The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Pre-wedding Events

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Courtier

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Letizia's dress horrible...she has no shape with that dress. Loved Mary's dress and of course Victoria's dress. The bride looked radiant. Maxima's dress beautiful too.
Victoria looked radiant. I love her dress!!! Can't wait until tomorrow (of course it's already tomorrow over there).

Old 06-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Courtier

Has anyone seen a picture of Victoria's hair ornament, the 'cupid's arrow'? I haven't seen it properly in any of the photos but I'd like to see it.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Commoner

OMG, does Victoria look radiant! Better than I have ever seen her, and I'm one of her biggest fans. :)

Thanks to everyone for links to the Getty Images, plus more. I just don't know what I'd do without you guys. I've started a separate folder just for 'Wedding' shots. (I'm such a stalker!) And I LOVE the little music-video thing svt has in the beginning of their shows (with the frog?) I recognize the palace, and the royal opera house, but is the barn near Daniel's home? Is that his street in the beginning? (I've watched it about 12x now!

Have you noticed they have added two more channels for tomorrow??? And ONE has a note..."for viewers outside the Nordic area"!!! PLEASE let them narrate in English! (Sorry, but I don't speak Swedish.)
Old 06-19-2010, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I forgot to mention, how adorable are the little royals. Christian is such a cutie now, and Ingrid-Alexandra is such a pretty child. She has inherited her mothers bone structure me thinks! My favourite has to be Amalia, she is such a bubbling ball of fun. So much like her mother.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Has anyone seen a picture of Victoria's hair ornament, the 'cupid's arrow'? I haven't seen it properly in any of the photos but I'd like to see it.
Here you go! It's the foot long arrow brooch from the family's collection. Sylvia's worn it a couple times.

Cupid's Arrow

Old 06-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Courtier

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
I just saw it on the wedding page on the Swedish Royal website. She wore it in her hair at the concert. It is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPV_Rules View Post
OMG, does Victoria look radiant! Better than I have ever seen her, and I'm one of her biggest fans. :)

Thanks to everyone for links to the Getty Images, plus more. I just don't know what I'd do without you guys. I've started a separate folder just for 'Wedding' shots. (I'm such a stalker!) And I LOVE the little music-video thing svt has in the beginning of their shows (with the frog?) I recognize the palace, and the royal opera house, but is the barn near Daniel's home? Is that his street in the beginning? (I've watched it about 12x now!

Have you noticed they have added two more channels for tomorrow??? And ONE has a note..."for viewers outside the Nordic area"!!! PLEASE let them narrate in English! (Sorry, but I don't speak Swedish.)
Don't feel bad. My Swedish is a little rusty, too!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:04 AM
Commoner

can somebody post the clip when the presenter made jokes about the frederik,mary,haakon and mette marit?
THANK YOU
Old 06-19-2010, 02:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Letizia's dress horrible...she has no shape with that dress. Loved Mary's dress and of course Victoria's dress. The bride looked radiant. Maxima's dress beautiful too.
I quite disagree. Letizia is naturally thin but her gown is simply stunning on her. I was afraid actually that she will wear something horrible again but hey, she never goes wrong with a red gown. Mary is getting thin too and the dress didn't help her. It could have been flattering even if she's thin if she decided to have it in another color. Green perhaps? I like Mary in green because of her hair color just as I love Letizia in red. Victoria's dress is lovely even if it's nude. She's very elegant though. I agree that MM should stick to pastel colors. She's lovely wearing those hues. Madeleine's ok as well as Mathilde and it's a repeat.

I wonder why we don't have pictures of the Lux princes? I would love to see Felix.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:17 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Victoria i ægte Hollywood glamour

Gallery of Victoria and Daniel at the concert from BB. Victoria's dress was simply stunning!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrderofSplendor View Post
Here you go! It's the foot long arrow brooch from the family's collection. Sylvia's worn it a couple times.

Cupid's Arrow
Thank you so much! What a lovely piece! Quite a romantic idea to wear it on her hair to the pre-wedding concert.

