Roles within the Spanish Royal Family after King Juan Carlos' Abdication

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the third time in 40 years that members of the Royal Family appeared on the palace balcony... none of them are used to.

The girls were not frightened by people, girls were upset by the sun, that bothered them directly in the eyes. Leonor has very light eyes and she tried to cover them. It was very hot, there were fainting in the street and even among the guests of the palace ... I think the girls thought only to arrive home and jump in the pool.

It hasn't been said in any official statement that Elena will be doing duties of the Princess of Asturias because she is so young, it was just written to this forum by some person.

I misinterpreted their post. I didn't hear any reports about Elena performing Leonor's engagements whilst she is still too young. I think I saw it in a post upthread, or perhaps a different thread. I agree with the original poster that this will most likely be the case, since Cristina is unable to 'cover' for Leonor and Felipe and Letizia have their own engagements to do as King and Queen.

Leonor's, Princess of Asturias, parents will have to step up the effort then and cover up for their daughter. Both Infanta Elena and Infanta Christina, despite her failings, ceased to be members of the Spanish royal family.

Last edited:
Yes, They be children but they can never, esp. the heirs, be 'normal' in the way other children can be.

When your fate is set the second you're born, live in a 300 year old manor and, sadly, get death threat's like the Duchess of Brabant, did you can really only have a type of normal...Down to earth routine, Parent's and family who keep you grounded , Friends who love you for who you are not what.

Queen Sophia should continue her patronages and Infanta Elena could help.

As for Cristina, she should stay away as far as possible.

Will she server jail time is she is convicted?

Thanks - it makes absolutely sense to make a clean cut with both Elena & Cristina. I found the idea that Elena would stand in for Leonor completely out of order.

This was the third time in 40 years that members of the Royal Family appeared on the palace balcony... none of them are used to.

The girls were not frightened by people, girls were upset by the sun, that bothered them directly in the eyes. Leonor has very light eyes and she tried to cover them. It was very hot, there were fainting in the street and even among the guests of the palace ... I think the girls thought only to arrive home and jump in the pool.

The girls might also have been overwhelmed by the tremendously fraught emotions among the adults concerning this hand over of power - children sense these things whether adults try to over it up in front of the kids or not.

Where is King JC and Queen Sofia residing now that he has step down?
I assume that King Felipe and his Queen has moved into the palace once occupied by King JC?

Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía are still residing in their private appartments at La Zarzuela.

La Zarzuela is not a specific palace but more a complex of several buildings on an annex of the domain of the neighbouring El Pardo Palace.

Nobody has moved since Felipe has become King, he still lives with his family in his residence on Zarzuela grounds, the Kings still live in Zarzuela Palace. Felipe now uses the old office of his father but both the Kings and the old Kings use office space there.

Queen Sophia should continue her patronages and Infanta Elena could help.

As for Cristina, she should stay away as far as possible.

Will she server jail time is she is convicted?

No. First of all an examining magistrate is investigating if there was any wrongdoing by Infanta Doña Elena. If the evidence is convincing enough, the examining magistrate can advice the Office of the Public Prosecutor to start a case against Infanta Doña Elena.

Even in the case of a lawsuit (for so far the examining magistrate seems to have difficulties to make a coherent and convincing story with necessary evidences) it is most unlikely that Infanta Doña Elena will ever have to be in jail. The alleged wrongdoing is that she used her spouse's credit card to purchase goods. On that credit card was money, allegedly partly from the NOOS Institute. With this the Infanta was blamed of "laundring money". These are not wrongdoings which are punished with terms in jail, for sure not when there is no case of recidive (the Infanta has never been convicted before). In case of a conviction it will be a hefty fine.

Last edited:
This thread is now closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom