The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 06-19-2014, 11:31 AM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,601
Queen Sofia was my best dressed for the day followed by the Duchess of Lugo and then Letizia. Everyone looked wonderful especially the little girls.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-19-2014, 11:36 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 8,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Queen Sofia was my best dressed for the day followed by the Duchess of Lugo and then Letizia. Everyone looked wonderful especially the little girls.
Yes I agree there,Queen Sofia looked wonderful as did Elena.Not forgetting King Felipe VI and King Juan Carlos who both looked majestic.Not sure what Infantas Pilar & Margarita wore to the Cortes.
__________________

__________________
30th of July 1936-Birth of HRH The Infanta Pilar of Spain, Duchess of Badajoz, Dowager Viscountess de la Torre
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-19-2014, 11:42 AM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 2,375
I put the girls on the top of the best dressed list today

No, seriously, they were very beautiful and charming. Y especially loved the colour of Leonor´s dress and Sofia´s cute headband.
__________________
Palaces are not the ones that dignify kings; kings are the ones who honor them with their presence.
Isabel, ep. 26

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-19-2014, 12:17 PM
christythedreamer's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ., China
Posts: 290
Every one is well-dressed lol.
__________________
Take Me Home Tonight
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-19-2014, 12:25 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 14,954
Letizia was just pure perfection today. Just what was needed. Felipe was the star of the day, but Letizia was very elegant in her lovely outfit, I loved the embroidery, colours of Spain? Leonor and Sofia looked beautiful. Good that Letizia chose different colours for them. And as for the hairdos, I think that it was just great that both the former princess of Asturias, queen Letizia, and the new princess of Asturias, Leonor, had braids. And Felipe, he looked better than ever today.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,439
I found Letizias Outfit a Bit underwhelming and i hated the hairstyle, braids are for Little Girls.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-19-2014, 01:03 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,561

Braids are what highly intellectual women in Spain wear. Queen Letizia looked very Stepford and budget. She tried really hard to sell her image like wives of politicians do.
I liked Infanta Elena's ensemble and demeanour.
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things" Amanda, "Point of No Return"
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Letizia was just pure perfection today. Just what was needed. Felipe was the star of the day, but Letizia was very elegant in her lovely outfit, I loved the embroidery, colours of Spain? Leonor and Sofia looked beautiful. Good that Letizia chose different colours for them. And as for the hairdos, I think that it was just great that both the former princess of Asturias, queen Letizia, and the new princess of Asturias, Leonor, had braids. And Felipe, he looked better than ever today.
I agree. Her instincts were unerring in this. She struck just the right note. Having seen her choice, one cannot imagine what else she would have done. 'Pure perfection'.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-21-2014, 11:57 AM
Fürstin Taxis's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Emmeram, Germany
Posts: 765
Recepci?n En El Palacio Real - El misterio de los cuatro zapatos que us? Do?a Letizia - ABC.es

abc noticed that she changed her shoes after a break from the reception
__________________
Without obsession, life is nothing.
John Waters

Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-21-2014, 01:54 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

Braids are what highly intellectual women in Spain wear. Queen Letizia looked very Stepford and budget. She tried really hard to sell her image like wives of politicians do.
I liked Infanta Elena's ensemble and demeanour.
"Highly intellectual, Stepford, budget" I never thought a sentence could be constructed with these three terms together

On a serious note, she said "let me finish" to a question posed to her by the press during her engagement interview. 10 years later, she is still being crucified for that. Most of the international press still mentions it in every article written introducing her as the new Queen.

Now, can we blame her for her understated, quiet appearance on THE day that Felipe has to shine, not her?


PS: Sure she could have had an elaborate updo, but she chose a simple one that functioned in keeping her hair out of her face and could withstand all the open air ceremonies as well as a long day.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Danishla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami, United States
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkg View Post
"Highly intellectual, Stepford, budget" I never thought a sentence could be constructed with these three terms together

On a serious note, she said "let me finish" to a question posed to her by the press during her engagement interview. 10 years later, she is still being crucified for that. Most of the international press still mentions it in every article written introducing her as the new Queen.

Now, can we blame her for her understated, quiet appearance on THE day that Felipe has to shine, not her?


PS: Sure she could have had an elaborate updo, but she chose a simple one that functioned in keeping her hair out of her face and could withstand all the open air ceremonies as well as a long day.
Good point. The functionality of the braid, apart from looking elegant and simple . . . it did keep her hair in place for the street procession and long day ceremonies . . .
__________________
Danishla

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-22-2014, 02:06 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I found Letizias Outfit a Bit underwhelming and i hated the hairstyle, braids are for Little Girls.
I agree about the braids, I found it a bit childish. A soft bun or undo would've fitted much better for me.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-28-2014, 07:44 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Palm Springs, United States
Posts: 4,890
I thought Letizia's outfits were both lovely but not memorable at all for the events. Especially the black and white outfits. Kind of disappointed in her fashion choices.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
king felipe vi, queen letizia


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to Watch the Abdication and Proclamation Fürstin Taxis Abdication & Proclamation 2014 31 06-19-2014 03:13 PM
Proclamation of Felipe VI; Suggestions & Musings TedzLee Abdication & Proclamation 2014 163 06-18-2014 08:37 AM
Abdication & Inauguration: Fashion Choices Marengo Abdication & Inauguration 2013 134 05-11-2013 02:15 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman palace pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince joachim prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]