Princess Alexandra, News and Picture Thread 3: February 2006 - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditebaby said:
Charlotte is stunning and has an air of maturity. While Alexandra has a simple beauty that grows each year with an aura of wisdom. I think in a few years there will be no rivalry of any sort. Alexandra just seems to blossom even more each year.

Very true! Charlotte has an aura of maturity and elegance while Alexandra has one of an innocent beauty.

but we don't know what happen in next few years.. maybe she look like Charlotte..

A couple of weeks ago, I read in Point de Vue that Alexandra is attending the Lycée français du Luxembourg (aka Lycée Vauban). Can anyone confirm this ? I browsed through this thread and the previous one but I can't find anything on her education. Why doesn't she go to Beau Soleil just like her brothers or will she go when she will be 16 ? Does anyone know, please ?

Last edited:
That coat she is wearing is so pink!:wacko:Anyway, thanks for posting them mims111. I kept hearing somewhere that she did some school visit...

She looks really pretty in the picture. I really like the style of her coat although i agree it is very pink.

I have to agree that is very pink. I think she looks gorgeous in pastels and light soft colors.

My goodness. We've made it all the way to her birthday and there hasn't been anything more recent about her since November.:ermm: I hope she'll be able to go out and do some more appearances or something during spring break. I like watching how she matures each year and becomes more elegant. Her fashion sense is definitely growing well.

ups...I think I can´t post the pics.... sorry...it´s in the web-log of the royal family of Luxemburg...

She really is pretty. I had no idea she wasn't in the line of succession:neutral:

crm2317 said:
She really is pretty. I had no idea she wasn't in the line of succession:neutral:

IIRC, she is in the line of succession, she's just very, very far down the list. All the male branches of the entire family would have to be gone before she could inherit the throne as the Grand Duchess.

I gather that when Guillaume marries a debate will start about equal succession rights for men and women, like it started in Denmark and Spain when their crownprinces got engaged.

Marengo said:
I gather that when Guillaume marries a debate will start about equal succession rights for men and women, like it started in Denmark and Spain when their crownprinces got engaged.

Wouldn't the Luxemburg RF lose the Royal Highness style if a woman assends to the trone, the RH style goes with the P of Bourbon-Parma title (even if the don't use it anymore) and in the Bourbon-Parma family titles can only go true a male-line..

Princess Robijn said:
Wouldn't the Luxemburg RF lose the Royal Highness style if a woman assends to the trone, the RH style goes with the P of Bourbon-Parma title (even if the don't use it anymore) and in the Bourbon-Parma family titles can only go true a male-line..

They wouldn't lose the Royal Highness. All of the Grand Dukes and Grand Duchesses were entitled to the style of Royal Highness, even before Grand Duchess Charlotte married Prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma. The other members of the family used the title of Grand Ducal Highness. So even if the Bourbon-Parma line did indeed become extinct, the Grand Duke or Grand Duchess would still be a Royal Highness.

[I hope that makes sense, and I apologize if it doesn't! :wacko: I'm up too late!]

But didn't GD Jean already 'drop' the Bourbon-Parma title in the 80-ties? That is what I understood anyway, he was angry with his cousin Carlos-Hugo (the Duke of Parma, ex-husband of HRH princess Irene of The Netherlands) as CH didn't want to recognise the marriage of Henri and Maria-Theresa as equal. This way Henri's children won't be entitled to the Bourbon-Parma title anyway. Jean became angry at the snobbery of his cousin and dropped th Bourbon-Parma title all together. He did keep the HRH that came with the Bourbon-Parma title, but I believe it is now 'attached' to the Luxembourg title.

Marengo said:
But didn't GD Jean already 'drop' the Bourbon-Parma title in the 80-ties? That is what I understood anyway, he was angry with his cousin Carlos-Hugo (the Duke of Parma, ex-husband of HRH princess Irene of The Netherlands) as CH didn't want to recognise the marriage of Henri and Maria-Theresa as equal. This way Henri's children won't be entitled to the Bourbon-Parma title anyway. Jean became angry at the snobbery of his cousin and dropped th Bourbon-Parma title all together. He did keep the HRH that came with the Bourbon-Parma title, but I believe it is now 'attached' to the Luxembourg title.

You're right, Jan-Maarten, he did give up the Bourbon-Parma title...I thought about explaining that too, but then realized my original answer was confusing enough. :ROFLMAO:

I think I saw her at H&M today!!! I wasn't sure about it at first, because H&M is maybe the last thing you expect so see a princess lol but the more I looked at her the more I was sure it was her! she was with a bunch of French speaking girl friends which seems logical because she is at the French lycée!

I think it's possible for Alexandra to have been at the H&M. It's a very trendy store that's pretty popular so I wouldn't be shocked (to find out that she shops there, I mean). You are so lucky to have run into her...or at least to have seen her out and about. I'd have died of shock if I saw a Princess at the store...

Last edited:
I think it's possible for Alexandra to have been at the H&M. It's a very trendy store that's pretty popular so I wouldn't be shocked. You are so lucky to have run into her...or at least to have seen her out and about. I'd have died of shock if I saw a Princess at the store...

yeah it was kind of strange! but nobody seemed to see her! she really seemed to be just a normal girl... and here in such a small country it's quite common, because my sister had already seen her out in the city too

You're so lucky to have seen her at such a close proximity!

Alexandra's a very pretty girl. I do not think that the men of this family are particularly good-looking, no offense, but Alexandra certainly got great genes from both sides of the family.

Alexandra and Guillaume have visited Esch/Alzette the day before National Day (22nd June 2007) but unfortunately there aren't any pics of this event on rtl.lu as it has been last year. :neutral:

However I have some pics in newspaper Luxemburger Wort and as soon as my scanner is working again I will post them here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom