Princess Alexandra, News and Picture Thread 1: April 2004 - February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
now that would be something to see. however i wouldn't want to see it everytime i saw them. they should just stick to plain and simple.

i cant wait to see alex's fashion in years to come... she should so marry prince william

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I could see Louis being a surfer.
He would stand out from the other princes...they all dress too similar :p

bad_barbarella said:
i cant wait to see alex's fashion in years to come... she should so marry prince william
Prince william? nah....for some reason i don't like Prince William much...

Last edited by a moderator:
isnt drugs legal there... i can imagine louis with dreads... surfing.... hmmm

You might be thinking of the Netherlands... I think Luxembourg is still fairly conservative - maybe drimal can tell us...? :)
Anyway, what school does Alexandra attend? Would she be at a Swiss boarding school yet?

Well, I wonder if and when she goes to Switzerland where she'll go. She might go to Le Rosey when she's a bit older... I think girls can go there.

Yes, Guillaume at least went to Le Rosey - I'm not sure about Felix but he probably did... :)

Institute Le Rosey

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Institut Le Rosey, established in 1880, is the oldest private school in Switzerland and one of the most exclusive private education institutions in the world. It offers studies in either French or English to the students (ages 9 through 18) who come from some of the world's wealthiest families in dozens of different countries. Attendees of this school generally guard their privacy.

Le Rosey runs two campuses. In spring and autumn, classes are held in the at the Château du Rosey facilities near the village of Rolle in the Vaud canton, located between Lausanne and Geneva. For the winter term, the entire student body moves to Chalet Rex, Gstaad in the Bern canton, home to the world's most elite ski resort and where skiing is part of the school's curriculum.

The annual boarding and academic fees are CHF 71.700 (around USD 57.000 at a 0.8 exchange rate) and other services charged separately add up to around CHF 15.000.

Despite its relatively small student body, Le Rosey offers instruction in more than a dozen languages, with many students studying four different languages.

Invaluable to the students is a very high-quality education with an International Baccalaureate. However, as adults, having a worldwide network of former classmates at the highest levels of industry or government, can be priceless.

Some of Le Rosey's students, whose attendance is a matter of public record, are:

the school's official site...

http://www.rosey.ch/

A teacher-pupil ratio of 1: 6 and an average of one staff-member for every three students!!! OMG this totally kills public schools >__< hahaha

OH MY GOD! I couldn't even get an accounting teacher in my final year of school (even though I went to a private school... albeit a dodgy private school :p). Wow! Is Le Rosey the school that has two different locations depending on whether it's winter or summer? Actually I guess I should go check the website myself... thanks, hillary!

no problems mate....i checked out the website last time...i was amazed the school had two campuses depending on the season! What a hassle having to move all your stuff hahahaha....but it seems like a great school ^___^

Wow! Lots of big names went there. I had no idea Sean Lennon went there. Imagine the class reunion... Alexandra, other royals and Sean Lennon and the Strokes to provide the music. That would be good times!

Yeah, a reunion from that school would be great - musicians, royalty, rich heirs/heiresses - you wouldn't know who to talk to first! If I ever have kids I'd like to send them to Le Rosey (hehehe!). I wonder how frightening the school fees are though? I shudder to think!

i think on one of the pages it varies from $15000-57000US!!!! $57000 O________O

and i forgot to mention the fee is for per year!!!

AAAARRGHH! That's like 50 million billion Australian dollars... I wonder if anyone's had to sell a kidney to send their children there?

That's definitely more than a kidney. Perhaps an arm and both legs also.

That's a lot - and I'd have to chuck in a liver as well - I can get by with one. Hehehehe! :p

The school is really good for privacy and security i guess the rich are willing to pay anything to prevent their children from the media and paparazzi and kidnappings...

XVI Pics from 18.12.2000 and from 9.9.2000

Now I have some pictures for you, the first four are from 18.12.2000, the ceremony of appointment as Herditary Grand Duke for Prince Guillaume on 18.12.2000 and other two pics of a photo shooting on 9.9.2000.
1. the children on the couch (seegerpress posted this pics of date 18.12.2000, but on corbis similar pics of the family on the yellow couch are of date 7.4.2001:confused: )
2. a picture of the ceremony
3. same note as for picture one
4. another picture of the ceremony
5. and 6. pics of photoshooting of 9.9.2000

Note: Prince Guillaume became Hereditary Grand Duke with 19 years which is pretty early!;)

Attachments

• 18.12.2000 1.jpg
    18.12.2000 1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 2,109
  • 18.12.2000 2.jpg
    18.12.2000 2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 276
  • 18.12.2000 3.jpg
    18.12.2000 3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 18.12.2000 4.jpg
    18.12.2000 4.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 9.9.2000 1.jpg
    9.9.2000 1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 358
  • 9.9.2000 2.jpg
    9.9.2000 2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 363
hillary_nugent said:
i think on one of the pages it varies from $15000-57000US!!!! $57000 O________O
If you think about it, $30,000 per year isn't that much for a private school. I went to a private school (I don't even want to mention the fees) and people were willing to pay the money because, as my parents said, they wanted their kids to have a good education. I think that's what's happening at Le Rosey; everyone's seen the graduates, who wouldn't want their child to be one of those names mentioned? And as Hillary said, the security and privacy would be guaranteed. A perfect place to send the world's future leaders, diplomats and musicians. :p

Look, Hillary - it's the tiny couch! :D :D Sorry, I'm just being silly. But I guess Alexandra doesn't look huge compared to the couch unlike her brothers!

Maybe it isn't the couch...maybe the princes are massive hahahaha...nah...all the furniture in the house are probably all tiny! ^__^ Thanks for the pics Drimal...look at their dog! it's so cute...what do you think is its name? hahaha

Please get back on topic!

This thread is about News and Pictures of Princess Alexandra. And I do not see a connection between tuition rates at your own personal private school versus other private schools has to do with Princess Alexandra.

If you would like to continue such a discussion, then please do so via PM or e-mail with each other. This is not the place for it.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

i think they may wait till alex is 16 or 18 before they put a tiara on her head... she will be so pretty when shes older...

For the official portrait for her 18th birthday, I wonder whether she will wear a fabulous dress and a sparkling tiara! Still, we've got a few years to wait for that! :)

Do she think she will have a debutante ball? She might even attent the Crillon Ball ! ^__^ it would give her a chance to wear a great nice gown and a beautiful tiara!!! ^___^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom