Spanish Introductory Visit to Portugal: July 7, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Spanish Introductory Visit to Portugal
July 7, 2014

King Felipe and Queen Letizia will meet at Belém National Palace with the President of Portugal and his wife Maria Cavaco Silva, who will offer a lunch in their honor. The King and Queen will also keep meetings with Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho, and the president of the Assembly of the Republic, Assuncao Esteves.
Source: casareal.es

Programme of the visit to Portugal - July 7

Official reception at the Presidential Palace of Belem

Meeting of King Felipe with President Cavaco Silva . Maria Cavaco Silva and Queen Letizia will meet in the Palace of Belem with the president of the Federation of Rare Diseases Portugal, Paula Costa.

Arrival to the Palace of Queluz, they will tour the gardens and attend a horse show of the Portuguese School of Equestrian Art. There the President will offer a lunch attended by a hundred guests of Portuguese institutions, society, politics, business and culture.

Meeting in the National Assembly with the Speaker of the House, Assuncao Esteves, and parliamentary speakers; they also will visit the Chamber.

Meeting with Portuguese Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho

Los Reyes viajan el lunes a Portugal en su segundo viaje oficial al extranjero ? Jefes de estado ? Noticias, última hora, vídeos y fotos de Jefes de estado en lainformacion.com

They arrive now to Lisbon. The welcome ceremony now on portugues tv

Direto RTP Informação - RTP Play - RTP

(The forum of the visit is closed :ermm:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link, Lula. Belém Palace is gorgeous :wub:

The Kings of Spain are in Portugal.

My country. :wub:

I wish I was in Lisbon to go see.

My favourite Kings.
:wub:

The Dukes of Braganza usually go to the visits of Kings to Portugal.

Were the visits of Kings of Norway and Sweden.

Will be invited?

Duques de Bragança presentes na recepção aos Reis de Espanha - Blog_Real
Real Associação da Beira Litoral: SS.AA.RR. OS DUQUES DE BRAGANÇA PRESENTES NA RECEPÇÃO AOS REIS DE ESPANHA

https://caras.sapo.pt/incoming/2014/07/07/1-5-.jpg/ALTERNATES/w364h555/

Her name is Teresa Bragança. Is she related to the dynasty?

Never heard of her. It could just be a nickname. I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how lovely, in light blue...... wonderful colour for the new Queen!
BYe Bine

Could someone please translate what was written in the Esteemed Guests Guestbook/Book of Honour? Thanks in advance.

Looks like it was a stunning day in Lisbon for the visit today. Everyone also seemed to be so happy and enjoying each other's company in the pictures. It truly does radiate out from the pictures from today.

Also love what Letitzia wore for the Visit. Fantastic colour on her and and a pretty Summery look, but still professional and suiting the purpose of the visit perfectly. Well Done Your Majesty!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Queen Letizia and Maria Cavaco Silva's meeting with the President of the Rare Diseases Association:
Encontro com Rainha D. Letizia e a Presidente da Federação das Doenças Raras - ATUALIDADE: GERAL - Maria Cavaco Silva - PRESIDENCIA.PT

The Dukes of Braganza usually go to the visits of Kings to Portugal.
They were invited to the lunch, along with the Duchess of Cadaval and Prince Charles-Phillipe:
Imagem Ampliada - Presidência da República Portuguesa

Visit to the Parliament, in the afternoon:
VIDEO - Felipe e Letizia no Parlamento > TVI24

Another video from yesterday:
http://www.rtp.pt/noticias/index.php?article=750860&tm=8&layout=122&visual=61

Last edited:
Even if it was short, this visit was very nice. Our Portugese neighbours are really good hosts! ;)

The day was lovely and Lisbon was so beutiful, and the Royal and Presidential couple seemed to get along very well.

Even if it was short, this visit was very nice. Our Portugese neighbours are really good hosts! ;)

The day was lovely and Lisbon was so beutiful, and the Royal and Presidential couple seemed to get along very well.

Twas a beautiful setting and a nice mix of guests with the President and his wife,TRH the Duke & Duchess of Braganza,HRH Prince Charles-Philippe,Duc de Anjou & HRH The Duchess of Anjou and Cadaval.

I had forgotten that there is another Duke & Duchess of Anjou!

Could someone please translate what was written in the Esteemed Guests Guestbook/Book of Honour? Thanks in advance.

From what I can understand of the handwriting, it's something like:

"It makes us particularly happy to be back in Portugal for our first official visit as King and Queen of Spain. We are very thankful for the hospitality and very commited with the wonderful relationship of friendship and cooperation between Portugal and Spain."

Back
Top Bottom