The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ohh so sad! Those were good pictures! Especially the ones with Guillaume!

Old 11-11-2004, 05:29 AM
Nobility

Part II National Day: 23.06.2004

1. Princess Alexandra on 23.06.2004

Some more photos of Luxembourg's National Day 2004

Why is Luxembourg's National Day on 23.06.2004?:)

There is an interesting story about:
Than Grand Duchess Charlotte (Grand Duke Jean's mother) came on the throne in 1919 the National Day was 23.01. (that was her bithday) , but a few years later it was altered to the 23.06 because the weather is usually nasty in January and sunny in June.
Than Grand Duke Jean arrived on the throne in 1964 (born the 5.5) the National Day was not changed because of the same reason.
Nowadays it is a tradition to celebrate the National Day on 23.06. so why should it be changed?:)
Although Grand Duke Henri is born in April the National Day is still the 23.06.

1. Heriditary Grand Duke Guillaume and his brother Prince Felix
2. Prince Felix and his brother Prince Sebastien
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexandra national day celebration.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	55492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Henri 23.06.2004 6.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	55498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Henri 23.06.2004 7.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	55499  

Old 11-12-2004, 05:58 AM
Courtier

its so cute seeing her with her parents she is the true definition of a princess
Old 11-13-2004, 01:26 AM
Heir Apparent

She is pretty don't you think? its a pity she's 13 and she still wears those preppy short dresses...
Old 11-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Preppy short dresses? They don't look so preppy to me.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Royal Highness

I personally think she is very appropriately dressed. She looks like a 13 year old, not a 13 year old trying to look like a 21 year old.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
I personally think she is very appropriately dressed. She looks like a 13 year old, not a 13 year old trying to look like a 21 year old.
Which is quite rare nowadays, daresay I.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:53 AM
Heir Apparent

i'm glad she dresses for her age off course ^__^ i just wish i saw her more often in other stuff other than those dresses she wears ^___^
Old 11-14-2004, 05:58 AM
Nobility

She is really very beautiful!:o

But in her family there are so many of beautiful princesses: Princess Marie Astrid and her daughters Marie Christine and Gabriella are beautiful, than Princess Margaretha and her daughters Princess Maria Anunciata and Marie Astrid are really pretty and Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte is also one beauty. :)

I'm a boy so I remark first the female beauty ! But I assent that the Princes in this family are pretty too: Grand Duke Henri and his four sons (Guillaume, Felix, Louis and Sebastien) for example, or Grand Duke Jean (when he was younger) and the sons of Princess Marie Astrid too.

The beauty is in the family there are no doubts!:)
Old 11-14-2004, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

hahahaha....i totally agree with you drimal and like i mentioned before they are keeping the 'good-looking' gene to themselves!!! that's why they should marry outside the family and share the gene around ^___^ like the saying goes - sharing is caring hahaha ^___^
Old 11-15-2004, 05:28 AM
Nobility

Part IV Pictures from 18.04.2004

1.the whole family on the stairs of the castle
2. pretty Princess Alexandra
3. the family outside
4. Princess Alexandra with her siblings
5. Princess Alexandra with her mother Maria Teresa (beautiful picture!:) )
6. and 7. other photos on the stairs with the beautiful carpet
8. another picture with all five children of the Grand Dukal couple
9. a small picture ( unfortunately I have lost this picture in an higher quality:( !)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Alexan2.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	56403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexan3.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	56404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexan4.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	56405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexan5.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	56406  

Name:	Alexan6.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	56407   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexand2.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	56408   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexand3.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	56409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexand4.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	56410  

Attached Images

Old 11-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is a castle the same thing as a Chateau?
Old 11-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Courtier

i thinks so... :S she always looks so pure in white
Old 11-16-2004, 12:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Is a castle the same thing as a Chateau?
"Chateau" is the French word for castle. "Palais" is the French word for palace. So...
Chateau de Fischbach=Castle of Fischbach, or appropriately in English, Fischbach Castle.
and
Palais Grand-Ducal=Grand Ducal Palace.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
"Chateau" is the French word for castle. "Palais" is the French word for palace. So...
Chateau de Fischbach=Castle of Fischbach, or appropriately in English, Fischbach Castle.
and
Palais Grand-Ducal=Grand Ducal Palace.

