Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling's Pre-Wedding Events: June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
are dubai royals invited? or any royals from uae? or saudi arabia?

were they not invited or not attending?

Mette-Marit looks pregnant in those photos, is she?

My eyes aren't playing tricks on me.....she does look pregnant!! My guess is she's having a baby. I'd be really surprised if she's not:flowers:.

My eyes aren't playing tricks on me.....she does look pregnant!! My guess is she's having a baby. I'd be really surprised if she's not:flowers:.

The Royal Court would have announced it, if she would be pregnant. And this is not the right thread to discuss about a possible pregancny of her.

were they not invited or not attending?

I don't think they were invited.
It is just the way Mette-Marit's dress flows as the front, I have dresses like this.
If people are noticing it throw a dress, she would have to be 5-6 months maybe, the court would have definetely announced it. :)

The Royal Court would have announced it, if she would be pregnant. And this is not the right thread to discuss about a possible pregancny of her.

Is it an absolute must that they announce it right away? There a lots of couples who announce their pregnancies around the fifth month. Like I said I would be surprised if she weren't. It could be a fat deposit around her abs, but it doesn't look like it to me. Bottom line..I guess time will tell if she is or isn't.

Does anyone know where the royals are staying? The Grand Hotel maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it an absolute must that they announce it right away? There a lots of couples who announce their pregnancies around the fifth month. Like I said I would be surprised if she weren't. It could be a fat deposit around her abs, but it doesn't look like it to me. Bottom line..I guess time will tell if she is or isn't.

Does anyone know where the royals are staying? The Grand Hotel maybe?

She does not look at all pregnant or fat in this picture.
http://www.detkungligabrollopet.nu/...nt/uploads/2010/06/mette_ankomst_tidigare.jpg

or her arrival picture from earlier today.

Either the wind has blown her dress out away from her body, or it is just designed to hang that way.
Both of MM's pregnancy's have been announced within the first month of her pregnancy. IA was "made" if you excuse the term, in May 2003 and announced in July 2003. The same applies for SM.

I love Princess Magarita's dress, very original. :)
I'm surprised that Prince Frederik is not there, he is back from SA.

well im very disappointed that noone from the gulf was invited. what of shiekha mozah? she is a beautiful, modern lady and would have made a fine addition to the bridal party. I think i read somewhere in the guest list that king of saudi arab was invited, but im not sure.

She does not look at all pregnant or fat in this picture.
http://www.detkungligabrollopet.nu/...nt/uploads/2010/06/mette_ankomst_tidigare.jpg
or her arrival picture from earlier today.

Either the wind has blown her dress out away from her body, or it is just designed to hang that way.
Both of MM's pregnancy's have been announced within the first month of her pregnancy. IA was "made" if you excuse the term, in May 2003 and announced in July 2003. The same applies for SM.

This is Victoria's thread so I'm going to clarify this quickly. I do not think she's fat, but how else do you explain the "look" of her stomach if she's not pregnant. She doesn't look pregnant at all in your pic above, but she does to me in this one;
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/media/image/201006/phpckl7M4kungligt2.jpg

I have lots of dresses that fall like that and I don't look like I'm having a child when I wear them. If she is or isn't really doesn't matter to me one bit though:flowers:.

I think it is just the cut of the dress, I doubt she is pregnant, those kind of dresses don't suit me either.

I find the Norwegian princesses most naturally beautiful.

I like Mette-Marit best so far. She looks very glamourous, the hair is stunning and the makeup lovely. Plus she always has such a friendly expression and an innocent look about her which isn't something one can fake.

Martha-Louise is very beautiful. I'm not a huge fan of her dress but I think it reflects her personality like most of her clothes do.

Mary also looks lovely. Her white dress is pretty but predictable. I don't ever see her taking any chances.

Last edited:
Uau, crown princess MetteMarit just looks amazing. The best dressed so far (to me)
She just glows.

Mary looks stunning!!! I agreed that MM looks amazing too

Mette-Marit looks fantastic. There are times, like this evening, when her beauty reminds me of Princess Grace. I love Mary's hair. She doesn't stand out though, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as it's Victoria's evening, but I wish she had chosen something beside white. A bit of color would be good. What a great celebration so far. So glad for all the pics. I really like the ones of Mette-Marit saying good-bye to Ingrid-Alexandra.

