The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Abdication & Proclamation 2014

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 06-20-2014, 09:47 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,730
Spanish Introductory Visit to the Vatican; June 30, 2014

First trips abroad

June 30 - The Vatican
July 7 - Portugal
July 14 - Morocco
During the summer, no date confirmed - France

Los Reyes viajarán al Vaticano el día 30 y a Lisboa y Marruecos en julio - La Razón digital
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-20-2014, 09:51 AM
christythedreamer's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ., China
Posts: 293
^ I wonder why they didn't include Jordan in their first round of foreign trips, given their friendship with the JRF. Can't wait to see them though.
__________________

__________________
Take Me Home Tonight
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:06 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
^ I wonder why they didn't include Jordan in their first round of foreign trips, given their friendship with the JRF. Can't wait to see them though.
Might it be that France's immediate neighbours and strategically important countries come before other royal families with whom they enjoy a warm relationship with?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:07 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
First trips abroad

June 30 - The Vatican
July 7 - Portugal
July 14 - Morocco
During the summer, no date confirmed - France

Los Reyes viajarán al Vaticano el día 30 y a Lisboa y Marruecos en julio - La Razón digital
Its good to see they have got the announcements out promptly. Will their be a national tour?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:42 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,730
Spain is bigger than Belgium or the Netherlands, and they have had little time to plan a route in all provinces. They often attend events across Spain, so at first the will visit different places, but not in an official tour. Next week they will travel to Cataluña to attend Impulsa Forum of the Prince of Girona Foundation.

They will have tomorrow their first public event in Madrid, where they will meet with associations of victims of terrorism.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-2014, 01:18 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,456
The Introductory Visit to Morocco can be found here
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-20-2014, 07:07 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 8,916
Hola

El Vaticano, primer destino oficial de los Reyes Felipe VI y Letizia | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
__________________
Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco,September 14, 1982
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-20-2014, 07:16 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 1,701
I wonder if they will take the girls to the Vatican, they haven't meet Pope Francis yet.
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-22-2014, 09:44 AM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,766
shouldn't all these threads of visits be in the normal thread for their activities?

King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family - The Royal Forums
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-22-2014, 11:29 AM
christythedreamer's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ., China
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Might it be that France's immediate neighbours and strategically important countries come before other royal families with whom they enjoy a warm relationship with?
I'm not saying that they should visit Jordan before other countries. I simply wondered why Jordan wasn't on the list. I mean I know that the SRF has a good relationship with their Moroccan counterpart so I'm curious that Jordan isn't included at this stage. But thank you for your answer anyway.
__________________
Take Me Home Tonight
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I wonder if they will take the girls to the Vatican, they haven't meet Pope Francis yet.
I would love to see that! Those little girls are so beautiful. At least Leonor should be taken, as she is now Princess of Asturias and Heiress-Presumptive.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-22-2014, 01:41 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 1,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
I'm not saying that they should visit Jordan before other countries. I simply wondered why Jordan wasn't on the list. I mean I know that the SRF has a good relationship with their Moroccan counterpart so I'm curious that Jordan isn't included at this stage. But thank you for your answer anyway.
I think right now, countries with the most priority would be those close to Spain. Portugal, Morocco and France are the closest countries and Spain's borders. Vatican is just because of the Catholic faith, as a new King and Queen they should have the blessing of the Pope.

Following this Introductory Visits, Belgium, England, Germany, Netherlands and Jordan should follow, as well as the scandinavian countries.
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-23-2014, 02:56 AM
christythedreamer's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ., China
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I think right now, countries with the most priority would be those close to Spain. Portugal, Morocco and France are the closest countries and Spain's borders. Vatican is just because of the Catholic faith, as a new King and Queen they should have the blessing of the Pope.

Following this Introductory Visits, Belgium, England, Germany, Netherlands and Jordan should follow, as well as the scandinavian countries.
This makes sense to me. Thanks.

Anyway I hope they are going to bring the new PoA to Vatican although it's unlikely to happen?
__________________
Take Me Home Tonight
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-23-2014, 03:22 AM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 1,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
Anyway I hope they are going to bring the new PoA to Vatican although it's unlikely to happen?
I don't know, no one knows. But when the Pope visits Spain, they bring the girls to meet him. The visit in 2006 they took baby Leonor and the visit in 2011 they took both girls.
However this time is a work visit as new King and Queen, maybe they won't take the girls, if it were a private visit, I would be almost 100% that they would go with their parents. This way I don't know, but we'll see...
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-23-2014, 04:19 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
This makes sense to me. Thanks.

Anyway I hope they are going to bring the new PoA to Vatican although it's unlikely to happen?
I suspect the PoA probably needs to go to school.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-23-2014, 04:34 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I would love to see that! Those little girls are so beautiful. At least Leonor should be taken, as she is now Princess of Asturias and Heiress-Presumptive.
This is the first visit to the Vatican by King Felipe and Queen Letizia. Unlike previous private visits, this is a State Visit. Children do not usually accompany their parents on such occasions.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-23-2014, 04:43 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,730
The girls begin this week summer vacation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-23-2014, 05:09 AM
nouwrein's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The girls begin this week summer vacation.
Are they going to Mallorca this summer?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-23-2014, 08:52 AM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 1,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
This is the first visit to the Vatican by King Felipe and Queen Letizia. Unlike previous private visits, this is a State Visit. Children do not usually accompany their parents on such occasions.
This is not a State visit, it's an Introductory Visit. They're diferent
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-29-2014, 02:10 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,581
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia con Su Santidad el Papa Francisco

casareal calls this visit 'audience with HH pope francis'

I am curious about the dress code. 10 years ago F&L had a private audience with Pope John Paul II in full gala wear:
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/C...8-b8366de49241
JC and Sofia went to see Pope Francis in ordinary business outfit, Sofia not even wearing a veil:
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/487...UPQevLbw%3d%3d
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
king felipe, king felipe vi, pope, pope francis, pope francis i, queen letizia, vatican, vatican city state, visit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spanish Introductory visit to Morocco: July 14, 2014 dazzling Royal Family of Morocco 73 08-14-2014 11:28 AM
Spanish Introductory Visit to France; July 22, 2014 dazzling Abdication & Proclamation 2014 22 07-23-2014 05:50 AM
Spanish Introductory Visit to Portugal; July 7, 2014 dazzling Abdication & Proclamation 2014 29 07-08-2014 07:08 PM
King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia's Visit to Rome and the Vatican; April 26-28, 2014 lula King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia 4 04-28-2014 02:31 PM
King Abdullah II`s working visit to the Vatican & Austria: April 7th - ,2014 Rossina King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family 7 04-08-2014 09:34 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman picture of the month pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]