The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Pre-wedding Events

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I believe--though I could be wrong--that the female singer in Roxette is Anna-Frid from ABBA's daughter.

That's incorrect. Marie Fredriksson (the lead singer) is not related to Anni-Frid Lyngstad. She was born in 1958 and Anni-Frid was 13 then. While it's not impossible to bear a child at 13, it's highly unlikely.

BTW, a little fun fact about Anni-Frid. She's married to a German prince, so she's technically a royal! Her title is Her Serene Highness, Princess Anni-Frid Synni Reuss, Countess of Plauen.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
That's incorrect. Marie Fredriksson (the lead singer) is not related to Anni-Frid Lyngstad. She was born in 1958 and Anni-Frid was 13 then. While it's not impossible to bear a child at 13, it's highly unlikely.

BTW, a little fun fact about Anni-Frid. She's married to a German prince, so she's technically a royal! Her title is Her Serene Highness, Princess Anni-Frid Synni Reuss, Countess of Plauen.
She is a widow now but presumably kept the royal title.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
She is a widow now but presumably kept the royal title.

She did, yes. Widows can keep their title/styles until they remarry.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-27-2010, 05:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

An ABBA member has a royal title, that's something I didn't know.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Photos from yesterday night:
Kronprinsessan vackrast igår! | Posh24.se
Everyone looked happy except Letizia. And you should see the look on her face when Roxette sang. I think she should socialize more.
Thanks much for the gallery, LadyFinn!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

A video made after the concert, Mark Levengood interviewed the artists, you can also see some shots of the royals at the reception:
Vimmel i Grünewaldsalen - Det kungliga bröllopet | SVT Play
Victoria held a speech at the reception at the concert, it´s on this video. It starts about 24.00 minutes
Försnack bröllopsdagen - Det kungliga bröllopet | SVT Play

Photos of Victoria and Daniel leaving after the concert and reception:
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Mette-Marit at the concert:
b-e-w photo
Märtha Louise and Ari Behn
b-e-w photo
Madeleine and King Constantine
b-e-w photo
Old 06-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Courtier

I have a favor to ask to our Swedish speaking posters. During the concert on the eve of the wedding the moderator made some funny remarks about the Danish and Norwegian Crown Prince couples. He said something about all four of them that made everyone laugh. I am desperate to know what the joke was all about. Could anyone capable of Swedish please tell more about it? Thank you :-)
Old 06-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
I have a favor to ask to our Swedish speaking posters. During the concert on the eve of the wedding the moderator made some funny remarks about the Danish and Norwegian Crown Prince couples. He said something about all four of them that made everyone laugh. I am desperate to know what the joke was all about. Could anyone capable of Swedish please tell more about it? Thank you :-)
He told that the swedish, norwegian and danish royals meet often and then he suggested that the younger Scandinavian royals should start up their own band – Frederik would play the drums and Haakon the electric guitar. Mette-Marit, of course, would sing lead vocals, and Mary whose roots are roots in Australia could play the didgeridoo.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:01 PM

Smile Meaning of the song

does anyone know what the two children when they sang for Princess Victoria and Daniel what have they said? because when Daniel was, they all laughed at the girl sang
Old 06-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinalexandra View Post
does anyone know what the two children when they sang for Princess Victoria and Daniel what have they said? because when Daniel was, they all laughed at the girl sang
Here´s an article about the concert and the children singing:
Britta Svensson: Barnens sång hade något som inte går att regissera - kärlek - Britta Svensson - Expressen.se
Translation:
Google Translate
Old 06-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Majesty

vote for Best Dressed Guest at Crown Princess Victoria's Pre-Wedding Dinner and Concert
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Everyone looked happy except Letizia. And you should see the look on her face when Roxette sang. I think she should socialize more.
I do not know for sure but I thought that Letizia did not speak English at first. Maybe the language barrier would be a problem at such concerts speaking Danish and some English.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post
I do not know for sure but I thought that Letizia did not speak English at first. Maybe the language barrier would be a problem at such concerts speaking Danish and some English.

You mean Swedish.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some photos from last Friday:
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Old 06-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
He told that the swedish, norwegian and danish royals meet often and then he suggested that the younger Scandinavian royals should start up their own band – Frederik would play the drums and Haakon the electric guitar. Mette-Marit, of course, would sing lead vocals, and Mary whose roots are roots in Australia could play the didgeridoo.
Hahaha..thank you LadyFinn, a royal band - this is cool
Old 06-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post

I personally think that she has issues. It is sad.

On a high note, I was happy to see the Spanish Royal Family well represented.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq View Post
I personally think that she has issues. It is sad.

On a high note, I was happy to see the Spanish Royal Family well represented.
For goodness' sake, can't she just be tired? She flew to S. Africa couple of days before and back, and she held official duties before flying again to Sweden. I mean, even in the most comfortable circumstances a 12-hour flight to S. Africa and back is tiring.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Courtier

Well I don't know if she was tired or not, but even on the news they remarked that she was not having a good time on the concert.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Well I don't know if she was tired or not, but even on the news they remarked that she was not having a good time on the concert.
Which doesn't mean much - news broadcasts are very biast. But either way, Letizia looked pretty.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Leitizia looked prettier at the concert than she did at the wedding. She is beyond the word thin and she needs all the color she can get and the red gown was better than the pale pink one. I don't know if she is having a good time or what. She is unhealty looking. No longer "thin", but wraith like. New broadcasts may be biased, but they didn't change her picture.