Mette-Marit overall improvement

Pregnant or not, she looks fantastic. I am so happy to see the princess whom I consider to be the most classically beautiful (in the Princess Grace mold) of this generation finally dressing in a way that shows that off and doesn't distract from it. She appears so much more elegant, less frumpy, and she is wearing her clothes well...they are not wearing her. Biggest improvement though is hair and makeup. More often than not she is getting it right, which was not always the case.

Now I really only have two issues with her style/look/presentation:

1. STAND UP STRAIGHT!!!! She is the tallest of the princesses and wears it like an anvil around her neck, slumped shoulders, hunched over. Many of her style choices would look even better if worn with correct posture. Besides, with someone that tall, it shows confidence and is really sexy.

2. What is that hat she wears to the Nobel Ceremony every December? It looks like hats worn by some religious community here in the U.S. (not Amish, maybe Mennenite, not sure). But it would be better if she wore that horrendous chicken outfit ML wore to the Spanish CP wedding than that ridiculously frumpy excuse for a hat. Understated is one thing...insignificant is another.

Don't forget she has big problems at her neck.... certain positions can be very painful....

Everyone looks fantastic!! Mette-Marit is stunning! That style of dress really looks great on her (and it helps her husband is pretty hot). And she does slouch a bit, but I've heard it is because of her back and neck problems? I know when my pinched nerve in my neck flares up, I can hardly stand straight without being in great pain and discomfort.

Martha-Louise, well, she is Martha-Louise! That dress fits her and her personality.

Maxima's gown, I really don't care for. I think she has worn it once before and I didn't really care for it then.

Mary is gorgeous and impeccable as usual, but that dress would've looked really AMAZING in a jewel tone to complement Mary's skintone and hair. She rocks the pastels, but I love to see her in jewel tones.

I also liked seeing Maxima, Mette-Marit and Mary at the church with their kids for the rehearsal. I can't wait to see all these royal kids in this wedding.

I'm getting so excited for this wedding!!

My bad on Mette-Marit's slouching/neck problems. I honestly was unaware of them. Could anyone tell me about the cause/nature of the problem?

Regardless, she still looks stunning lately and I think that has helped her confidence in performing her duties.

My bad on Mette-Marit's slouching/neck problems. I honestly was unaware of them. Could anyone tell me about the cause/nature of the problem?

Regardless, she still looks stunning lately and I think that has helped her confidence in performing her duties.

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe she has taken a couple nasty falls that have injured her back and neck to some extent and some people just have the lousy luck of having bad backs or being prone to pinched nerves.

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe she has taken a couple nasty falls that have injured her back and neck to some extent and some people just have the lousy luck of having bad backs or being prone to pinched nerves.

If she has had the falls I am sure she has some lingering pain, which is truly a shame. I'll never forget the Vanity Fair issue from 2003(?) with the young royals. The black and white picture of a sitting Haakon in uniform with MM next to him in a white gown, VERY good posture, beautiful face and hair...one of the most regal portraits I have seen on the younger generation, and she the most common of commoners! Any doubts about her ability to pull off "Crown Princess" were dispelled for me then.

As for her accidents/back/neck pain, I truly wish her health and possible continued recovery so we can enjoy her at her best.

I want to sincerely wish Crown Princess Victoria the best! :)

I've been watching her off & on over the past 15 years, as she's the only one next to Princess Diana and Princess Caroline (& her daughter) that has truly captured my attention over the past couple of decades.

And now the moment has finally arrived wherein she is getting married. I couldn't be happier for this sweet humble lady whom has always conducted herself with class, as if a child were watching her...

This is Victoria's thread so I'm going to clarify this quickly. I do not think she's fat, but how else do you explain the "look" of her stomach if she's not pregnant. She doesn't look pregnant at all in your pic above, but she does to me in this one;
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/media/image/201006/phpckl7M4kungligt2.jpg

I have lots of dresses that fall like that and I don't look like I'm having a child when I wear them. If she is or isn't really doesn't matter to me one bit though:flowers:.

She's leaning against Haakon and the friction between the different materials they are using has allowed the fabric of her dress to be lifted, thus displacing the clean fall of the dress. Combine that with a slight breeze during teh moments the photgraph was taken and the shape of the dress at that point will appear to billow out.

Back
Top Bottom