The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which royal wore the best evening outfit last month?
Crown Princess Mary, October 3 1 2.04%
Crown Princess Mary, October 22 2 4.08%
Queen Silvia, October 7 1 2.04%
Queen Silvia, October 8 0 0%
Queen Rania, October 8 0 0%
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, October 7 0 0%
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, October 22 1 2.04%
Queen Mathilde, October 13 4 8.16%
Queen Mathilde, October 14 6 12.24%
Queen Elizabeth, October 20 0 0%
Duchess of Cambridge, October 20 7 14.29%
Duchess of Cambridge, October 26 5 10.20%
Duchess of Cambridge, October 27 0 0%
Queen Sofia, October 21 1 2.04%
Queen Sonja, October 22 2 4.08%
Princess Astrid, October 22 0 0%
Princess Sofia, October 23 2 4.08%
Queen Letizia, October 23 12 24.49%
Queen Maxima, October 26 4 8.16%
Other...please specify 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2015, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Best Gown: October 2015

Welcome to the Best Gown poll, featuring formal wear worn by royal ladies during the month of October 2015.

The poll will close on November 30, 2015.

Please feel free to discuss which outfit you voted for but remember to tell us why.

A small group of team members/advisers have assisted the Picture of the Week coordinators in selecting these pictures. Their names are listed below:

dazzling
Marika86
salma

Have fun!

Picture of the Week Coordinators
ANNIE_S, Humera, soapstar, Tilia C.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:52 AM
Aristocracy

Wow I must be early - equal 1st. I like both of Mathilde's.
Shame there's not a long and short section but obviously not enough dresses.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:50 AM
Majesty

Mathilde won this week for me, both appearances were simply amazing.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:56 AM
Majesty

I voted for Mathilde's pink gown. She look absolutely regal, and the dusty shade of pink is stunning.

My favorites:

1. Mathilde's pink dress
2. Queen Mathilde (October 14)
3. Duchess of Cambridge (October 20)
4. Duchess of Cambridge (October 26)
5. Queen Letizia (October 23)
6. Crown Princess Mary (October 3)
7. Queen Silvia (October 7)
8. Crown Princess Mette-Marit (October 22)
Old 11-15-2015, 05:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I love both dresses of Queen Mathilde. And the red and pink are very beautiful.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:43 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

I like both Queen Mathilde´s gowns but my vote goes to the red dress.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:37 AM
Serene Highness

Letizias Dress was a stunner! So I voted for her
BYe Bine
Old 11-15-2015, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Sonja on October 22nd got my vote with Queen Mathilde and the Duchess of Cambridge as runners up.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

There were some great evening dresses last month, and it was the first time that I voted for a short dress. Queen Letizia looked too beautiful in the black dress with the different coloured ruffles. I loved the swing of the skirt, the colour scheme, the immaculate fit and the combination with those sumptuous pearls.

I also liked Mary's black dress with the swinging skirt, Maxima's van Gogh dress (what a great idea!) and all three gowns of Kate.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:24 AM
Majesty

At first I did not like Letizia's black dress but I now love it. I just love the colors. She looked fantastic.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:02 AM
Nobility

There are several good options this moth, and I have to say, the Duchess of Cambridge on October 27, wore a dress in one of the most beautiful prints I've ever seen. If the dress was cut better, had a full back and not a v-shape, and the awful hem across the knees wasn't there, that dress would had won massively for me. Amazing print, awful cut.
It's nice to see Princess Astrid in a very well-suited pink dress, and Queen Maximas gown has another pretty print this month.

The winner for me however, had to be the Duchess of Cambridge, oct 26. The floaty, old-world gown reminded me of the elegance of Princess Grace and H.M the Queen Mother and her love of floaty fabrics. The cut is sublime, and it drapes the Duchess beautifully. Clear winner, but I really can't not love the Duchess' print from oct 27.

I so want that fabric, so I can sew a dress for myself
Old 11-17-2015, 01:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRohan View Post
There are several good options this moth, and I have to say, the Duchess of Cambridge on October 27, wore a dress in one of the most beautiful prints I've ever seen. If the dress was cut better, had a full back and not a v-shape, and the awful hem across the knees wasn't there, that dress would had won massively for me. Amazing print, awful cut.
It's nice to see Princess Astrid in a very well-suited pink dress, and Queen Maximas gown has another pretty print this month.