I'm afraid I won't be able to watch the wedding before 4 pm Swedish time (midnight here in Sydney), our service provider is limiting the bandwidth until that time... Not sure if I'll be able to view it then either since it is a long way to Sweden from here... I'm only hoping they'll make a huge DVD collection afterwards with everything including the evening celebrations and all so I get to see everything. I've managed to get my sister to tape the wedding for me but not sure she'll tape the wedding dinner part of the celebrations or how much she'll be able to record for me.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the wedding dress!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not trying to get off topic, but Letizia's eyes are a bit sad. I didn't know her sister died though. I do hope she finds the strength and courage to be happy in life.
I thought all of the royal ladies looked stunning! Yes there were a few whose sense of style was a bit interesting, but all in all I thought all of the ladies looked good and unique.

If I had to pick my favorites it would be:
1)Victoria....she looked amazing! She wore thee perfect dress and I thought she looked outstanding.
2)Mette-Marit...I love her sense of color and she's not afraid to wear something different.
3)Mary...as always she looked amazing, but I was disappointed in her concert gown. It had a "raggedy" look.
4)Madeleine...for some reason she doesn't have to try hard and she still manages to look beautiful.
5)Letizia...I liked the bottom of her gown and her curls.

Even Maxima looked nice. The concert was like the Oscars. Everyone was dressed to a t. I feel sorry for the men....the only thing they can wear is suits.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:01 AM
Aristocracy

What did the king say in his speech?
Old 06-19-2010, 03:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Silvia´s tears
Silvias tårar | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
The swedish royal family had a party after the concert at a private boat.
Daniel and Victoria weren´t there, they returned after the concert to the Stockholm castle. Daniel´s parents are staying there during the wedding.
Hemlig efterfest i natt | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Victoria and Daniel leaving the concert
Sov gott - i dag blir ni man och hustru - Bröllopet | Expressen

The young royals had a party at the Grand Hotel with Victoria´s and Daniel´s friends. Frederik and Mary kissed.
Här är helgens första kyssbild - Bröllopet | Expressen
Photos from last night, Mette-Marit and Letizia talking, the kiss...
Expressen
Johan T Lindwall from Expressen writes about the eight years of Victoria and Daniel
Himlen runt hörnet - efter åtta års väntan - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate
Old 06-19-2010, 03:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The young royals had a party at the Grand Hotel with Victoria´s and Daniel´s friends. Frederik and Mary kissed.
Här är helgens första kyssbild - Bröllopet | Expressen
Photos from last night, Mette-Marit and Letizia talking, the kiss...
Expressen
I wonder what Mette-Marits drinking.
It looks like a mojito.

Madeleine and Carl Philip seem to be especially close right now.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Feelings about the concert:
Göran Persson: Det var verkligen glädje - Bröllopet | Expressen
Google Translate
Old 06-19-2010, 03:14 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by detta View Post
What did the king say in his speech?
The King's speech can be found here in English.

Some parts of his speech:
"the wedding between the Crown princess Victoria and Mr Daniel Westling that will take place …ehm …Tomorrow isn’t it?"
"You can feel the joy and youth and optimism in their eyes."
Old 06-19-2010, 03:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Today is the big day! I wonder if either of them was able to sleep with all the excitement?

I'd like to congratulate both of them and wish them a very happy future! May God pour many of his blessings on them and their families!
Old 06-19-2010, 03:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling attend pre-wedding party
Old 06-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Aristocracy

Amazing Victoria yesterday, and amazing concert. I couldn't expect something so beautiful. Here is video of the ending part of the concert, where the kids sing to Victoria and Daniel: Festkonserten: Avslutningen - Det kungliga bröllopet | SVT Play
and Silvia is in tears in the end!
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 06-19-2010, 03:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

I have a big problem, as many of us, I think. Yesterday and today, I have time for nothing else than this wedding. Nowadays when you can watch the events via internet, it´s wonderful. And the finnish TV Yle showed the concert last night. I had a little trouble sleeping after that wonderful concert, it was such a special evening.

Gallery of Felipe and Letizia arriving to the concert
Profimedia
Royals arriving
Profimedia
Profimedia
Royals yesterday at the Grand Hotel
Profimedia