Proclamation of King Felipe VI: June 19, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Inauguration of King Felipe

NDKQM8R.jpg

Last edited:
Originally posted by Lula

June 19

- King Juan Carlos will impose his son the sash of the Captain General of the Armies, in a solemn military ceremony at Zarzuela Palace.

- Members of the Royal Family, the family of the King and Letizia´s family will attend the proclamation in Congress.

- King Felipe and his family will tour the streets in a Rolls Royce, probably covered, for safety reasons.

- King Felipe, Queen Letizia, Princess of Asturias, Infanta Sofia, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia will greet from the balcony of the Royal Palace

- King Felipe and Queen Letizia will host a reception for 2,000 guests, officials and representatives of various sectors of Spanish society.

El Rey no hablará en el acto de sanción de la ley de su abdicación

Los nuevos reyes saludarán uno a uno a los 2.000 invitados en el Palacio Real - La Razón digital

Felipe VI ofrecerá una recepción para 2.000 invitados tras su proclamación como rey - Noticias de España

Zarzuela se inclina por que los nuevos reyes recorran en coche cubierto el centro de Madrid

Can I have the address for the live broadcast

OMG Felipe looks so nervous!!! He barely can breath...

Why Victoria de Marichalar is not present?

After receiving the sash the King went onto kiss his family and then Infanta Elena curtsied and Felipe de Marichalar bowed to him ..
Btw, Leonor and Sofia are looking very cute.

So Letizia won't have a long dress? Mmmmm...
the girls are really precious!

Why queen Letizia is not wearing a tiara??

No long dress? Oh well :( I suppose it really isn't going to be grand.

The girls look amazing though.

All the ladies looked lovely. Felipe looked so nervous, but at the same time very regal. Tough days for king Juan Carlos.

The dress code is morning dress Rossina, which doesn't include wearing a tiara. Sofia also didn't wear one 39 years ago.

The dress code is morning dress Rossina, which doesn't include wearing a tiara. Sofia also didn't wear one 39 years ago.
Thanks Charlotte_Aster.
I thought the ceremony will be similar to the Dutch .

Prince Nicholas of Greece was at Zarzuela. He was on the stairs for a short while talking to Felipe VI. He wasn't dressed formally so he won't be at the parlament.

A lovely dress for Letizia and it seems that the ladies coordinated their outfits (all pastels/whites). It makes it seem less like an operetta and more like an event in 2014.

Despite of all the things around Infanta Cristina she is the sisters has Infanta Elena so she has the same rigth of beeing there...I think it's that she should be there she is a part of the family isn't she??

I really don't think this is the right moment for her to appear at a public royal event. The new king needs to start with a clean slate, no need to have a reminder there of what made the slate dirty.

--
According to TVE the family of Queen Letizia is there too. I didn't see them yet on television. I supposed that they are seated in the galleries, like the family of Q. Mathilde was in the Belgian parlament.

Last edited:
Letizia looks beautiful, and the two infantas are so cute :D

They arrived to the parliament ....

I really don't think this is the right moment for her to appear at a public royal event. The new king needs to start with a clean slate, no need to have a reminder there of what made the slate dirty.

Amen!

Also the sobriety of the dress code is ideal in a country in economical crisis and where a great deal of citizens seem to be fed up with the monarchy
I like a little pomp and circumstance, but you can have it only when people are madly in love with the institution ,like in the Uk or in the Netherlands

Back
Top Bottom