The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Didn´t thought of that :/
Imo Sofias dress from 1975, with a modern cut, would be perfect for the new Queen.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Courtier

During the 1975 Investiture, Queen Sofía was the only one to wear long. That was the same during the Investiture in Luxembourg, when Grand Duchess María Teresa was the only one to wear long.

In Belgium and Monaco "normal" dresses were worn. In the Netherlands the formal long daywear with hat, which once was common at all Courts, was maintained, with great, colourful and festive effect.

I hope Doña Letizia will follow the example of Queen Sofía and Grand Duchess María Teresa and wear long, but as Spain wants to keep it as sober as possible, I am in doubt. We will see.

Picture: Grand Duchess María Teresa during the Investiture of Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg, source 2.bp.blogspot.com: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-S1HRrFj3eX...sserment2.jpeg

Old 06-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
During the 1975 Investiture, Queen Sofía was the only one to wear long. That was the same during the Investiture in Luxembourg, when Grand Duchess María Teresa was the only one to wear long.

In Belgium and Monaco "normal" dresses were worn. In the Netherlands the formal long daywear with hat, which once was common at all Courts, was maintained, with great, colourful and festive effect.

I hope Doña Letizia will follow the example of Queen Sofía and Grand Duchess María Teresa and wear long, but as Spain wants to keep it as sober as possible, I am in doubt. We will see.

Picture: Grand Duchess María Teresa during the Investiture of Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg, source 2.bp.blogspot.com: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-S1HRrFj3eX...sserment2.jpeg

It will also depend if seh will wear an Order sash. If yes she has to wear long.
Queen Sonja also wore a long gown when King Harald took the oath in Parliament. But as it was only a few days after the death of King Olaf it was of course black.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It will also depend if seh will wear an Order sash. If yes she has to wear long.
Queen Sonja also wore a long gown when King Harald took the oath in Parliament. But as it was only a few days after the death of King Olaf it was of course black.
And of-course it will be the same in Denmark, where a proclamation is made the morning after the monarch's death.
At Harald's consecration, Sonia wore an intriguing caped and trained gown in white.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
And of-course it will be the same in Denmark, where a proclamation is made the morning after the monarch's death.
At Harald's consecration, Sonia wore an intriguing caped and trained gown in white.
In Denmark there is no Investiture. The new monarch is proclaimed from the balcony of the Royal Palace and that is it... Surprisingly sober for such a theatre-loving monarchy...

Old 06-11-2014, 03:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
In Denmark there is no Investiture. The new monarch is proclaimed from the balcony of the Royal Palace and that is it... Surprisingly sober for such a theatre-loving monarchy...

Yes, it's ashame there is only a proclamation, one can only imagine what Queen Margrethe would have looked like in full coronation regalia!
Old 06-13-2014, 04:26 AM
Nobility

The fashion attire is formal dress for men and short dresses for females.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Yes, it's ashame there is only a proclamation, one can only imagine what Queen Margrethe would have looked like in full coronation regalia!
Queen Margrathe has not abdicated, so it's a moot point anyway. This is the Spanish Royal Family thread.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
The fashion attire is formal dress for men and short dresses for females.
So disappointing. Same dress code than any normal day in the Congress, ok...

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 06-13-2014, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Yes it is,given the occasion I had hoped it would be a tad more formal than this.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Morning dress is long tails for men ...this is after all Congress and Senate dressed at their best.

Letizia, as usual, will have to deal with a tricky dressing code.....the act is too solemn to just wear a short dress. I think she'll go for an austere long dress like Queen Sofia wore during JC proclamation.

Frankly, I'm more curious about Leonor. What is she going to wear? She is the Crown Princess and only 8 y.o after all.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Queen Margrathe has not abdicated, so it's a moot point anyway. This is the Spanish Royal Family thread.
So what? It's not entirely off topic and pads out what will otherwise be a rather short thread! There is no harm whatsoever in making additional comments to the thread along the lines of the subject, in this case being fashion choices for the Spanish inauguration. We cannot make suggestions on what Letizia will wear based solely upon what Sofia wore 40 years ago. We must look to other inauguration/proclamation fashion choices to gauge what might be suitable for a similar event in Spain. I would be happy with your comment had I been talking about the tea in China
Old 06-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Morning dress is long tails for men ...this is after all Congress and Senate dressed at their best.

Letizia, as usual, will have to deal with a tricky dressing code.....the act is too solemn to just wear a short dress. I think she'll go for an austere long dress like Queen Sofia wore during JC proclamation.

Frankly, I'm more curious about Leonor. What is she going to wear? She is the Crown Princess and only 8 y.o after all.
I really hope that the dress code is only for guests, and both the King and Queen as well as the people on the tribune won´t have to follow it.

I don´t think Letizia is going to wear a long dress if the men on the tribune are wearing normal suits and not morning dress. That would be odd.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 06-13-2014, 08:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Something Similar to what CA and Princess Elisabeth wore presumably but a little maybe lighter in color and style. She is daintier girl.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Courtier

According to this website, Letizia will wear an outfit by Felipe Varela and shoes by Margit.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
According to this website, Letizia will wear an outfit by Felipe Varela and shoes by Margit.
Whatever she wears, it is guaranteed to be impressive. Looking forward to seeing her choice.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Princess Letizia spotted visiting favourite designer ahead of coronation
Hellomagazine.com
Old 06-18-2014, 05:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Filipe Varela was never impressive, very conservative and classic, she will look impecable but not impressive....
Old 06-18-2014, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Filipe Varela was never impressive, very conservative and classic, she will look impecable but not impressive....
Im not surprised by her choice to go to him. He's outfits are very similar and lacks creativity but once in a while he does come up with something nice. Let's hope he does this time.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I disagree
Fashion tastes differs, and I think he is boring to death most of times, but I would say this is pretty impressive:
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1836759/th...IZIA-570.jpg?6

Tags
king felipe vi, queen letizia