The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2014, 07:08 AM
Nobility

Let's hope Varela dresses Letizia in a creative design. He has some great outfits for her but most outfits he designed are just plain & this is an occasion that Letizia should not wear anything plain.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
I disagree
Fashion tastes differs, and I think he is boring to death most of times, but I would say this is pretty impressive:
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1836759/th...IZIA-570.jpg?6
That was a stunning choice by Letizia!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Courtier

That was a great ballgown, but that is what it is: a ballgown. Not suitable for a mid-day ceremony with a military défilé and a passage (handshakes) afterwards. These mid-day events happen frequently at the Dutch Court and then such a gown is often paired with a matching coat, or it is a gown with long sleeves and a high neckline.

Two royals in mid-day dress waving to the public (source: haagsefotos.nl): http://www.haagsefotos.nl/html/prins...g-2012-113.jpg
Old 06-19-2014, 01:34 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince Felipe VI's coronation: Princess Letizia jewels - hellomagazine.com
Old 06-19-2014, 07:02 AM
Courtier

I actually hoped for a long dress, but honestly it was a good choice Letizia did. Not only with her behaviour also with her attire, she didn´t wanted to steal any spotlight, like some people love to accuse her.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:14 AM
Royal Highness

I am pleased Queen Letizia wore a white dress as I think that is a good colour to wear for a queen! The embroidery around the collar appears to be red and yellow and adds a lovely touch of sparkle to the whole ensemble. Yes, it would have been nice to see a long dress, but like Queen Mathilde, the outfit was superb for the event.
King Felipe looked incredible in his uniform and sash and I think epitomises what a king should look like.
The little princesses looked lovely and so beautifully behaved - it was lovely the way Queen Letizia kind of coached them and paid attention to them, which will have given them confidence in front of all the people.
Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena looked elegant and lovely.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Letizia looked beautiful and elegant today in her outfit,however she could have worn a better pair of earings than those diamond stars which she has worn to death.Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena also looked elegant but the real stars were Leonor & Sofia.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:35 AM
Royal Highness

Europe is certainly the most handsome King Felipe.
Queen Letizia's dress elegance and noble
Old 06-19-2014, 07:40 AM
Gentry

Love Letizia's dress, so elegant and really suits her as a new Queen of Spain

Infanta Elena and Queen Sofia also looks great
Old 06-19-2014, 07:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Letizia looked beautiful and elegant today in her outfit,however she could have worn a better pair of earings than those diamond stars which she has worn to death.Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena also looked elegant but the real stars were Leonor & Sofia.

Did you see Leonor's tiny star earrings she wore yesterday?

Starting them early, I suppose.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:04 AM
Nobility

HM the King looked fantastic and suitably regal in his uniform and orders.
HM the Queen looked wonderful, and the sparkling embroidery round her collar hit just the right note of celebration..
The two little princesses also looked great, as did the perennially elegant Queen Sophia.

My winner of the day however, was the Duchess of Lugo, who looked sensational.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:07 AM
Serene Highness

My god.... what a charming royal family! Maybe the best goodlooking in europe?
Old 06-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
HM the King looked fantastic and suitably regal in his uniform and orders.
HM the Queen looked wonderful, and the sparkling embroidery round her collar hit just the right note of celebration..
The two little princesses also looked great, as did the perennially elegant Queen Sophia.

My winner of the day however, was the Duchess of Lugo, who looked sensational.
And the embroidery in the colours of Spain, red and gold, a great Little Detail. The Epitome of elegance and the Girls are just super-super-cute!
BYe Bine
Old 06-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Lovely outfit! and it's a great color for her. The embellishment around the collar adds a lot to the dress. I would've liked to see her hair up in a soft bun for the embellishments to stand out a bit more.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
And the embroidery in the colours of Spain, red and gold, a great Little Detail. The Epitome of elegance and the Girls are just super-super-cute!
BYe Bine
I agree. I thought Letizia looked very appropriately dressed yesterday and today.

I also thought Queen Sophia looked lovely in her yellow / gold suit today.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Letizia's white ensemble was elegant. But the hair?!!! Why??? A nice chignon would have been perfect.

The new Princess of the Asturias and Princess Sofia were impeccable!
Old 06-19-2014, 09:54 AM
Nobility

Once more, I feel totaly disappointed with Letizia look. The outfit is ok to attend a Military ceremony or other oficial events, but not for the Proclamation, wich is really historical moment. Acording to King Felipe uniform, she should wear a long dress (even when the rest of ladies wear short dresses).

If Letizia wears a short outfit, she should wear some nice earrings and of course a much better hairdo. In this case, she would look much better.

Little Infantas Leonor and Sofía looked perfect, their dresses are really lovely.

Mention of honour for Queen Sofía and Infanta Elena, they showed their great class and elegance.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Didn't see the Spanish embroidery on collar I will check. How perfect, white plus Spanish colors, elegant, only wish for low chignon.
I could not have imaged more perfect dresses for the girls,same style different colors, very wide inverted pleats and rich and hot fabrics reminding you of historical infant as.elena never looked so good, perfect with red and her son adorable,Sofia perfection as usual love the color choice, cheerful,and necklace. Such a gorgeous family
Old 06-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think everybody looks fantastic but this is a very different. Pronation from the Netherlands I must say I love the Netherlands so much so regal and impressive I would have like it to se another coronation like that
Old 06-19-2014, 10:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Letizia's white ensemble was elegant. But the hair?!!! Why??? A nice chignon would have been perfect.

The new Princess of the Asturias and Princess Sofia were impeccable!

I completely agree about the hair. It was too simple and a bit informal. Like many others here I wanted to see Letizia in a long gown, but the dress she wore and the color were really elegant, so no more objections.
The Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofia looked adorable and very beautiful. Also Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena wore very elegant outifts.

Tags
king felipe vi, queen letizia