Hope this helps.
Yes suturegeisha. You are right!:)
Luxembourg has its own language, the Luxembourgish (Lëtzebuergesch), but laws and statutes are in French.
We have no newspaper in Luxembourgish, the two main newspapers Luxemburger Wort and Tageblatt are in German. But the main TV channel RTL Tele Lëtzebuerg is in Luxembourgish.

So official it's Palais du Grand Duc , Château de Fischbach and Château de Colmar-Berg.

The Grand Dukal family is living in the castle of Fischbach (Château de Fischbach) and the Palace(Palais). They moved from Colmar-Berg to Fischbach after Henri became Grand Duke on 7th october 2000 and the former Grand Duke Jean and his wife Josephine-Charlotte live actually in Fischbach.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimal
Yes suturegeisha. You are right!:)
Luxembourg has its own language, the Luxembourgish (Lëtzebuergesch), but laws and statutes are in French.
We have no newspaper in Luxembourgish, the two main newspapers Luxemburger Wort and Tageblatt are in German. But the main TV channel RTL Tele Lëtzebuerg is in Luxembourgish.

So official it's Palais du Grand Duc , Château de Fischbach and Château de Colmar-Berg.

The Grand Dukal family is living in the castle of Fischbach (Château de Fischbach) and the Palace(Palais). They moved from Colmar-Berg to Fischbach after Henri became Grand Duke on 7th october 2000 and the former Grand Duke Jean and his wife Josephine-Charlotte live actually in Fischbach.
Oh, so Grand Duke Henri and his family, plus GD Jean and GD Josephine-Charlotte live in Fischbach, now, too? I didn't know that- I thought they still lived in Colmar-Berg. Thanks for the info, drimal. :)
Old 11-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought that too...maybe I was missinformed. Oh, and thanks for the Chateau thing-I'm just beginning to learn French.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
Oh, so Grand Duke Henri and his family, plus GD Jean and GD Josephine-Charlotte live in Fischbach, now, too? I didn't know that- I thought they still lived in Colmar-Berg. Thanks for the info, drimal. :)
Sorry, I wrote something wrong.

It is right that the Grand Dukal family (Henri, Maria Teresa and their children) moved from Colmar-Berg to Fischbach, but the former Grand Dukal couple (Jean and Josephine Charlotte) have moved too. They moved from Fischbach to Colmar-Berg where they are living now.

It's some sort of tradition that the reigning Grand Duke is living in Fischbach.

I hope you excuse me my little error.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimal
Sorry, I wrote something wrong.

It is right that the Grand Dukal family (Henri, Maria Teresa and their children) moved from Colmar-Berg to Fischbach, but the former Grand Dukal couple (Jean and Josephine Charlotte) have moved too. They moved from Fischbach to Colmar-Berg where they are living now.

It's some sort of tradition that the reigning Grand Duke is living in Fischbach.

I hope you excuse me my little error.
Ah. I see. I think my eyes must have been crossed when I read it before. Thank you, drimal.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:04 AM
Nobility

Part V Other Pictures of 2004

1.and 2. from the baptism of Jean of Luxembourg (son of Guillaume, Prince de Luxembourg+Nassau+Bourbon and Sibilla Sandra Weiler)
Here is a link for more pictures of this event:) :
http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal...g2004album.htm
3. with Prince Imre (son of Princess Marie Astrid)
4. a photo of Princess Alexandra in 2004 (but I ignore the event)

Note: It is a pity that the thumbnails are no longer pictures, but small links. I prefer a lot more the former system. Hopefully they will change that!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alexandra jeanluxembourg2004.jpg (27.7 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg Alexandra jeanluxembourg2004-03.jpg (64.0 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg a82695.jpg (150.8 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg A2004 2'.jpg (3.2 KB, 178 views)