The winner for me however, had to be the Duchess of Cambridge, oct 26. The floaty, old-world gown reminded me of the elegance of Princess Grace and H.M the Queen Mother and her love of floaty fabrics. The cut is sublime, and it drapes the Duchess beautifully. Clear winner, but I really can't not love the Duchess' print from oct 27.

I so want that fabric, so I can sew a dress for myself
I quite agree with you about the print. I would love to make a formal for my younger niece or one of her friends out of it. I know several in the Duchess of Cambridge's Evening Wear thread didn't care for the fabric but I'm not one of them.

I did like the Bond premiere dress she wore the night before. It's grown on me since I first saw the pictures.

I also liked Mathilde's red dress,Silvia's peach dress, and Catherine's dress from the Chinese State visit. I also quite liked the fabric of Astrid's dress. That's another bolt of fabric that I would include on my wish list, lol. I also liked the fabric of Elizabeth's dress from the Chinese State visit - those pearls/beading in a diamond pattern - looked like an overlay, which again, I'd be happy to have.

But, my overall winner, which got an immediate "ohhhh! I like that!" exclamation out of me, was Letizia's short black dress with the ruffles shading down to white. That's a neat, interesting, contemporary, fun, flirty dress! Love it!
Old 11-17-2015, 01:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I had to give this one considerable thought, because there were a number of contenders that caught my eye. I finally decided on Queen Mathilde's red dress on October 14. I think she looked stunning, and the best I can remember her looking. I think the elongated line of the design suited her perfectly.

A dead heat for second for me because, although very different, they were outstanding for type. I'm talking about Queen Elizabeth's totally regal October 20th outfit in white with serious bling and silver handbag. I love the overlay to the dress which seems to be decorated with pearls but it could be something else. Whatever it is, the outfit screams: 'I am the real deal', which, of course, she is. The other outfit in this dead heat is CP Mary's black dress of October 3 which I think is divine. Her hairstyle and the lovely dress and shoes work perfectly together.

And an Honourable Mention for Princess Astrid, looking every bit the princess despite the crutches and that very strange little tiara. It looks like the ruby flowers option of the Aigrette tiara, which resembles a pair of insect antennae. Delightfully bizarre!
Old 11-17-2015, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
[...]
And an Honourable Mention for Princess Astrid, looking every bit the princess despite the crutches and that very strange little tiara. It looks like the ruby flowers option of the Aigrette tiara, which resembles a pair of insect antennae. Delightfully bizarre!
You are right, the tiara was the insect antennae, ehm... ruby aigrette. Princess Astrid it quite fearless when it comes to wearing her aigrettes. If only she would try the olf fashioned way of wearing them with feathers. That could have been lovely with that pink gown.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge on Oct. 20. She looked like a million dollars, and every inch the future Queen! And now - tonight's blue number- keep it up Kate!
Old 11-17-2015, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
You are right, the tiara was the insect antennae, ehm... ruby aigrette. Princess Astrid it quite fearless when it comes to wearing her aigrettes. If only she would try the olf fashioned way of wearing them with feathers. That could have been lovely with that pink gown.
Oh, yes! Of course, aigrette = egret. I'm learning interesting new stuff all the time. I love those feathered head ornaments, and the fashion that went with them. Apparently there are animal cruelty issues involved in respect of getting the most ornate feathers, but surely there are ways of doing it that don't involve killing the bird. Birds shed feathers all the time.There are hundreds of cattle egrets around where I live. And convincing artificial feathers could be made these days. I now want to see Astrid wearing feathers with those little tiaras!

Think how much better the ruby antennae would look with this adornment: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...bcaafbcff1.jpg
Old 11-18-2015, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

You are absolutely right, animal protection would have to be ensured, and endangered species are absolutely off.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

This poll is now closed. Thank you all for voting.
Here are the top 3 winners:

Tags
best gown october 2015, fashion poll, formal wear poll