The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which royal wore the best outfit last week?
Queen Mathilde, June 22 4 8.51%
Queen Mathilde, June 22 1 2.13%
GD Maria Teresa, June 23 1 2.13%
Princess Tessy, June 23 4 8.51%
Princess Claire, June 23 3 6.38%
HGD Stephanie, June 23 9 19.15%
Queen Letizia, June 23 3 6.38%
Queen Elizabeth, June 23 3 6.38%
HGD Stephanie, June 23 1 2.13%
Queen Mathilde, June 23 1 2.13%
Queen Maxima, June 24 0 0%
Queen Mathilde, June 24 0 0%
Queen Mathilde, June 25 13 27.66%
Infanta Elena, June 26 4 8.51%
Charlotte Casiraghi, June 27 0 0%
Other...please specify 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2015, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Best Outfit: June 22-28, 2015

Welcome to the Picture of the Week poll for the best fashion outfits worn by royals between June 22 and June 28, 2015.

The poll will close on July 4, 2015.

Please feel free to discuss which outfit you voted for but remember to tell us why.

A small group of team members/advisers have assisted the Picture of the Week coordinators in selecting these pictures. Their names are listed below:

dazzling
HereditaryPrincess
Marika86
salma

Have fun!

Picture of the Week Coordinators
ANNIE_S, Humera, soapstar, Tilia C.

All images used in this poll have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright

Old 06-29-2015, 02:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Mathilde June 25 . PERFECT.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:56 AM
Majesty

Queen Mathilde was great on June 25, but this week belonged to Luxembourg, imo. HGD Stephanie and Princess Claire looked amazing. I especially loved that elegant navy blue coat with slightly messy updo that Stephanie wore to the Military Parade on June 23, and Claire at the Te Deum on the same day.

Not sure what Charlotte Casiraghi was wearing on 06/27, but it was not a success. At all.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I voted for Infanta Elena. I really liked her evening dress matched with the flamingo shawl. It's one of her best evening looks.

Next winner up was The Grand Duchess in her Armani Prive suit. Lovely color and print and her overall was great.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:32 AM
Majesty

This week I had to go with Queen Mathilde. I don't think I have every seen her as vibrant and colourful as in this magnificent red ensemble. The photo of she and King Philippe walking together really shows the movement in the ensemble.

https://imultimedia.ctk.cz/storage/f...251089801.jpeg

I love the dress, it's cut and style really suit Mathilde. It is a perfectly balanced dress from the way the neck scoops and the skirt falls, full-skirted but with a softly feminine flutter at the perfectly balanced hem length to the gorgeous large covered buttons down the back.

http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:8...6b4&m=gdiinbpl

But, the finishing touch is her magnificent matching millinery. That hat is perfect for her and suits the style of the dress leaving an overall elegance, with accessories kept to an almost minimalist chic.

It is hard to critique Queen Mathilde's fashion because she is almost alway the quintessential Queen just as she had been as Crown Princess. But I think that works against her because we expect darned near perfect from her. I know the evening gown she wore, her hair, jewellery and tiara were perfect for Carl Philip's wedding . . . . but we expected no less.

This time, this week, on June 25 she nailed it perfectly and out of the box to boot. When has she ever worn such a brilliant red ensemble?
Old 06-29-2015, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Mathilde on June 22 got my number 1 with Princess Claire of Luxembourg at number 2.

It was a great week for Queen Mathilde!
Old 06-29-2015, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

I voted for Stephanie's yellow dress and white hat on 23rd June just to encourage her to wear more outfits like that! It was a great look on her, beautifully fitted and the yellow flower in the whole hat was sweet touch.

Second choice goes to Mathilde on the same day, although she has looked wonderful throughout the week!
Old 06-29-2015, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I voted for queen Elizabeth! I also had other favourites but with reservations... So I voted for the Queen!
Old 06-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

HGD Stephanie in the yellow dress....she looks wonderful!
Old 06-29-2015, 04:00 PM
Majesty

I voted for Mathilde's red dress on June 25. She looked wonderful!

My favorites:

1. Mathilde's red dress (June 25)
2. Mathilde's red and black dress (June 22)
3. Alexandra of Luxembourg (June 23)
4. Claire
5. Queen Sofia's white outfit (June 23)
6. Stephanie's yellow dress
7. Stephanie's pink dress (June 25)
8. Mathilde's red dress (June 24)
9. Letizia
10. Mathilde's blue dress (June 25)
11. Elizabeth
Old 06-30-2015, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

This was a surprise for me but I ended up voting for Princess Tessy. I looked over all the pictures several times but kept coming back to her elegant navy blue ensemble. The other ladies also looked lovely during the Luxembourg National Day events. Stephanie in particular stood out in yellow. She should wear such youthful outfits more often.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

This week I voted for Queen Mathilde on the 22nd. I just love the pattern of bright colours standing out from the dark blue background. But it was a tough choice, I might have voted for Stephanie's yellow dress if I were more fond of yellow. But the cut was supreme!

Old 07-01-2015, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

I voted for Stephanie on 23 June. Loved the vibrant colour, the youthful elegant cut and I was willing to give her a vote, so no hard decision this time.

Also loved most of Queen Mathilde outfits, especially the evening printed dress, and Princess Claire polka dots dress.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Another vote for Queen Mathilde's red dress here - I thought she looked stunning, and red suits her a lot. She should wear it more often. I almost voted for Elizabeth II's blue outfit, but there was something about Mathilde's dress that I liked better.

My other favourite from the poll was HGD Stephanie on June 23. I also liked Stephanie's outfit on June 22 and Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg's evening gown on June 23, but they didn't make the poll.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-05-2015, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

This poll is now closed.
Here are the top 3 winners:

Old 07-06-2015, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

This was a tuff poll with so many great outfits and some great colours as well.

Tags
best outfit, fashion poll, picture of the week