Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling's Pre-Wedding Events: June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe--though I could be wrong--that the female singer in Roxette is Anna-Frid from ABBA's daughter. So I suppose that although ABBA isn't singing, there's still a connection with CP Victoria's parent's pre-wedding concert.:flowers:

She's got the look - so no Abba, but still great!

I believe--though I could be wrong--that the female singer in Roxette is Anna-Frid from ABBA's daughter.

That's incorrect. Marie Fredriksson (the lead singer) is not related to Anni-Frid Lyngstad. She was born in 1958 and Anni-Frid was 13 then. While it's not impossible to bear a child at 13, it's highly unlikely.

BTW, a little fun fact about Anni-Frid. She's married to a German prince, so she's technically a royal! Her title is Her Serene Highness, Princess Anni-Frid Synni Reuss, Countess of Plauen.

That's incorrect. Marie Fredriksson (the lead singer) is not related to Anni-Frid Lyngstad. She was born in 1958 and Anni-Frid was 13 then. While it's not impossible to bear a child at 13, it's highly unlikely.

BTW, a little fun fact about Anni-Frid. She's married to a German prince, so she's technically a royal! Her title is Her Serene Highness, Princess Anni-Frid Synni Reuss, Countess of Plauen.
She is a widow now but presumably kept the royal title.

An ABBA member has a royal title, that's something I didn't know.

I have a favor to ask to our Swedish speaking posters. During the concert on the eve of the wedding the moderator made some funny remarks about the Danish and Norwegian Crown Prince couples. He said something about all four of them that made everyone laugh. I am desperate to know what the joke was all about. Could anyone capable of Swedish please tell more about it? Thank you :)

Photos from yesterday night:
Kronprinsessan vackrast igår! | Posh24.se

A video made after the concert, Mark Levengood interviewed the artists, you can also see some shots of the royals at the reception:
Vimmel i Grünewaldsalen - Det kungliga bröllopet | SVT Play
Victoria held a speech at the reception at the concert, it´s on this video. It starts about 24.00 minutes
Försnack bröllopsdagen - Det kungliga bröllopet | SVT Play

Photos of Victoria and Daniel leaving after the concert and reception:
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Mette-Marit at the concert:
b-e-w photo
Märtha Louise and Ari Behn
b-e-w photo
Madeleine and King Constantine
b-e-w photo

I have a favor to ask to our Swedish speaking posters. During the concert on the eve of the wedding the moderator made some funny remarks about the Danish and Norwegian Crown Prince couples. He said something about all four of them that made everyone laugh. I am desperate to know what the joke was all about. Could anyone capable of Swedish please tell more about it? Thank you :)

He told that the swedish, norwegian and danish royals meet often and then he suggested that the younger Scandinavian royals should start up their own band – Frederik would play the drums and Haakon the electric guitar. Mette-Marit, of course, would sing lead vocals, and Mary whose roots are roots in Australia could play the didgeridoo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meaning of the song

does anyone know what the two children when they sang for Princess Victoria and Daniel what have they said? because when Daniel was, they all laughed at the girl sang

does anyone know what the two children when they sang for Princess Victoria and Daniel what have they said? because when Daniel was, they all laughed at the girl sang

Here´s an article about the concert and the children singing:
Britta Svensson: Barnens sång hade något som inte går att regissera - kärlek - Britta Svensson - Expressen.se
Translation:
Google Translate

Some photos from last Friday:
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia

A nice photo from the reception on Friday:
SE og HØR

Crown Princess Victoria is greeted by Johann Georg Prince von Hohenzollern, husband of Princess Birgitta of Sweden, as they arrive for a Government dinner
Fotobanka ČTK
Fotobanka ČTK
Fotobanka ČTK

Svensk Damtidning tells that Victoria´s and Daniel´s cousins had a meeting at Slottsbacken on the 18th June while the other guests were at the government dinner. There were about 50 people having coffee and getting to know eachother.

A video of the guests arriving to the concert, including royals and Victoria and Daniel
Häng med på röda mattan vid Konserthuset - SR om Kungahuset | Sveriges Radio

Daniel´s nieces Hedvig and Vera Blom arriving to the concert, Friday 18th June.
ANP Beeldbank
The photographers wanted a kiss but Victoria said no, just on Saturday
Daylife
I will always remember this night, the joy, love and happiness of Victoria and Daniel
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
And the gorgeous arrow in Victoria´s hairdo
Profimedia

Video of Victoria and Daniel arriving to the concert:
Neiheihei, vi kysser ikke! - VG Nett om Kongehuset

Photos of guests leaving the concert:
Victoria and Daniel
Scanpix Norge
Queen Silvia and king Carl Gustaf
Scanpix Norge
Maxima and Willem-Alexander
Scanpix Norge
Queen Margrethe
Scanpix Norge

Lots of great photos from the concert:
PurePeople

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone looked happy except Letizia.:cool: And you should see the look on her face when Roxette sang.:D I think she should socialize more.
Thanks much for the gallery, LadyFinn! :flowers:

I do not know for sure but I thought that Letizia did not speak English at first. Maybe the language barrier would be a problem at such concerts speaking Danish and some English.

He told that the swedish, norwegian and danish royals meet often and then he suggested that the younger Scandinavian royals should start up their own band – Frederik would play the drums and Haakon the electric guitar. Mette-Marit, of course, would sing lead vocals, and Mary whose roots are roots in Australia could play the didgeridoo.

Hahaha..thank you LadyFinn, a royal band - this is cool :flowers:

Everyone looked happy except Letizia.:cool: And you should see the look on her face when Roxette sang.:D I think she should socialize more.
Thanks much for the gallery, LadyFinn! :flowers:

I personally think that she has issues. It is sad.

On a high note, I was happy to see the Spanish Royal Family well represented.

I personally think that she has issues. It is sad.

On a high note, I was happy to see the Spanish Royal Family well represented.
For goodness' sake, can't she just be tired? She flew to S. Africa couple of days before and back, and she held official duties before flying again to Sweden. I mean, even in the most comfortable circumstances a 12-hour flight to S. Africa and back is tiring.

Well I don't know if she was tired or not, but even on the news they remarked that she was not having a good time on the concert.

Well I don't know if she was tired or not, but even on the news they remarked that she was not having a good time on the concert.

Which doesn't mean much - news broadcasts are very biast. But either way, Letizia looked pretty.

Leitizia looked prettier at the concert than she did at the wedding. She is beyond the word thin and she needs all the color she can get and the red gown was better than the pale pink one. I don't know if she is having a good time or what. She is unhealty looking. No longer "thin", but wraith like. New broadcasts may be biased, but they didn't change her picture.

Which doesn't mean much - news broadcasts are very biast. But either way, Letizia looked pretty.

Biased? Sure, if anything they are biased in a positive light towards the SRF that's why I was so surprised when they said something negative about her.

Daniel's Westling family has a story of kidney problems, is a genetical problem, so when he needed the transplant his father was the donor.

Does anyone have a link to the speeches at the dinner?

Thank you

Thank you. I missed this in trying to follow all the events.

Are there any videos of the pre-wedding concert???

Back
Top Bottom