! If anything else comes up that you guys need let me know!

Last edited:
I'll rip it then add in what I can find of the news reports of the pre-wedding events

Last edited:

Thank you so much for sharing this link. I only saw parts of the concert in youtube and was very happy to see the whole one. A great concert :)

Would anybody please be so kind and translate what the moderator says at minute 54 about CP Frederik, CP Haakon, CP Mette-Marit and CP Mary? I don't understand Swedish, I think it's about some music characteristics of the Scandinavian royals as the group singing afterwards is called "Jazz Divas of Scandinavia"? Thank you!!

Thank you so much for sharing this link. I only saw parts of the concert in youtube and was very happy to see the whole one. A great concert :)

Would anybody please be so kind and translate what the moderator says at minute 54 about CP Frederik, CP Haakon, CP Mette-Marit and CP Mary? I don't understand Swedish, I think it's about some music characteristics of the Scandinavian royals as the group singing afterwards is called "Jazz Divas of Scandinavia"? Thank you!!

Go back a few pages in this thread were i said what they said:)

i have seen a photo from the concert were carl philip and madeleine are dancing does anyone have such photo?

I'm uploading videos which include the engagement announcement, full concert, the summary of the wedding plus more pre-wedding events such as the marriage banns.

does anyone know what the speaker says about frederik and haakon and mary and mette-marit at 55:00 ?

Last edited:
I think I remember something about Stefan Forsberg, the emcee, saying something about the Scandinavian royals forming a band with Fred and Haakon playing guitar and drums, Mette-Marit singing, and Mary playing the diggeradoo (spelling?), the twangy sounding instrument played by the indigenous people of Australia.

I think I remember something about Stefan Forsberg, the emcee, saying something about the Scandinavian royals forming a band with Fred and Haakon playing guitar and drums, Mette-Marit singing, and Mary playing the diggeradoo (spelling?), the twangy sounding instrument played by the indigenous people of Australia.

Thanks Rascal for your help. I appreciate it :flowers:

Alrighty here we go...

This is the full concert (per the new link kindly provided to us from one of our members)
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Clips from the pre-wedding interview

This is from the engagement press conference

This is from the statement from the King Queen Victoria and Daniel after the engagement announcement

These are news reports from the marriage banns

This is a news report from the party thrown on the governor's ship

Last edited:
Photos:
Royal wedding in Stockholm..18-19.06.2010 - Irene Persson - Picasa-verkkoalbumit

Gala concert at Stockholm Concert Hall - pixmac

Some photos:
The Local
The Local
The Local
The Local

Photographer Henrik Montgomery´s photo of Victoria and Daniel arriving to the Concert Hall on 18th June has been awarded as the photo of the Year (entertainment) in Sweden.
Årets bilder är utsedda - Norran

Victoria, Daniel and queen Silvia on June 16th:
Landshövding Kristina bloggar

Photos from the reception after the concert 18th June:
Victoria and Daniel with Swan Lake Stars Wu Zhengdan and Wei Baohua.
Home - SWAN LAKE - Die Akrobatik-Sensation aus Fernost
Albert and Charlene:

Black and white photos:
Rickard Eriksson
Rickard Eriksson
Rickard Eriksson
Rickard Eriksson

From ship Götheborg, 16th June
Smugmug - The Swedish Ship Götheborg
Smugmug - The Swedish Ship Götheborg